Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Were you born in St Patricks Templehill Blackrock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Liverdub 80

hi claire,i was born march 1980 & spent my first 10 months between st patricks infant hospital & st patricks guild,i would be extremly grateful if you could check through the items/photos to see if anything would match with my birth date!thankyou

• Registered Users Posts: 30 egav

St patricks hospital is where you stayed while waiting adoption.....the adoption agency is called St patricks guild so u out were in the one place all the time after leaving the hospital you were born in..
    I was there in 77 but my sister was there from July to Nov 1980 so ye were probably crib mates...
    You can get onto tusla to get your records from your time in St patricks,this could take years but you'll get your feeding records etc

hi,i was born march 1980 & spent about 8 or 9 months between st patricks infant hospital & st patricks guild. . . . i know very little . . . . if nothing at all about my first 9 months,so any little snippet of anything that u may have that might relate to me would be hugely appreciated! thank you

had a feeling but was just unsure . . . .thanks for ur help ☺ have been in contact with tusla . . . .s'pose now its just a waiting game!beat of luck with ur search ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 30 egav

Tusla can take years..😕
    I done search in December with help from some people on adoption pages on Facebook. .found birth mothers address.wrote to her in Jan and she phoned me that day...we met 2 weeks ago..

You could go to the G.R.O and look for your birth certificate yourself..
    Are you on any of the adoption Facebook pages?if not I suggest you join them,you'll get great support and guidance..

had a feeling but was just unsure . . . .thanks for ur help ☺ have been in contact with tusla . . . .s'pose now its just a waiting game!beat of luck with ur search ☺

wow thats. fantastic 😀 will defo take a trip in to the g.r.o office , was just preparing myself for a long ass wait but will defo be taking a trip in there & will have a look at the adoption fb page!have very little info . . . .just a tiny piece of paper with a brief description of bm . . . . anyway u never know what i might find ☺ thankyou so much for all ur help x

• Advertisement

hi there,was just wondering if anyone cud shed some light on this for me,i was born in march 1980 & adopted through st patricks guild (sr gabriel)nov1980,would i of spent the first 8 months there or was i placed in foster care until adoption?also i know i had been christened before being adopted but renamed by my adoptive parents,would i of been christened by my biolgical moother or the nuns?i am registered with tusla but am wondering is there any way of finding out some info myself?many thanks

hi there,i was born march 1980 & adopted through st patricks guild (sr gabriel)november 1980,i wonder if maybe you might have anything that would relate to me? was wondering if alao maybe you cud shed some light on if i would of spent my first 8 months there or would i of been in foster care until my adoption?also my adoptive parents told me i had been christened before being adopted but they had ne renamed me . . . .would i of been christened by my biological mother or by the nuns??i am registered with tusla but am wondering is there any way of me gathering some info myself?many thanks !

marttom wrote: »
    Hi I have a few photos mostly of myself holding children which I don't think would be appropriate to post as the children's faces can be seen. Do you know your birth name as I have some name tags I would love to give back or maybe I might remember your name. It's a long time ago but it's amazing the things you remember, all of the children in our care were loved so much.

hi martom,iwas born march 1980 & adopted through st patricks guild(sr gabriel)in nov 1980,i do realise that this time does'nt coincide with the time you where there but was just hopeing that maybe you cud shed some light on this for me!i am wondering would i of spent my first 8 months there or
    would i of been placed in foster care until my adoption? also my adoptive parents told me i had been christened before being adopted but they had me renamed,would it of been my biological mother that christened me or the nuns?i am registered with tusla but any small bit of info or help on how to gather some info would be hugely appreciated!many thanks

Bridg wrote: »
    I also worked in Temple Hill about 37 odd years ago have few baby photos in an old album I worked a lot with the toddlers and loved every one of them as if they were my own I can remember some of the children's names and some of the girls I worked with remember the nuns and the staff nurses too would love to know how the children are now all grown up with families of their own I would love to hear from all of you again love and thought to all
    hi bridg,i was also in temple hill,born march 1980,female & adopted nov 1980,i wonder would you have any photos or info which might relate to me ☺ kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tdebarra

Hi I have a few photos mostly of myself holding children which I don't think would be appropriate to post as the children's faces can be seen. Do you know your birth name as I have some name tags I would love to give back or maybe I might remember your name. It's a long time ago but it's amazing the things you remember, all of the children in our care were loved so much.

HI
    I was in Temple Hill from Dec75 to September 76. Seamus Lynch was my birth name. I had a heart murmur and was over and back to hospital prior to adoption. I would love to learn more about the place and see some pics. How can that happen.

• Advertisement

hi bridgeg,i was adopted through st patricks guild & was born march 1980 & would of spent time in templehill until my adoption in november 1980,any infromation/photos you could share with me would be amazing ☺

Bridg wrote: »
    I also worked in Temple Hill about 37 odd years ago have few baby photos in an old album I worked a lot with the toddlers and loved every one of them as if they were my own I can remember some of the children's names and some of the girls I worked with remember the nuns and the staff nurses too would love to know how the children are now all grown up with families of their own I would love to hear from all of you again love and thought to all

hi bridg, female ,born 24/03/1980,adopted through st patricks guild & would of spent time in templehill until my adoption in november!any help or tiny bit of info would be greatly appreciated!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

@Liverdub80

According to their profile page Bridg hasn't been active on Boards for over a year.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭BottleOfSmoke

hi,i was born march 1980 & spent about 8 or 9 months between st patricks infant hospital & st patricks guild. . . . i know very little . . . . if nothing at all about my first 9 months,so any little snippet of anything that u may have that might relate to me would be hugely appreciated! thank you

If you were born in St Patricks infant hospital (Mother & Babies home) then you may find some facebook groups useful, particularly a private group called "St. Patrick's Home, Navan Road Cribmates", you can search for it on FB. People have uploaded photos there of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laherta

I trained as a Nusety Nurse from sept 1982 to April 1984 in Temple hill.

Hi, My husband was there from his birth February 1983 until his adoption in June 1983. We would love if we could contact you privately with names to see if they correspond. Thank you, any information would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 laherta

I trained as a Nusety Nurse from sept 1982 to April 1984 in Temple hill.

Hi @marttom, I sent private reply to your message- not entirely sure if you got it! New to this site. Thank you for any insight you may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Caroline1982

Hi I grew up there from 1982 until the year it was closed down. Any photos, information, contact at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Caroline1982

Hi I trained as a nursery nurse at Temple hill from sept 1982_mar 1984 , sorry to hear about your sister .I have 8 tags and some photos of my time there its 30 years ago and I would love to give them to the right people ,just looking at them now and imagining how special it would be for those people to have them returned.All I can say isit was a training hospital but we could not love or care for those babies more the staff would give the same children to a nurse so they would become familiar to them .if anyone wants to contact me please do

Hi I was there from 9 days old in June 1982until just before it closed down. I wasn't in the Nursery but nurses used to take me up to see the babies regularly... Would love to contact you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CaelainnHogan

Hi Caroline, I grew up down the road from Temple Hill and am writing about St Patrick's. I've spoken with a nurse who worked there and would be grateful to speak to you about your own experience. Feel free to send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭rinsjwind

Hi all

My sisters brother in law is adopted and he was contacted last year by Tusla, who now have the records from temple hill/st patricks guild, to say they had a photo of him in temple hill aged around 2 and a wristband and was he interested in having them. They had recently been contacted by one of the former trainee nurses (maybe one of the above!) who gave them photos and wristbands along with names and dates which had allowed them to identify most of the relevant files. They did mention they were only contacting people who had previously looked for information so two things;

If you were there as a baby, contact tusla to see if they have anything for you (the brother in law was there for 9 months in 1974).

If you worked there and have photos or wristbands or other momento's it may be worth contacting them as they went to a fair bit of trouble to locate him (he's moved 4 times since he last was in touch with SPG!) so they seem to be taking passing it on seriously.
    Good luck
    Rins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

rinsjwind wrote: »
    Hi all

My sisters brother in law is adopted and he was contacted last year by Tusla, who now have the records from temple hill/st patricks guild, to say they had a photo of him in temple hill aged around 2 and a wristband and was he interested in having them. They had recently been contacted by one of the former trainee nurses (maybe one of the above!) who gave them photos and wristbands along with names and dates which had allowed them to identify most of the relevant files. They did mention they were only contacting people who had previously looked for information so two things;

If you were there as a baby, contact tusla to see if they have anything for you (the brother in law was there for 9 months in 1974).

If you worked there and have photos or wristbands or other momento's it may be worth contacting them as they went to a fair bit of trouble to locate him (he's moved 4 times since he last was in touch with SPG!) so they seem to be taking passing it on seriously.
    Good luck
    Rins

Really nice to hear a good news story regarding St Patricks Guild .... kudos to Tusla and the nurse who took the time to give them over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Joanto1

justagirl wrote: »
    Really nice to hear a good news story regarding St Patricks Guild .... kudos to Tusla and the nurse who took the time to give them over.

HI My daughter was in Templehill from September 1975 to March 5th 1976. I kept my daughter took her from Templehill in March 1976 I wonder might anyone have any memorbilia especially pictures as I have no baby pictures at all of her. I dont want to leave any details on here for confidentiality. I will leave my mobile bile number and perhaps you might get ring me if you have and I will give further details. 0862098333 Jo

tyview wrote: »
    Any chance I could have a look at some too :D

I would love to see any forms from 1975!early 1976 I don't know how to get a Price vote Message to give very names and details. Jo

hi martom,iwas born march 1980 & adopted through st patricks guild(sr gabriel)in nov 1980,i do realise that this time does'nt coincide with the time you where there but was just hopeing that maybe you cud shed some light on this for me!i am wondering would i of spent my first 8 months there or
    would i of been placed in foster care until my adoption? also my adoptive parents told me i had been christened before being adopted but they had me renamed,would it of been my biological mother that christened me or the nuns?i am registered with tusla but any small bit of info or help on how to gather some info would be hugely appreciated!many thanks

Marttom can I please private message you somehow as you may just have what I am looking for. Or how do I do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dr Wankel

Hi Guys

I received my baby wristband from an anonymous nurse who worked at temple hill while I was there

It was sent through the tusla agency who now hold St Patrick's guild records.

Hope this helps

Hermy wrote: »
    Hi Claire,
    I was in St. Patrick's a few years before those photos were taken (b. '76) but I'd still be delighted to know what it looked like inside if it would be possible to share the pictures with me too.

HI Claire I would love some pictures from there as my daughter was there end 1975 to early 1976 please message me if you have anything of interest. Thanks in advance.

Hi ,i wonder if maybe anyone can shed some light on this for me? Should an adoptees long birth cert contain the b/m name or the a/m name?????#confused 🀔???????

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

A Birth cert should contain your birth information eg your orignal name, birth mothers name, where born, once you are legally adopted you are issued an adoption cert with adopted name and adopted parents details,
    So we have 2 certs one in birth name and one in adopted name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elainec161982

I have just found out that is where I was before I was adopted. I was born the 16 August 1982.any record of me? And although years have passed I am sorry for your loss. I have met my birth mother hence how I found out where I was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Elainec161982

Hi I trained as a nursery nurse at Temple hill from sept 1982_mar 1984 , sorry to hear about your sister .I have 8 tags and some photos of my time there its 30 years ago and I would love to give them to the right people ,just looking at them now and imagining how special it would be for those people to have them returned.All I can say isit was a training hospital but we could not love or care for those babies more the staff would give the same children to a nurse so they would become familiar to them .if anyone wants to contact me please do

I was born 16 Aug 1982 and spent a good few months there before I was adopted. I wonder would you have any information on me. My birth mother named me Tara fallon. Would love any information you have!

Advertisement