Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know a good parental control app for router

• 02-10-2020 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Got myself an Archer VR400 router/modem. Device itself is good but the parental control app that comes bundled with it is pure crap.

I can select a device, and either whitelist or black list sites ( not both. one or the other ) and what ever rules I apply, then apply for all devices.

Need more fine grained approach.

I simply want to do stuff like.
    -Block list of websites for child A device, whitelist sites for them also
    -Different lists for child B.
    -only apply rules for child C at certain times of day.
    -Be able to block all devices at click of a button ( I could do that with my old plusnet router and it was 8 yrs old )

Is there any app I can run on my PC/Phone that will allow me control all these settings on my router?
    Free, Paid for, doesnt matter. I just need some means to do the above. Any suggestions welcome.

Advertisement