Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-05-2019, 22:44   #1576
BelleO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF2013 View Post
Question for anybody who’s already drawn down please??? Is the loan pack they send just the loan offer letter and the acceptance form we need to have signed in presence of solicitor? Our solicitor said there should be other documents sent to him and won’t meet us until he receives them, council not returning our call to clarify and we want to get the ball rolling!
Did you already receive your sale agreed pack and meet for your final interview?

We made an offer on house, received out sale agreed pack & went back for final interview with updated salary certs, savings etc and signed the MPI agreement. Then two weeks later received out final approval and repayment information, we had to sign it and return it and then 1 week later our solicitor received the contracts from Fingal and now we are due to meet with solicitor next week to sign contracts and finalise everything.
Hope that helps.
Advertisement
29-05-2019, 22:49   #1577
BelleO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurazal View Post
Could anyone advice if Bank's Sanction in Principle Letter (basically, approval in principle for a certain amount) is OK for the Council? Still gathering the documents for main application and these letters from banks seem to be the headache...
You don’t actually need an official letter of offer/refusal from banks anymore. You can use the online mortgage calculator and take a print screen of the amount you are offered and this will suffice.
A year ago I applied and had to get the two letters of mortgage approval:refusal from banks and it was tedious to get them. My circumstances changed so submitted a new application late last year and the council advised that a screenshot of online mortgage calculator will be enough as most banks are making it difficult for people to get these letters from them.
30-05-2019, 08:31   #1578
DamoNolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleO View Post
Fingal will send you your final approval and you just need to sign it and send it back to them. The law department in fingal will then issue a loan pack to your solicitor and then you will be ready to sign contracts with your solicitor. I am signing contracts next week and it all seems very straight forward from this point on.
Once you sign contracts the solicitor will look after everything with fingal from here on in.
Once I sign it and send it back how long does it take fingal laws department to send out the loan pack??thanks
30-05-2019, 12:01   #1579
BelleO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoNolan View Post
Once I sign it and send it back how long does it take fingal laws department to send out the loan pack??thanks
Our solicitor had the loan pack back from Fingal in about 7 working days so not too long at all.
Thanks from:
30-05-2019, 15:22   #1580
Ukelele!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurazal View Post
Hi, guys. I find this tread to be so useful and reassuring. A quick question: when you fill in the application form but do not have a property in mind yet, do you just enter the maximum amount that you hope to be approved of? And if approved, do you have to go with the maximum amount then or is there any flexibility in this?
For me, when i put my salary into the calculator, it said I'd get around 120,000. This wasn't really enough, so I decided to apply for 160,000 and the coco told me to apply for the higher amount and then they'd come back to me with a lower amount, if needed. It took 6 weeks for them to come back to me and say "you applied for too much" and made me start the application all over again. So just bear that in mind. It wasted 6 weeks. When i reapplied for the 120,000, i had to submit screenshots of the calculator showing my salary giving me 120,000.
Advertisement
31-05-2019, 00:11   #1581
Amary

Quote:
You don’t actually need an official letter of offer/refusal from banks anymore. You can use the online mortgage calculator and take a print screen of the amount you are offered and this will suffice.
A year ago I applied and had to get the two letters of mortgage approval:refusal from banks and it was tedious to get them. My circumstances changed so submitted a new application late last year and the council advised that a screenshot of online mortgage calculator will be enough as most banks are making it difficult for people to get these letters from them.
It just depends on what council you are applying to. I had to have letters from the bank a screenshot wasn’t good enough. Maybe phone and ask before putting in your application.
31-05-2019, 11:35   #1582
massy086

Hi has anyone self employed got approved on this sceme
01-06-2019, 19:07   #1583
blahbaba

does anyone know how strict they are with house size?? if inside the price range?
02-06-2019, 08:45   #1584
Shaun__90

Hi, I was refused on friday based on my last 12 months savings which was €16,000!!? Can someone please tell me why they said that I had insufficient savings, or has anyone else had this problem? I have the full 10% deposit for the house and a little bit more. They don't explain themselves very well.
Advertisement
02-06-2019, 14:38   #1585
Amary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun__90 View Post
Hi, I was refused on friday based on my last 12 months savings which was €16,000!!? Can someone please tell me why they said that I had insufficient savings, or has anyone else had this problem? I have the full 10% deposit for the house and a little bit more. They don't explain themselves very well.
Do you have enough saved to cover stamp duty and solicitors fees? I was told I needed that too. Did you have any break in savings over the 12 months it needs to be continuous savings. They should explain to you what the problem is. Hopefully someone else on here will know more.
02-06-2019, 16:44   #1586
Shaun__90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amary View Post
Do you have enough saved to cover stamp duty and solicitors fees? I was told I needed that too. Did you have any break in savings over the 12 months it needs to be continuous savings. They should explain to you what the problem is. Hopefully someone else on here will know more.
Yeah I have all of that and I am also eligible for the Help to Buy grant also, they never explained in any detail, they just stated insufficient savings over a 12 month period, and i save every month with no breaks.
03-06-2019, 16:53   #1587
GF2013

Quote:
Did you already receive your sale agreed pack and meet for your final interview?

We made an offer on house, received out sale agreed pack & went back for final interview with updated salary certs, savings etc and signed the MPI agreement. Then two weeks later received out final approval and repayment information, we had to sign it and return it and then 1 week later our solicitor received the contracts from Fingal and now we are due to meet with solicitor next week to sign contracts and finalise everything.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for that!!! We received the final loan offer letter and have our meeting tomorrow with the council. Our solicitor was contacted by council solicitor on Friday to say he’d receive the loan pack shortly so hopefully things will get moving quicker from this week. Our vendors solicitor sent a letter last week to say he’s quite ill so to hurry things along quickly. My nerves are shattered!
03-06-2019, 17:15   #1588
delkel38

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahbaba View Post
does anyone know how strict they are with house size?? if inside the price range?
They are strict with 175sqm max size unfortunately.
03-06-2019, 18:17   #1589
BrownFinger

The scheme back in news for all the wrong reasons.
04-06-2019, 09:19   #1590
Jmk725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun__90 View Post
Yeah I have all of that and I am also eligible for the Help to Buy grant also, they never explained in any detail, they just stated insufficient savings over a 12 month period, and i save every month with no breaks.
Ask them for more details, what you have to show, get it in writing.
I was rejected first time too as I didn't "demonstrate ability to repay".
Had to get more details off them as to what this meant.
I appealed their decision and won so I got offered what I requested.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion