Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-01-2019, 15:26   #16
sheroman01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,515
Gonna ask a stupid question here; Paypal say "If your claim is approved we’ll send a refund of up to €30". So I return my own items as normal to say Sports Direct, pay for the returns myself. Then log into Paypal and let them know much it cost me to return the item. If it's €30 or below, they send me that amount. Is that correct?
sheroman01 is offline  
Advertisement
30-01-2019, 15:31   #17
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroman01 View Post
Gonna ask a stupid question here; Paypal say "If your claim is approved we’ll send a refund of up to €30". So I return my own items as normal to say Sports Direct, pay for the returns myself. Then log into Paypal and let them know much it cost me to return the item. If it's €30 or below, they send me that amount. Is that correct?
Pay with PayPal
Return said goods
Upload pics of receipt and the package
Wait a few days
Postage refund comes back to your PayPal account

So the answer to your question is yes
OmegaGene is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-01-2019, 15:36   #18
jamescd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Yes that will works, I always take a pic of the package and the receipt and upload both

Thanks. How long does it usually take for the refund to come through?
jamescd is offline  
30-01-2019, 15:36   #19
august12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescd View Post
I've just used this for the 1st time. The form asks to upload receipt with the return address. I sent it by Registered Post and on the receipt there's no address. It just has the Country, which is Great Britain in this case, Weight, Tracking Number, etc.. I fortunately took a photo of the parcel with the address clearly visible before sending it though so I uploaded that too. Will that suffice?
Yes that will suffice.
august12 is offline  
Thanks from:
30-01-2019, 15:39   #20
sheroman01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Pay with PayPal
Return said goods
Upload pics of receipt and the package
Wait a few days
Postage refund comes back to your PayPal account

So the answer to your question is yes
Perfect, very handy indeed, cheers!
sheroman01 is offline  
Advertisement
30-01-2019, 15:44   #21
jamescd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroman01 View Post
Perfect, very handy indeed, cheers!

Adding on to what OmegaGene said, after you log in to PayPal, you go to your transactions and click on the transaction that you returned. Scroll down a bit and you should see "Request return shipping refund". Click on that, fill out the form and upload pics as he said.
jamescd is offline  
(2) thanks from:
30-01-2019, 16:40   #22
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescd View Post
Thanks. How long does it usually take for the refund to come through?
About 3 days is my average
OmegaGene is offline  
Thanks from:
30-01-2019, 16:54   #23
Muahahaha
Registered User
 
Muahahaha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 10,067
Great spot OP.

Just wondering when you pay by Paypal are you locked into paying in euro or is STG an option? Whats their rates like on conversions or is there an option to take your banks rate?

I noticed on Amazon if you take their rate you only get around 84p for a euro when the real rate is closer to 89p/€1.
Muahahaha is offline  
30-01-2019, 16:58   #24
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
Great spot OP.

Just wondering when you pay by Paypal are you locked into paying in euro or is STG an option? Whats their rates like on conversions or is there an option to take your banks rate?

I noticed on Amazon if you take their rate you only get around 84p for a euro when the real rate is closer to 89p/€1.
PayPal’s rates are shocking and there is an option to use your own banks rates, I set up mine to use revolut rates a while ago now
OmegaGene is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-01-2019, 17:00   #25
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 9,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheroman01 View Post
Perfect, very handy indeed, cheers!
It’s very useful for eBay purchases too, the amount of times I’ve had to argue with the seller to get my return postage back for faulty items, now I don’t even bother asking and just file a claim with PayPal
OmegaGene is offline  
Thanks from:
30-01-2019, 17:40   #26
Davy
Category Moderator
 
Davy's Avatar
Two Paypal returns threads are now merged.
Davy is offline  
31-01-2019, 11:06   #27
jamescd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,305
I already got the email that I've been approved for a refund. Took less than 24 hours
jamescd is offline  
(2) thanks from:
05-02-2019, 13:20   #28
keeponrockin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 526
This is awesome..thanks to a combination of cheap booze deals posted by the OP and too many turkey sandwiches and chocolates over the christmas my newly arrived Ireland rugby jersey posted from england doesnt fit..now i get to return it for free..Win/Win..Cheers OmegaGene
keeponrockin is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet