06-07-2013, 17:26   #46
redkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillian72 View Post
Hi Everyone! I am a 41 year old female from Dublin. I'm on my 4th day off the cigs! I've been vaping the last 4 days and I've been really enjoying it. I was a smoker for 26 years and I'm delighted that I've quit at last!

I bought my e-cig from an Irish site. I got a started kit. Inside was 2 eGo K, 2 tanks a charger and a case. I got the whole lot for €42 which seems like good value. Then yesterday I got 2 Kanger MT3 tanks and I'm really liking those!

Vaping is really new to me, its kind'a hard starting off. There are so many different things with different names. It can get very confusing. I am delighted to have found this thread! I'm gonna sit back now and read it from start to finish. Its really handy to have all this info in the same place.

I'm really interested in reading more about Mods. They look amazing, but they seem madly expensive! I saw one that cost €300 when you added up all the bits that go with it. I wanna learn about voltage. I don't understand what differance volatage makes to vaping? I'm guessing it makes a big difference otherwise people wouldn't spend so much money on Mods.

For now I am happy with my eGo, but I know that in time i will want to upgrade. I'm gonna sit back, vap and read every inch of this thread!

I'm sure I'll get to talk to some of you soon! Later Gator!

Welcome, there are very good mods out there much cheaper than that but all the info you need is already posted.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
26-08-2013, 07:09   #47
jerrysmith111

I am also new to this but frankly speaking your FAQ's has really solved many of my query and overall its a nice informative post for beginner as well as regular user........
Thanks from:
27-11-2013, 18:42   #48
dermotme

Some more handy Vaping links
Vapefest Ireland
No Smokes - Ireland Page
HSE's E-cig Regulation
Cigarettelovers
E-Cigarette Reviews
02-12-2013, 21:26   #49
marnie d

Sorry if this has been asked here already, I posted this in the after hours thread, but still haven't gotten a reply:

Quote:
Everyone is recommending this one: http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm
I don't know what to pick from the menu options, of which type to get (Aspire Maxi, iClear16, or Protank Mini 2), I don't understand what the difference is. I really want to try out vaping, I'm hearing all this good about it.
I'd be very grateful for any tips, on the difference between them, or which is the best.
02-12-2013, 21:52   #50
dePeatrick

Hard to beat the miniprotank 2 tbh.....a bit dearer but a way better device, stainless steel, glass, and replaceable heads, or rebuild them, whatever takes your fancy.....

I chose the evod tank and a miniprotank with that kit, good buy, don't use the evod much anymore but use the Protank everyday.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-12-2013, 20:57   #51
dePeatrick

Have to add to this, I thought the miniprotank II was Stainless steel but it is chromed brass instead, would prefer if it was S.S. The chroming on the brass is good quality and no signs of wear and tear on it at all on the inside, the outside will wear with time as mine is, does not matter much tbh, will go to work on it and make it all brass.

I will keep an eye on the inside though, just in case. I don't use any juices that would be considered corrosive but have read about some who have on chromed brass devices and run into some problems with chrome stripping and green gunge/bad taste forming.....
28-03-2014, 04:08   #52
andmc

Saw today that a child/infant was hospitalised after the use of an E-cig. Have been described as 'poisonous even in small doses to children' by doctors. Parents be careful and keep them out of sight!
28-03-2014, 04:28   #53
csi vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andmc View Post
Saw today that a child/infant was hospitalised after the use of an E-cig. Have been described as 'poisonous even in small doses to children' by doctors. Parents be careful and keep them out of sight!
This is all they (the anti arguers) were waiting on. But will be a weak arguement against as there was a child/ren 'poisoned' by popping a washing capsule not too long ago in the UK I think. Lobby against Persil? Have it outlawed and strictly controlled by the EU?
Nothing is safe from children, not even their baby shampoo!
(2) thanks from:
28-03-2014, 06:16   #54
andmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by csi vegas View Post
This is all they (the anti arguers) were waiting on. But will be a weak arguement against as there was a child/ren 'poisoned' by popping a washing capsule not too long ago in the UK I think. Lobby against Persil? Have it outlawed and strictly controlled by the EU?
Nothing is safe from children, not even their baby shampoo!
Never said anything about lobbying or being anti. Just the type of thing you might leave on a coffee table or something and to warn parents. Cannot argue with that
Advertisement
31-03-2014, 02:46   #55
csi vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by andmc View Post
Never said anything about lobbying or being anti. Just the type of thing you might leave on a coffee table or something and to warn parents. Cannot argue with that
Oh no, never meant you as an anti or anything! Apols if offended! Was speaking in a general vein - an incident like Cork is something they love to propogate on.
09-09-2014, 16:03   #56
Taajsgpm
Banned

Quitting

I really like e cigs, If I run out of juice will I run out and buy a pack of cigarettes?
09-09-2014, 16:21   #57
grindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taajsgpm View Post
I really like e cigs, If I run out of juice will I run out and buy a pack of cigarettes?
Possibly. The further away you are from the switch the less likely it is.

There's an easy fix - never run out of supplies.
Thanks from:
09-09-2014, 21:44   #58
tommy2bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taajsgpm View Post
Nah, you can get juice as easly as cigs in most places now. Maybe not in small village though my local has vivid juice and kits (I live in the back of beyond, 1 pub, 1 shop and a creamery. Their might be a school and church, don't have any kids so not bothered) .
And if you do sure what harm, get more juice and give the remaining fags away.
Thanks from:
10-09-2014, 01:00   #59
EGriff

A lot of petrol stations stock juice now too, the maxol near me has vaping dog liquid.
02-11-2014, 05:36   #60
youdipstick

New: Coil building youtube video from Rip Trippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBpw...oQry9KDGlddSBg

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size