Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a mask for snorkelling

• 25-09-2018 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Going away and want to buy my own and bring with me rather than using the ones they have there. Will prob only be used a couple of times a year, but at the same time want a good one that doesnt leak and fog. Any suggestions for brands, amazon is like a mine field??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

mel123 wrote: »
    Hi
    Going away and want to buy my own and bring with me rather than using the ones they have there. Will prob only be used a couple of times a year, but at the same time want a good one that doesnt leak and fog. Any suggestions for brands, amazon is like a mine field??

A mask is a very personal thing and it all depends on the size and shape of your face and the mask. You'd be better off going into a shop and trying on a bunch of different ones until you find one that suits.

When trying on a mask you simply place it on your face without the strap and inhale through your nose if the fit is good the mask won't fall.

For fogging you should rub toothpaste into any new mask and leave for a few minutes then rinse. Then every time you use it you should spit in the lenses and rub all around before rinsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Does someone know, is there shops in Cork who would be selling them?
    I tried find it online or online help but unable to do so. Also very interested in the black mask with the reflection/spy affect on the glass, can someone recommend where to look them up or what brand to use/avoid?

Thanks!

Advertisement