16-04-2012, 14:26   #46
newmark

Throathit Twin 18650 Variable Mod (Quick Review)

I received my Throathit Twin 18650 variable mod this morning from Throathit on UKvapers http://ukvapers.com/topic/4828-throa...-variable-mod/

I knew it was good from researching it and looking at reviews but seriously this is an unbelievable piece of kit and I would recommend it to anyone. It feels so solid to hold and you can tell it was made with a lot of love.

It gives between 3V and 5.8V using the dial knob on top. The performance is excellent and it gives the voltage reading under load while vaping with the button pushed in, you just need to look down on the meter as you are vaping to see the indicator.

I've already tried it with a 1.5 ohm dual coil carto with tank at 4v with tobacco flavoured e-liquid and the throathit vapour and flavour are all great. I also tried it with a 3.0hm boge and a nice vanila/chocolate e-liquid at 4.5V with tank and it just performs brilliantly, the most satisfaction I've got since I started vaping.

It comes with 2 AW IMR 18650 batterys inside the bombproof case and just needs to be plugged in like a mobile phone to be charged. Going on other reviews I'm sure it will only need to be charged every 2 or 3 days and it can be used while in charging mode also.

I'm not going to say anything about the safety features as its all in the link above if anyone wants to know other than it does have a lot of protection built into it.

Here's a picture of it, I asked Throathit to change the usual red button to black and I also got him to relocate the 510 connection so I'd be able to use a tank on it.

[img][/img]
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-04-2012, 15:11   #47
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

having to physically restrain myself from pm'ing throathit right now.. it looks pretty great
and not having to change batteries two or three times a day.. dear god, it sounds like heaven

--edit

just pm'd him. christ I hope it isn't ready the same week as my RTA or i'm screwed.

Last edited by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar; 16-04-2012 at 15:41.
16-04-2012, 15:56   #48
derra

Send a message via MSN to derra
Great buy newmark, very rarely see them for sale on UKVapers.

I'd say it's a beast
16-04-2012, 16:47   #49
newmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post

having to physically restrain myself from pm'ing throathit right now.. it looks pretty great
and not having to change batteries two or three times a day.. dear god, it sounds like heaven

--edit

just pm'd him. christ I hope it isn't ready the same week as my RTA or i'm screwed.
Lol.. I knew you would order one, what can I say only you wont regret it and you will see what I mean when it arrives.
16-04-2012, 16:50   #50
newmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by derra View Post
Great buy newmark, very rarely see them for sale on UKVapers.

I'd say it's a beast
It is, it just needs a nice shiny RTA on it now
Advertisement
16-04-2012, 17:07   #51
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

yeah, i pretty much constantly have 1 battery on charge for the LT and while it's not that big an issue it is kind of annoying. although now that I have the rda and i'm making low ohm coils, I can drop the LT voltage down to under 4v and the battery life is improving. vaping boge 3ohm's at 5v I'd have just about reached the point where I want to change batteries when the green light on my charger would pop on, since I have the rda and am dropping voltages a bit I've been able to just unplug the charger when it goes green and leave it there for a few hours before I need to change.

also, i asked for a gunmetal finish on the throathit.. someone on the ukvapers thread put up a pic of theirs done gunmetal and it looks the ****ing business
16-04-2012, 18:01   #52
newmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Digby Chicken Caesar View Post
yeah, i pretty much constantly have 1 battery on charge for the LT and while it's not that big an issue it is kind of annoying. although now that I have the rda and i'm making low ohm coils, I can drop the LT voltage down to under 4v and the battery life is improving. vaping boge 3ohm's at 5v I'd have just about reached the point where I want to change batteries when the green light on my charger would pop on, since I have the rda and am dropping voltages a bit I've been able to just unplug the charger when it goes green and leave it there for a few hours before I need to change.

also, i asked for a gunmetal finish on the throathit.. someone on the ukvapers thread put up a pic of theirs done gunmetal and it looks the ****ing business
I seen that gunmetal one alright its a beauty it will be the business with your rta/rda. He also gives the option of posting him the spray of any colour u like and he will spray it.
16-04-2012, 19:51   #53
derra

Send a message via MSN to derra
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark View Post
It is, it just needs a nice shiny RTA on it now

No messing around with you anyway.

Bulli a2 is well worth considering too, plenty of sites to read up on both of them.
pros and cons to each of them.
16-04-2012, 21:23   #54
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

jesus, i was expecting a big backlog.. he said he could have mine finished by the end of the week and shipped out to be by monday at the latest

105 sterling inc fast shipping to Ireland (a tenner extra for the gunmetal point job). it means I'll have to skip one of my dentist appointments in the coming weeks but new toys are always awesome.
Advertisement
16-04-2012, 21:33   #55
newmark

Same price as me so ur going for car charger as well then its 12 sterling less without that. Well ur teeth are probably all the better for not smoking anyway so it will be grand lol..
16-04-2012, 21:38   #56
achieve

Quote:
Lol.. I knew you would order one, what can I say only you wont regret it and you will see what I mean when it arrives.
Guys, for years now new technology has usually meant devices getting smaller, but not in this case. It may work very well, but looks ridiculous IMO It's like one of old brick mobile phones
16-04-2012, 21:39   #57
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

nah, no car charger but the gunmetal paint is an extra tenner so it all works out the same as yours that way I guess

guess Ill have to get some 1.5ohm dual coils to try them out properly at a high voltage
16-04-2012, 21:40   #58
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieve View Post
Guys, for years now new technology has usually meant devices getting smaller, but not in this case. It may work very well, but looks ridiculous IMO It's like one of old brick mobile phones
yeah but the lavatube/provaris are also pretty damn big to be taking out and about

this at least, while being pretty big looking will last for 1.5-2 days on a charge with heavy use which is just incredible when you're used to recharging the lavatube batts every 5-6 hours
16-04-2012, 21:55   #59
newmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieve View Post
Quote:
Personally i go for performance and safety before looks and this performs and is extremely safe, its probably one of the safest mods built. It is also only the same size as a 20 box of cigarettes so couldnt look any more ridiculous than we all did for years with ciggies. But honestly I love the look of this mod as well and at least it doesn,t look like a vibrator like some other shiny mods, its like eliquid everyone has different taste :-)
16-04-2012, 22:08   #60
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
Banned

that was always my fear about getting a provari.. the obvious dildo jokes that were sure to come in the pub

at least now that I have a multimeter and will soon have the throathit, I wont need to get a provari

so in a very important way, I'm saving money

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion