Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monitor Philips 24" (Full HD, IPS, 75 Hz, FreeSync) for €125 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Great stuff - have a One for All voucher and need a monitor so this might be perfect. They don't seem to take them online, so on to support to see if they can take payment manually somehow with OneforAll. Thanks for posting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Great stuff - have a One for All voucher and need a monitor so this might be perfect. They don't seem to take them online, so on to support to see if they can take payment manually somehow with OneforAll. Thanks for posting!

Let us know if they do allow that with the oneforall, I'm curious.

Can't buy online with One for All Voucher - their support team advised to pop in store and see if they can take payment for it there. If it's an item for collection only, they should be able to sell an "online Curry's voucher" which you can pay for with One for All. I might do that, but not sure how long that monitor will be on sale for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

living wrote: »
    I think it's a brilliant price for a monitor with those characteristics, I got one for myself.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/pc-monitors/pc-monitors/philips-246e9qjab-00-full-hd-23-8-led-monitor-black-silver-10181813-pdt.html

PS: It also comes with a 2 years guarantee

Nice monitor, got it myself too. Speakers are crap but that should really be a given and joystick input at back is a bit fiddly, minor issues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Thanks OP, I just picked one up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

nice monitor but need one with WiFi to network in house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

DERICKOO wrote: »
    nice monitor but need one with WiFi to network in house.

What purpose does WiFi serve on a monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

May be a stupid question, but could you connect a Mac laptop to this screen, to allow editing of photos etc? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

May be a stupid question, but could you connect a Mac laptop to this screen, to allow editing of photos etc? Thanks.

Yeah.

- HDMI (HDCP) x 1
    - VGA x 1
    - DisplayPort

• Registered Users Posts: 43 onetwofourthree

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

Decent price, wondering if there's a 4 k monitor,smallie has a PS4 pro looking to get the best gameplay possible ( display) for him ,I've a 9 year's old Philips TV 1080,good but could be better

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

How would this do for gaming on a PS4 in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭corks finest

JackCDSt wrote: »
    How would this do for gaming on a PS4 in your opinion?
    Do fine mate has similar,but 4k or nearest for my next purchase, FFS can't get near the TV most nights ( 1 TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

You are all welcome, glad to read that it was useful ðŸ‘

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thanks, OP, bought one. 23.8” is out of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Chefjom

reserve online for collection and pay in store with your one for all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thanks, OP, bought one. 23.8” is out of stock now

Seems to be back in stock today. Thanks again OP

Chefjom wrote: »
    reserve online for collection and pay in store with your one for all

Collection not available online, delivery only. I bought one too, so thanks OP. For what it's worth to use the One for All voucher, I needed to go in store and order from the counter for delivery to the store for collection. Support were no help at all - said I'd only be able to order in store if it was in stock at that store.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Monitor looks great, thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Out of stock again ,seems a good deal though particularly if you have an AMD graphics card.

• Advertisement

Got mine set up last night and was using today for work at home. Lovely monitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I heard gaming wasn't the best on this. Though I'd mainly be using it for work. Is it still a good buy? Hoping to use it with a laptop for work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

€160 now and out of stock

beauf wrote: »
    I heard gaming wasn't the best on this. Though I'd mainly be using it for work. Is it still a good buy? Hoping to use it with a laptop for work?

For what it's worth, I'm using for work as my main screen attached to a laptop. I've nothing really to compare it to, but I've used monitors every day for the last 15 years and it seems like a great buy to me.

Advertisement