Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*REHOMING thread* (Once off requests only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

cosnochta wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that we are still on the lookout. We have registered our details with the DSPCA and Catsaid and they are on the lookout for us. Are there any other Dublin-based rescues that I could try? Or does anyone know of a female long-haired kitten that is in need of a home.
    Thanks!

You can call Marie O'Byrne from the North County Dublin SPCA - she might have a long hair female cat for you. Her nr is: 01 8375630

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

This kitten has been in my back garden for two weeks now. (Sligo town) I know you're not supposed to feed strays. Eek. But, he's very cute, as you can see- looks like a Sylvester kitty with his markings. He's long haired and very soft.

He let me pet him, finally, and I can feel his hair is matted in two spots and you can feel his spine/ribs, so he's not been eating well. He needs a wash and some affection.

I think if someone adopts him soon he'll make a very handsome companion. I should say, I don't know if this is a boy or a girl kitty!

My own two cats have no interest in letting him inside at all. Lots of hissing ensues.

Can anyone give this kitten a home?

3974020397_74146abf3c.jpg

3974788064_4772426683.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭roxiesmammy

i am looking to give a home to 1 pos 2 kittens or young cats. Would love to home a tortie or calico. I have 2 cats at the moment who are mostly indoors only go out to toilet than straight back in. I live in the laois area if anyone knows of any.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Three kittens looking for a home. They are approx. 2 months old and are still with the mummy. If anyone thinks they can offer a home to one or more of these.. .
    PM me if you need the contact number!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

4 x 10 week old kittens that are in need of a good loving home. These Kittens are semi feral and have been living in our garden for the last couple of week.
    These kittens are in New Ross

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

I have two kittens, a brother and sister, boy is white with grey spolges and sister is white with black sploges. Both have their first vac been started on a course of worming and have full vet checks. They are litter trained and eat dry food and drink water. I am willing to travel anywhere in the country for the righ thome for these two guys. Lots of energy and very sweet when they settle!

Jules wrote: »
    I have two kittens, a brother and sister, boy is white with grey spolges and sister is white with black sploges. Both have their first vac been started on a course of worming and have full vet checks. They are litter trained and eat dry food and drink water. I am willing to travel anywhere in the country for the righ thome for these two guys. Lots of energy and very sweet when they settle!
    I would be interested in giving these 2 a home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 headaball21

Hi there

We have a white german shepherd as a pet and were looking for a new home for him.
    Theres a baby coming into the house and we have no more room for him. Hes a brilliant pet, very obediant, not hyper, friendly to other dogs and kids, and is a brilliant watch dog!
    Hes perfect however he has a probem with his pancreas and needs to take enzyme supplements with each meal. He requires a low fat highly digestable diet, things like boiled chicken, potatoes and veg, We buy him low fat highly digestable royal canin dry food, this can be costly but there is cost cutting measures, like if you supplement the dry food for potatoes and the like.
    He loses weight fairly rapidly if he's not given the enzyme tablets, alternatively instead of the tablets he can be given lamb/pig pancreas choped with his meal.
    So as you can see he needs a home for someone who will care for him and has the time for him, but he really is a great dog itd be a shame to put him down but we'll be left with no other choice. :(
    He's also already neutered and is 4 years old. Thanks

Hi there

We have a white german shepherd as a pet and were looking for a new home for him.
    Theres a baby coming into the house and we have no more room for him. Hes a brilliant pet, very obediant, not hyper, friendly to other dogs and kids, and is a brilliant watch dog!
    Hes perfect however he has a problem with his pancreas and needs to take enzyme supplements with each meal. He requires a low fat highly digestable diet, things like boiled chicken, potatoes and veg, We buy him low fat highly digestable royal canin dry food, this can be costly but there is cost cutting measures, like if you supplement the dry food for potatoes and the like.
    He loses weight fairly rapidly if he's not given the enzyme tablets, alternatively instead of the tablets he can be given lamb/pig pancreas choped with his meal.
    So as you can see he needs a home for someone who will care for him and has the time for him, but he really is a great dog
    A lot of people had said to us to put a sick dog down but he's perfectly healthy with the supplements frown.gif
    He's also already neutered and is 4 years old. Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

try contacting one of the welfare groups if you can not find a home http://www.dogsindistress.org/aboutus.php

failing that contact the UK German Shepherd group - there is no need for the dog to be put to sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

He is a gorgeous fella . You couldn't put him down - I'll see can I find a home for him.

Where are you located?

Thatd be great! Were in Finglas, Dublin

We wouldnt get him put down that would really be the last option obviously but its very hard to find a home because of his pancreas issue, and because the food and supplements could be costly. Im just hoping that theres someone thatd have the time and wouldnt mind spending the money on him because he really is worth it

Thanks for the help thats great Ill definately look into the UK group aswell Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭cosnochta

cosnochta wrote: »
    My partner and I wish to adopt a female long-haired (or semi long-haired) kitten. We would prefer to adopt from a rescue so we would have rescue back-up.

We are only looking for a female. We need her to have longish hair as I am allergic to Domestic Short-hair cats, but have been ok with long-haired cats. We are not interested in a feral kitten. I have had feral kittens in the past and they never were fully tame. We are looking for a companion who likes sitting on laps, being petting and would like to be mostly indoors. Colour is not important, though we don't want a white cat.

We can collect in the Dublin area only as we don't have a car.

We can offer a warm, safe home with two animal-mad adults. There are no other resident pets, but there is a visiting Shih-Tzu (she's mine, but she mostly lives at my family home). Cat would be under the care of Argyle and Bainbridge and would have all necessary vaccinations and would be neutered.

I hope I don't sound fussy, but I'm trying to be as honest and detailed as I can so that we don't waste anybody's time. We are looking to adopt from a rescue so if you have details of recues that have kittens or if you are a from a rescue, then please get in touch.

We brought our new addition home this morning. We ended up phoning our vet and a kitten had been brought into him only the previous evening. She had been abandoned, but she is now safe and happy in her new home.
    Thanks everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭nearly

I seem unable to edit my post up there: good news! This little kitten found a home!

(black and white kitten in sligo)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62363846&postcount=93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Small dog wanted for a great home. Preferrably male but would also consider a female. Must be a small enough breed. Jack Russell type would be ideal. Age doesn't really matter as long as it is a happy and healthy dog. Other than that they have to be good with other dogs and cats as I am a Veterinary Nurse and will be bringing him/her to work with me some days. Dublin area but can travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Hi all. Looking for a cat or a kitten to adopt in the general area of Cork city.

Still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Still looking.

Have you tried your local shelters / animal care society cork etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

Still looking.

Try to contact the Animal Care Society Cork: http://www.animalcaresociety.ie/
    or the Cork Cat Action Trust: http://www.catactiontrust.com/adopt.html
    Both of them are very good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevkol

hi, are u stilll looking for a new home for your corn snake????id love to take it, and have lots of experience with snakes so u can be assured it will be taken care of, please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Still looking.

Hiya, my mother (in Co.Limerick) told me of a litter of kittens that a neighbour of hers is trying to home- there are 4 black kittens and one black & white. I have no idea of gender, or if they've been vaccinated & wormed, but they're 8 weeks old and are very friendly as they've been raised indoors. If you're interested I could ask my mum to pick out one for you and I'll bring him/her with me the next time I'm going to Cork and could meet you somewhere....

Please note- I'm only telling of this litter and don't mind helping with transport as I travel from Clare to Cork regularly.... these kittens are not being homed through Homeward Bound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

Hi everyone. I have 2 really pretty female kittens looking for a home together. One is a calico with a ginger stripe down her face(really unusual looking) and the other is a ginger tabby with huge eyes and ears! We call them Cookie n Biscuit!
    They are c. 15 weeks old and we spent the last 4weeks taming them as they were from a litter a feral had in our back garden. They must be homed together as the ginger relies on her sister for confidence. They love their food and pets n cuddles
    I will post some pics tonight and please pm me if interested.
    For good, caring homes only. I will travel anywhere necessary to get them a good home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

Hi, we have an adorable black puppy that needs re-homing. He is 6 months old, almost to the day, and is mostly labrador (I think!), perhaps with a bit of sausage dog...?
    He was the runt of the litter, and is always going to be a small dog.
    His name is Tarka, like Tarka the Otter, because he is small and sleek and black...
    He's very friendly, house trained, and comes when he's called. He's had all his shots.
    He lives in Barna at the moment, and would love a friendly new home!
    Unfortunately, my mom just can't keep him in her new place...
    If you can take him, or know anyone who can take him, please PM me asap! Thanks!
    NMoore

Narsil wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have 2 really pretty female kittens looking for a home together. One is a calico with a ginger stripe down her face(really unusual looking) and the other is a ginger tabby with huge eyes and ears! We call them Cookie n Biscuit!
    They are c. 15 weeks old and we spent the last 4weeks taming them as they were from a litter a feral had in our back garden. They must be homed together as the ginger relies on her sister for confidence. They love their food and pets n cuddles
    For good, caring homes only. I will travel anywhere necessary to get them a good home.

Hi i would be interested in homing these kittens, they sound lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Small dog wanted for a great home. Preferrably male but would also consider a female. Must be a small enough breed. Jack Russell type would be ideal. Age doesn't really matter as long as it is a happy and healthy dog. Other than that they have to be good with other dogs and cats as I am a Veterinary Nurse and will be bringing him/her to work with me some days. Dublin area but can travel.

where are you based?

Hi i would be interested in homing these kittens, they sound lovely.
    PM'd you. In case here are some photos
    Biscuit:
    Biscuit.jpg
    Cookie:
    Cookie.jpg
    Snuggle:
    Snugglebugs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

thank you, Tarka is looking forward to meeting his new family!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone looking to rehome a rat or any other rodents?

Ive always wanted a pet rat and my daughter wants Chinchillas so rather than go down the whole petshop route Id prefer to rehome one or both.

Pm if you have anything available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

Narsil wrote: »

Where are you based?

Where are you based?

Based in Limerick but as i said i will travel for a good home for them:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kevkol

do u still have the corn snake mate??id love to take it

Advertisement