Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Just got the email saying order cancelled system error :(

same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I ordered two and received an email to say part of my order is out of stock, if I get one I'll be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭dodzy

msmx5 wrote: »
    Currently USD 9.99 (€8.84) inc delivery on promo at banggood
    just FYI, IE variant is $10.99

• Advertisement

I have broadband with sky and apparently I can’t connect with these plugs (have 3 of them) because it only supports 2.4 WiFi. Anyone have anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

wawaman wrote: »
    I have broadband with sky and apparently I can’t connect with these plugs (have 3 of them) because it only supports 2.4 WiFi. Anyone have anything similar?

Are you sure the sky WiFi router only supports 5Ghz, I would've thought most modern routers do both? Ive found that I need to use a device that uses 2.4 to set the plugs up initially, like an old android tablet I have

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭cullenswood

There is a setting on Sky routers that allows you to have the two connections, both 2.4 and 5, meaning you can hook the Sonoff up to it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dsurf

You need to go into your router settings and temporarily disable the 5Ghz signal allowing only the 2Ghz signal to be transmitted and picked up while setting up your Sonoff, when it's connected you can then re-enable the 5Ghz and life should resume as normal with your Sonoff plugs working as they were intended on 2.4Ghz. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

dsurf wrote: »
    You need to go into your router settings and temporarily disable the 5Ghz signal allowing only the 2Ghz signal to be transmitted and picked up while setting up your Sonoff, when it's connected you can then re-enable the 5Ghz and life should resume as normal with your Sonoff plugs working as they were intended on 2.4Ghz. Hope this helps!

I confirm dsurf is correct:
    1. Temporarily turn off 5GHz, make sure your phone is connected to 2.4GHz (it should be as the 5Ghz is off)
    2. Use the eWeLink app to set up your Sonoff.
    3. Once set up, re-enable 5Ghz and you phone etc should go onto the 5GHz Wifi and the Sonoffs will work on the 2.4GHz ---

FYI - I had the same issue with the "New" Virgin Media white Compel router which broadcasts the same SSID for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever had the issue where the plug has a WiFi connection but not power seems to be coming out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

wawaman wrote: »
    Anyone ever had the issue where the plug has a WiFi connection but not power seems to be coming out of it?

No such issues here. You mean you are turning it on in the app but the connected device isn't powering on? Is the light on the plug turning red when powered on?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    No such issues here. You mean you are turning it on in the app but the connected device isn't powering on? Is the light on the plug turning red when powered on?

I had a kettle plugged in, when I turn on the plug with the app it turns on but the kettle doesn’t boil. I pulled out the kettle plug to make sure it was ok and tried it in another socket and worked like normal. The normal green/blue light is on

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Make sure the kettle isint too powerful for the plug.

I'm using 4 or 5 plugs daily with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Bought 3 of these earlier this year, but only using them now for Xmas lights.
    Any automation apps that could connect these up with hue lights in a IFTTT type of way? E.g Hue light comes on then these trigger on.
    I've tried yomomi but it doesn't seem to have connection to ewelink.

EDIT: ewelink itself seems to have ability to connect other devices and accounts but I don't see Hue as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

Bought 3 of these earlier this year, but only using them now for Xmas lights.
    Any automation apps that could connect these up with hue lights in a IFTTT type of way? E.g Hue light comes on then these trigger on.
    I've tried yomomi but it doesn't seem to have connection to ewelink.

EDIT: ewelink itself seems to have ability to connect other devices and accounts but I don't see Hue as an option.

I connected it to google home, so you could make the call from google there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

fuse wrote: »

Or alexa, I use the alexa sunset sunrise and it works very well

fuse wrote: »

Sorry what call?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Snotty wrote: »
    Or alexa, I use the alexa sunset sunrise and it works very well

If you create a scene you can use sunrise and sunset in eWeLink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Invincible

Out of the 8 I got 2 died without being overloaded.

For anyone using the eWeLink app can you have it installed in 2 different devices and both logged into the same account. I have it setup on my android and wife's iPhone. It wont keep both of us logged in. Wife has just logged in now and my app has forced me log out. If I log in on my phone it will then log my wife out.
    Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

For anyone using the eWeLink app can you have it installed in 2 different devices and both logged into the same account. I have it setup on my android and wife's iPhone. It wont keep both of us logged in. Wife has just logged in now and my app has forced me log out. If I log in on my phone it will then log my wife out.
    Annoying.
    I had that same problem. What u need to do is set up a 2nd account on ewelink. And then share the devices to that account.

odddavey wrote: »
    I had that same problem. What u need to do is set up a 2nd account on ewelink. And then share the devices to that account.

cheers. seems awkward but anyway I'll do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Annoying.

No. Logging in on another device logs you out on the first device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I have it set up with google home and anyone of us can turn them on. Only find the app handy if we're coming back late and want to switch a few lights on, which is rare

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

cheers. seems awkward but anyway I'll do it.
    No it's straight forward enough.
    Select one of your devices, on the bottom left, select share. Enter the email address of recipient, then you can share all devices.

See video

https://youtu.be/aoKK_Tj6Pxk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

If you create a scene you can use sunrise and sunset in eWeLink

It never worked in eWeLink app, the timed schedule woud only work. Works like a charm on Alexa plus voice control is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

It never worked in eWeLink app, the timed schedule woud only work. Works like a charm on Alexa plus voice control is handy

Works for me on eWeLink app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Works here

Advertisement