Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weds 13th / Thurs 14th Nov 2019: Rainfall warning with Snow and spot flood risk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Will Dublin mountains see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

catrat12 wrote: »
    Will Dublin mountains see anything

Tops of 2 and 3 Rock. Around the Hellfire and Kilikee Road. Kippure Mountain Area. Sallys Gap. Into Wicklow higher ground.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM showing a big dump of snow in Wicklow as the Low pivots and the front moves back down the country . A basic map below but can be a useful guide, could also get a wintry mix of sleet or perhaps some snow for a time in parts of Dublin, Kildare, perhaps Carlow and maybe parts of Wexford , Laois and Kilkenny.

LxvyofD.gif

l92lD8j.png

9BY0MqY.png

RYVXaRQ.png

k8Xto2g.png

73zyFoT.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Translates to a lot of water over 24 hrs according to the ECM

LxV3bBi.png

Tops of 2 and 3 Rock. Around the Hellfire and Kilikee Road. Kippure Mountain Area. Sallys Gap. Into Wicklow higher ground.

So nothing really for Glencullen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

catrat12 wrote: »
    So nothing really for Glencullen

It's high enough. You could see some Snow.

It's high enough. You could see some Snow.

Hopefully we all get some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Kutebride

ECM showing a big dump of snow in Wicklow as the Low pivots and the front moves back down the country . A basic map below but can be a useful guide, could also get a wintry mix of sleet or perhaps some snow for a time in parts of Dublin, Kildare, perhaps Carlow and maybe parts of Wexford , Laois and Kilkenny.

The poor in laws 😬 no like the snow

Temp behind the front set to rise for a time and drop again later towards Thurs morning so not giving much chance for anything settling for long lower down.

Qc42hcD.png

XDIm5nC.png

1xjaJXz.png

hUEkXmW.png

VQh3FBz.png

p7bLN3U.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Things have upgraded a bit again for tomorrow.
    I like the chances for the southwest which stays colder for longer.
    There's a band of showers spreading down over Kerry/Limerick and Cork through the afternoon that could well produce.
    Forget widespread lowland snow but if you go to higher ground you should see some wintry stuff falling. Millstreet hills looks like a sweet spot

• Advertisement

Things have upgraded a bit again for tomorrow.
    I like the chances for the southwest which stays colder for longer.
    There's a band of showers spreading down over Kerry/Limerick and Cork through the afternoon that could well produce.
    Forget widespread lowland snow but if you go to higher ground you should see some wintry stuff falling. Millstreet hills looks like a sweet spot

EURO 4 a bit out on its own showing some heavy wintry falls in the SW early in the day but doesn't give anything for the E.

County bounds could be tricky tomorrow.

euro4_uk1-46-26-0_jfk3.png

euro4_uk1-37-25-0_otk1.png

hirlamuk-45-37-0_xnt5.png

nmmuk-26-36-0_zlb0.png

aromehd-45-37-0_cbx4.png

I hadn't seen Euro 4 but if you look at the micro detail gfs also shows the same for Southwest. In fact contrary to Met Eireann are saying the coldest air is over the southwest between midday and 6pm tomorrow. In my view that's the best chance not tomorrow night as uppers increase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Snow on the Kerry Reeks this morning :)

18z gfs keeps the interest going, in fact it's a slight upgrade again. The Midlands and South remain on snow watch and the sweet spot could well see a fair bit

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KingJeremy

If there is to be any snow when should we expect it? Wednesday night/early Thursday morning? I’m in south-east Galway and not a particularly high elevation so I’m not expecting anything of night (but hope springs eternal!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,434 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

RYVXaRQ.png

Posters in Naas right now ;)

xJZh0i.gif

Nowcast tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Posters in Naas right now ;)

xJZh0i.gif

Nowcast tomorrow.

7-F6-A26-DA-D686-439-C-BD12-9-D102201-FDEA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

Without intending to get too pedantic, Tibradden Mountain is actually higher than 3 Rock. Its like the forgotten mountain of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Snow on the Kerry Reeks this morning :)

A lovely sight as I well remember... Not light yet so I have yet to inspect Mayo.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ME forecast a bit more definite this morning...

....rain spreading to most areas later today. Top temperatures 4 to 8 degrees. Some of the rain will turn to sleet and snow in Munster and Leinster, mainly later this afternoon and evening.

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    ME forecast a bit more definite this morning...

....rain spreading to most areas later today. Top temperatures 4 to 8 degrees. Some of the rain will turn to sleet and snow in Munster and Leinster, mainly later this afternoon and evening.

We certainly have rain; hard, loud, heavy. west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Won’t be anything more then sleet at least in cork city, weather says about 6 degrees today and down to about 3/4 tonight.

It is currently showery though, cold rain!

If anybody does get snow please send pictures! They are always lovely to look at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Sleet in Arklow
    3.1c

Dew point 0c
    Wet bulb 2.2c

Heavy rain in Tralee with sleet in it, very heavy embedded wintry shower of hail, sleet and rain a short time ago dropped some amount of precipitation. Very dark with street lights coming on again.

Looks mostly sleet with wet snow on high ground. Main interest this afternoon / early evening to see how wintry it gets and if it snows for a while. ECM has brought snow chances a bit further S and into the SE. Not showing as much in Wicklow but still possibly could get 5 to 10cm on the mountains. Will see.

Heavy rain in Tralee with sleet in it, very heavy embedded wintry shower of hail, sleet and rain a short time ago dropped some amount of precipitation. Very dark with street lights coming on again.

Looks mostly sleet with wet snow on high ground. Main interest this afternoon / early evening to see how wintry it gets and if it snows for a while. ECM has brought snow chances a bit further S and into the SE. Not showing as much in Wicklow but still possibly could get 5 to 10cm on the mountains. Will see.

Currently 3.3c dew point now 0.7c in Arklow with bits of drizzle
    Had sleet earlier
    There has been snow falling to about 600ft locally inland already
    Though its brightening up now
    I was not expecting that tbh,so the day ahead could spring surprises

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

From met.ie

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Carlow, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Wicklow, Offaly and Tipperary

A spell of heavy rain is likely to lead to some spot flooding and will turn to sleet and snow in places later today.

Valid: Wednesday 13 November 2019 14:00 to Thursday 14 November 2019 02:00

Issued: Wednesday 13 November 2019 07:00

The heavy rain here in West Mayo has not paused in well over two hours now.

Very sunny here now!
    Fees colder than windy yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,872 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cold n drizzly in Sligo 5c

Theres sleet in some of the rain as it hits windscreen but 90 per cent rain. Id say if I was driving out Highwood direction near Geevagh thered be a better chance of snow.

Fun to see met eireann forecast snow. Wonder if media are afraid to say too much after Lorenzo or will Virgin Media have a reporter attop Kippure, Neiphen and Carrantuhil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭highdef

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Very sunny here now!

"Very sunny" reads as blue skies in all directions. Is it really that clear down there in Costas??? :P

I could be wrong but the visible satellite imagery shows a hole in the cloud layer moving over the Arklow area but it's moving fairly quick. I could only picture a temporary large gap in cloud cover rather a clear sky.

Either way, I'm still jealous that you're getting to see the sun.

Advertisement