17-12-2013, 14:24   #61
wingnut32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePeatrick View Post
So far it has been the vendors that have been great at bringing actions, and it is the vendors who should continue to bring actions. it is perfectly obvious that there is some form of regulation going to come down the line here at some stage and the people most concerned by this are the vendors. I just feel it is a bit of a cheap shot hitting the consumer for donations when anyone can see that what was a small cottage industry is now much much more than that.

If I was starting an organisation like this though, Ireland would be my first port of call, where else would you get as gullible and as compliant a nation in the EU?

Yes Sir, Yes Sir, three bags full.......Sir......
Without Vendors there are no vapers. You have made your feeling clear about this already, nobody is twisting your arm to join. All of us need to stand together vendors and vapers alike, especially when we are living in a country that has NO organisation to go to for help.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
17-12-2013, 14:29   #62
dePeatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut32 View Post
Without Vendors there are no vapers. You have made your feeling clear about this already, nobody is twisting your arm to join. All of us need to stand together vendors and vapers alike, especially when we are living in a country that has NO organisation to go to for help.
I disagree completely, without Vapers there are no vendors, you have not addressed my concerns about transparency and accountability of monies donated...please do.
17-12-2013, 14:37   #63
iba

Quote:
Folks,

full address will be changed to optional, email and country will be required for when changes take place today. Please do not let this put you off registering for this.

Cheers

Paul.
Paul,

Can we get rid of teh phone number requirment too please?

Thanks
17-12-2013, 14:38   #64
wingnut32

Patrick it is a two way street we both need each other, but we also need something for everyone to get behind.

Regarding the accounts there is an email address on the VWO website. Please send your queries to this email address and the Secretary will only be to happy to answer your questions.
17-12-2013, 14:52   #65
dePeatrick

Quote:
Patrick it is a two way street we both need each other, but we also need something for everyone to get behind.

Regarding the accounts there is an email address on the VWO website. Please send your queries to this email address and the Secretary will only be to happy to answer your questions.
No, it is not a two way street, demand always precedes supply, unless you are a marketing guy who always believe the opposite....

Why on earth should I have to mail you to get an answer on transparency and accountability? Do you not see that outrageous paradox in your logic?
Advertisement
17-12-2013, 15:04   #66
StickyIcky

Jaysus dePatrick

I agree it would be good if the spendings of the donations etc were published on the WVO site. It would certainly help people see where their donations are going.

But at the end of the day, you say you're not interested in fighting this one as you're getting too old, you don't like the idea of WVO and would prefer the resistance stayed the way it was etc.

So why do you really give a fup? It's like you're more interested right now in fighting against the idea of a WVO but you said before something along the lines that you're too old for this ****e now and you just let everyone else get on with it as long as they leave you alone.

I'd ask you would you be so kind to extend the same courtesy here and leave us to it in that case?

Unless you're saying now that you want to be part of it / us then that's a different story. Help us with suggestions to try and make things better with a positive attitude rather than a negative one.
Thanks from:
17-12-2013, 15:05   #67
mewso

Quote:
Folks,

full address will be changed to optional, email and country will be required for when changes take place today. Please do not let this put you off registering for this.

Cheers

Paul.
Paul you may want to have another word with him. If you absolutely must request sensitive data like address and phone number then you should be using https. Until the site does use https I would strongly recommend people only submit their email and country. I support the organisation but you don't want the first job of your laywers to be defending the collecting of personal data over the web in an unsecured manner.
(4) thanks from:
17-12-2013, 15:09   #68
dePeatrick

Relax Sticky, this is me having a conversation, you have not seen me fighting.. ..not by a long shot...

The questions I am asking are valid and should be addressed and should be done right now at the start.
17-12-2013, 15:13   #69
StickyIcky

Not saying your fighting dePartrick just that I would prefer a more positive approach with your questions / suggestions.

"Why on earth should I have to mail you to get an answer on transparency and accountability? Do you not see that outrageous paradox in your logic?"

I would think saying something like Wingnut wouldn't it be better to have a page showing how much you've had in donations so far and what those donations have been spent on for everyone to see? This would give a much better image of transparency for WVO. What do you think about this Wingnut?

Ya know? That's what I'm saying.

Mewso - good stuff on picking that up mate. Hopefully Wingnuts picks this message up soon and get's it over to the WVO webmaster.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-12-2013, 15:19   #70
dePeatrick

Am not too impressed with my real name being used either, very sloppy tbh....could not gave a damm about it really, as there is nothing I would write on here that I would not shout out on the street.....but sloppy for someone selling a World Organisation....
17-12-2013, 15:29   #71
wingnut32

Mewso that is a very valid point and in my brief conversation with Georgio they were bringing in more people to help with the site (disclaimers etc.)

It has been a massive undertaking so far and the response has exceeded everyone's expectations in such a short space of time. As I said it is rough around the edges, but with the continued support at this rate all of the issues will be ironed out very shortly.

Any other suggestions are welcome and each one will be taken onboard. I will try and update this forum with information as soon as it comes to me.

Cheers for the support so far everybody!!
17-12-2013, 15:37   #72
StickyIcky

recommendation - remove the "read more..." link from the home page. Why not just have all the information clear to see without having to click a button to reveal it all? I don't get it.

Also the our friends in Germany banner on the left is a bit distracting and confusing.... I would have our friends on a separate page, not the home page.

The over all design of the site is a bit out dated already. The find WVO on facebook and esp the twitter button aren't the clearest or best choice of font and colour. The list goes on but those are some of the main things
(2) thanks from:
18-12-2013, 21:07   #73
wingnut32

Big Phil is behind us

http://tasteyourjuice.com/.../the-wo...-organisation/
(2) thanks from:
18-12-2013, 21:41   #74
StickyIcky

Quote:
Fix that link wingnuts?

Right now it's just taking me here http://tasteyourjuice.com/.../the-wo...-organisation/ which has an error message.

The problem is that /.../ part

edit: Found the working link

http://tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/...-organisation/
18-12-2013, 21:45   #75

Thought it was Phil Hogan you were talking about first ha ha
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text