Post Reply  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
28-01-2021, 12:36   #1
worlds goodest teecher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 840
BIM/Cad viewer?

Are there any free BIM viewers and DWG viewers out there?

In terms of BIM has anyone used Dalux? I am not trying to manipulate drawings, I am only trying to observe the details on the structure makeup.

In relation to DWG drawings I wish to calculate areas/lengths/etc.

I have thought about using Bluebeam Revu, it does more than I need so I am just wondering about the viewers.
worlds goodest teecher is offline  
Advertisement
01-02-2021, 08:19   #2
ManÓg84
Registered User
 
ManÓg84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by worlds goodest teecher View Post
Are there any free BIM viewers and DWG viewers out there?

In terms of BIM has anyone used Dalux? I am not trying to manipulate drawings, I am only trying to observe the details on the structure makeup.

In relation to DWG drawings I wish to calculate areas/lengths/etc.

I have thought about using Bluebeam Revu, it does more than I need so I am just wondering about the viewers.
Autodesk free viewer for Cad https://viewer.autodesk.com/

Navis works freedom viewer for BIM 3D models
https://www.autodesk.eu/products/nav...CED&quantity=1
ManÓg84 is offline  
Thanks from:
01-02-2021, 09:25   #3
worlds goodest teecher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManÓg84 View Post
Autodesk free viewer for Cad https://viewer.autodesk.com/

Navis works freedom viewer for BIM 3D models
https://www.autodesk.eu/products/nav...CED&quantity=1
Yeah, I found Autodesk Navisworks Freedom over the weekend for rvt files.
Also found Autodesk Design Review and Autodesk TrueView downloads, for dwg drawings, on the Autodesk website. Haven't had a chance to text yet.
worlds goodest teecher is offline  
13-02-2021, 09:43   #4
The Mighty Quinn
Registered User
 
The Mighty Quinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 521
TrueView is very handy really, you can open and take measurements from autocad files.
If you're looking for a viewer for structural models, Navisworks Freedom is always good, but would also recommend BIM Vision. I'd use that a lot to look at IFC file types from steel fabricators for building frames.
The Mighty Quinn is offline  
13-02-2021, 21:06   #5
worlds goodest teecher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 840
Now another question.

Most house drawings come to use in pdf format. We need to obtain measurements. Bluebeam would allow use to do that but it does a lot more than we would need. I found this on Adobe today, has anyone use it?

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/acrobat/u...ents-pdfs.html

I know it is not compatible with BIM drawings like .rvt, but I need to measure plans sent in .dwg and pdf as well
worlds goodest teecher is offline  
Advertisement
15-02-2021, 08:10   #6
ManÓg84
Registered User
 
ManÓg84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 31
I use pdf xchange editor or the pro edition for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worlds goodest teecher View Post
Now another question.

Most house drawings come to use in pdf format. We need to obtain measurements. Bluebeam would allow use to do that but it does a lot more than we would need. I found this on Adobe today, has anyone use it?

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/acrobat/u...ents-pdfs.html

I know it is not compatible with BIM drawings like .rvt, but I need to measure plans sent in .dwg and pdf as well
ManÓg84 is offline  
17-02-2021, 11:59   #7
worlds goodest teecher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManÓg84 View Post
I use pdf xchange editor or the pro edition for this.
I have been trying this out this morning but having a great deal of difficulty. Program keeps freezing on me making it very difficult to use. The more measurements that I take the more it freezes.
worlds goodest teecher is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet