Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dancing on Ice is back

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Who’s voting for Gemma? Hope she goes next week!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

LizT wrote: »
    I'd say it's killing Gemma that she's still in, she never looks happy when her name is announced. She doesn't seem to be enjoying the competition at all

Yep. I imagine she's not a fan of actually having to work and put effort in.
    Shn99 wrote: »
    Who’s voting for Gemma? Hope she goes next week!

People are voting or her to see what she does next... she's sh but she breeds controversy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

LizT wrote: »
    I'd say it's killing Gemma that she's still in, she never looks happy when her name is announced. She doesn't seem to be enjoying the competition at all

Only caught up last night, and that is so true. She didn't seem one bit happy to be staying in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Was it on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

It was, just finished watching, and ask I can say is thanks be to gawd for small mercies.

Thought Jason was very mean in his comments giving his decision though, no need to be quite so pointed.

Even Gemma managed to be quite restrained and magnanimous in her comments throughout the show tonight (apart from the "I may not be the best skater but I've come out every week and given entertainment" - eh, not to me you haven't, love).

As much as he annoys me, fair play to Brian doing that routine with an injured back, I could feel mine twanging just watching him :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

I was the same, don't know how they 'push through' when in pain. I wouldn't last a minute! I almost felt sorry for him when he dropped his partner (Brandi??). Two going next week, competition is hotting up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The right 2 went tonight and Wes and James have the final to themselves

Gemma obviously dominating this chat as well - not a peep out of anyone since she left :rolleyes: :D

I'm assuming that Wes and Vanessa have got it together off the ice as well as on the ice at this stage? Hard to see past him for the title tbh. But when he did that splits jump all I could think of was that Ray fella a few years back - Jason was right, do it properly or don't do it at all.

I'd love to know how much weight Bryan has lost since this started! He's an absolutely shadow of his former self! And has come on in leaps and bounds to be fair, and is not half as painful now that he's letting his skating do the talking.

Saara I still can't take to - something about her personality just grates on me, and her solo skate was poor compared to even Bryan's...

James coming up now, I'm presuming he'll be brilliant as always.

Hah, as I suspected!

Did I not see him half stumble as he skated backwards in the solo bit, or did I imagine that? Whether that was actually worth deducting .5 or not I'm not sure (clearly not!)

I know everyone gives him a hard time over being a dancer, but he couldn't skate at all when this started and by golly he can now, he has easily the best speed over the ice when he's solo of the lot of them. He wouldn't be my favourite by a long shot but he's taken to skating like the proverbial duck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hah, as I suspected!

Did I not see him half stumble as he skated backwards in the solo bit, or did I imagine that? Whether that was actually worth deducting .5 or not I'm not sure (clearly not!)

I know everyone gives him a hard time over being a dancer, but he couldn't skate at all when this started and by golly he can now, he has easily the best speed over the ice when he's solo of the lot of them. He wouldn't be my favourite by a long shot but he's taken to skating like the proverbial duck.

Call me cynical, but I always thought he was faking the bad skating in the early rounds. They probably wanted someone like him in it so they could get out the 10s ala Strictly.

• Advertisement

I was right :)

Awww, what an awful way for it to end :(

And after such a stormer of a performance earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Awww, what an awful way for it to end :(

And after such a stormer of a performance earlier.

Yep Im not a fan of our Brian but that was hard. And his parents had over for the weekend to see him. Did she fall or was it him - missed the start of the bit?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dovies wrote: »
    Yep Im not a fan of our Brian but that was hard. And his parents had over for the weekend to see him. Did she fall or was it him - missed the start of the bit?

It looked like it was all him to be fair.

It’s James’s to lose now

What a final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Hollys dress looks like it's going to fall off!

Can't call it between James and Wes tonight

Can't call it between James and Wes tonight

Saara is great tonight too

Autosport wrote: »
    Saara is great tonight too

agreed, but I was fairly confident she wouldn't get through to the final 2 (and I was right!)

• Advertisement

Oh god I don't know who was better

I didn't pay proper attention to either but I think James is the better of the two. Their synchronicity is incredible.

Looking forward to catching up shortly.

Woohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delighted he won. Standard was very high. Very enjoyable viewing.

Anyone watching the launch show? (Is there another thread that I've missed??)

Nearly missed it, but catching it on +1.

Looks like a cracking lineup this year - the last one, I think :(:(

Yea I'm watching it now :)

Holy god, fair play to that (basically) blind girl - and Mark for taking on tutoring her!!

Fecking GC :mad::mad:

Wouldn't it not be harder for her to skate and dance with her disabilities

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Wouldn't it not be harder for her to skate and dance with her disabilities
    I'd have said practically impossible! Not to mention the stress on the poor guide dog, who looks like she'll need counselling after this :eek:

Gemma Collins irritation was much relieved by the demented twitching of Candice sitting beside her in the audience, clearly being driving over the edge by the histrioncs :D

Advertisement