16-12-2013, 10:01   #31
Wiggy

Tried to register, but nothing happens.
Is it incompatible with Internet Explorer 10?
Advertisement
16-12-2013, 10:19   #32
dePeatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut32 View Post
I have to put this laptop down now as my eyes are watering after 11 hours..lol. I just wanted to say a big thanks to all the vapers who have signed up and donated it really has been incredible.

Im sure some have you have gotten comments from people about how ecigs are worse than cigarettes, and that they are bad for you etc. These comments have come from people that have been misinformed by bogus articles/reports in the media. This organisation is going to stop the bogus brown envelope media crap and hold people accountable for what they say through the media. We have a voice and it will be heard.

This country has had nothing like this before and with your help we will put Ireland on the map, defend your right for a healthy alternative.
I too had to put the laptop down as had been writing all day too Yes of course I have seen the reactions of some people to vaping and how surprisingly hostile a very small percentage are to it. I think it is very good that someone has eventually decided to do something about organising vapers.

You will get much harder criticism than I can give you and you have to be prepared for it. Transparency is of the utmost importance with this. Every piece of financial information should and must be published on the Internet

It is very important to understand that the Public are sick to death of organisations that swallow up public money and feather their own nests. In order to make this work you have to tackle that perception and turn it to the WVOs benefit by clarifying right from the start exactly how accountable and transparent it is going to be.
16-12-2013, 11:08   #33
Vaperus

I have said a few times before that everybody needs to be working together on this regardless of any pass friction.
1 Big group will always have more clout than a few small ones
This could be a step in the right direction and great work getting it started
16-12-2013, 13:30   #34
EGriff

Shouldn't the mafacturers be kicking in the vast majority of the money to this thing, innokin, joyetech, kanger ect? They are the ones making the big money after all. Asking for donations to set up what is basically a lobbying/PR group seems odd to me.
Thanks from:
16-12-2013, 19:22   #35
tommy2bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGriff View Post
Shouldn't the mafacturers be kicking in the vast majority of the money to this thing, innokin, joyetech, kanger ect? They are the ones making the big money after all. Asking for donations to set up what is basically a lobbying/PR group seems odd to me.
Well yes it's a lobbying group but to lobby on behalf of the end users not the manufactures or vendors. Look who instigated this, small vendors and producers, not the BT sellers. This is closer to the organic growers groups than to Forrest, it seem to me. And who knows if this gets big enough the big players might join in.
At some stage vaping will surpass smoking or die out as a passing fad. I suspect the former and a group of mainly artisan and hobbyists representing users is better than BAT fighting our corner.
Advertisement
16-12-2013, 19:26   #36
dePeatrick

I think vaping will pass out smoking, and will itself die a death as there are no new takers....end of an era.....but maybe a fitting way for tobacco to die after all....overtaken by technology......
Thanks from:
16-12-2013, 20:40   #37
StickyIcky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePeatrick View Post
So for every three vapers there is one vendor......seems very vendor driven to me...and not to forget click that button and give a euro to a "non profit org" where have we heard that before? And why just one vendor pushing this....where is bestshop, Vaperus etc.....???
I'm all for vendors getting together and starting something and helping to grow the numbers by reaching out to their mailing lists and letting all their customers know about it. In the end I believe that power = numbers and also funds. In order for this to work we need the help of every vaper who wants to see vaping remaining essentially unchanged AND we need the help of vendors and manufacturers and any one else who is willing to help pitch in funding / donations for when the time comes that we as an organisation may need to take these facists to back to court. God forbid it ever happens, but if it does I want the WVO to be as strong as possible. That means vapers AND vendors.

Who cares who started it or who's driving it as long as the aim is to keep things basically the way they are now.

edit: like someone else said earlier I have also gotten emails off a number of vendors to make me aware of it.

edit edit: an organisation can be non-profit and ask for donations too to help with costs of growing the organisation, publicity and solicitors cost a shed load. No one has to donate but the people that do will be helping the organisation to insure that vaping has a greater chance of not being overrun by a bunch of twats in the EU that want to see it squashed.

Last edited by StickyIcky; 16-12-2013 at 20:46.
16-12-2013, 20:42   #38
StickyIcky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
Tried to register, but nothing happens.
Is it incompatible with Internet Explorer 10?
I think there was an issue with registrations but it's back up and running again now Wiggy.
Thanks from:
16-12-2013, 20:43   #39
StickyIcky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dePeatrick View Post
I took it that the concept...if it is a concept, is that it was driven by vapers, not by companies.....seems to be very company friendly to me tbh....an army of PR people, accountants, solicitors......
I'd be quite happy to have an army of PR and solicitors behind us on this one
Advertisement
16-12-2013, 20:56   #40
tommy2bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyIcky View Post
I'd be quite happy to have an army of PR and solicitors behind us on this one
Oh absolutely! what we need most is media savie people to represent us. Next we need credible health professionals to support our cause and then some legal people who can work on the court cases that will be needed if the TPD goes through as leaked. Though that remains to be seen, it looks like a removal of ecigs is possible. We will need the legal end more if this comes down to individual member states regulating them piecemeal. Their will be a lot of individual battles to be fought.
Thanks from:
16-12-2013, 21:20   #41
StickyIcky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy2bad View Post
Oh absolutely! what we need most is media savie people to represent us. Next we need credible health professionals to support our cause and then some legal people who can work on the court cases that will be needed if the TPD goes through as leaked. Though that remains to be seen, it looks like a removal of ecigs is possible. We will need the legal end more if this comes down to individual member states regulating them piecemeal. Their will be a lot of individual battles to be fought.
Absolutely Tommy, agree with you 100% here.

I'm not sure who the core founders of the WVO are planning to handle things as the come up or what needs to be done next etc, but I think your ideas of getting credible health professionals, a list of them, their contacts etc together is a big one. Then legal people too. This is a bit like project management in a way and I think that organisations work best when there are people who are strongest suited.

The only health professional I know of is a dentist but I'm sure I could get him on our side. I'll talk to him and see what he says. Anyone else got any other people they can think of here that could join the cause? Medical professionals, PR people, legal type peoples?
17-12-2013, 10:27   #42
iba

Was going to sign up but I did not like the request to submit:

1)Full Name

2)Address with Country

3)Telephone Number

These details seem superfluous to me.

So sorry Wingnuts, I am out or rather not in.

Regards
17-12-2013, 10:31   #43
Vaperus

Quote:
Originally Posted by iba View Post
Was going to sign up but I did not like the request to submit:

1)Full Name

2)Address with Country

3)Telephone Number

These details seem superfluous to me.

So sorry Wingnuts, I am out or rather not in.

Regards
They need to be able to keep in touch with you for updates etc
17-12-2013, 10:45   #44
StickyIcky

This is true Wingnuts if you're going to ask for peoples details make them non compulsory (and make it clear it's non compulsory) and if they are compulsory and it's not obvious explain why.

The same goes for eCommerce checkout processes. If you ask for a persons phone number when you already have their email address they're going to think “Look, why do they need my phone number? What do they need that for? They don’t need it!”

The fact is people don't like giving out personal on the internet and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that hundreds more people were not signing up because of the point that iba brought up.
Thanks from:
17-12-2013, 10:46   #45
iba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaperus View Post
They need to be able to keep in touch with you for updates etc

Vaperous,

Are they going to post a letter to me, email me, phone me and send me a text?

Email would suffice surely.

Regards
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion