Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Turkish Barbers at Cleaboy.

• 23-11-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Was just sampling the kingsize burgers at the Cleaboy chipper after the little lads hurling and noticed a new Turkish barbers next door to the chipper. Place looks nice - big and clean - and great for the area to have all the units full there for the first time in years. Anybody been in yet? I'd love to support a local new business but am hesitant to be the first to try :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Well I was in Turkey a few weeks ago and had the best shave and haircut I've ever had!

Man alive, I felt so pampered!

Ears and nose hair set alight and everything.

If this place is half as good it'll be brilliant - good luck to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Was just sampling the kingsize burgers at the Cleaboy chipper after the little lads hurling and noticed a new Turkish barbers next door to the chipper. Place looks nice - big and clean - and great for the area to have all the units full there for the first time in years. Anybody been in yet? I'd love to support a local new business but am hesitant to be the first to try :D

They do the most amazing shaves, definitely well worth a visit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

Are they open on Sunday's?

Any barbers open around on Sunday's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

looder wrote: »
    Are they open on Sunday's?

Any barbers open around on Sunday's?

Chaps on Micheal Street opens Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MrsMoon

Brought my 6 year old in today apparently first day open barber was very friendly place is spotless even gave him a Ferraro Rocher after. Might get DH a shave for his stocking if they are that good. Best of luck to them and I agree the place looks so much better with all the units occupied. A good reason to shop local.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Just came out of there now. Wow, what a refreshing barber shop. Spotless, well decorated and a really friendly barber. He did a great job on the auld hair as well. Big long nosed scissors with the whole snip, snip, snip thing going on from the scissors. Razor shave at back of neck.

Really impressed - best of luck to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Do they trim beards does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Just came out of there now. Wow, what a refreshing barber shop. Spotless, well decorated and a really friendly barber. He did a great job on the auld hair as well. Big long nosed scissors with the whole snip, snip, snip thing going on from the scissors. Razor shave at back of neck.

Really impressed - best of luck to them.

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

10 euro for dry cut. They seem to be set up for shaves, beard trims and all that good man stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Do they do all that proper Turkish stuff, like shave with a cut-throat razor, setting ears and noses alight, splash with evil lemon cologne?

If so, I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Do they do all that proper Turkish stuff, like shave with a cut-throat razor, setting ears and noses alight, splash with evil lemon cologne?

If so, I'm in!

Yes he does :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 waterfordboyo

The best turkish barbers and barbers in the town is definitely NIHATS BARBERS on the cork road two doors up from dunphys shop.

He used to own the barbers in lisduggan but now has hes own shop on the cork road.
    I am a customer for the last ten years. Top of the range shop with fantastic staff.

His traditional turkish hot towel shave is to die for.

Best quality and prices in the town.

would highly recommend him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

The best turkish barbers and barbers in the town is definitely NIHATS BARBERS on the cork road two doors up from dunphys shop.

He used to own the barbers in lisduggan but now has hes own shop on the cork road.
    I am a customer for the last ten years. Top of the range shop with fantastic staff.

His traditional turkish hot towel shave is to die for.

Best quality and prices in the town.

would highly recommend him!

Welcome to the Waterford forum Nihat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

longshanks wrote: »
    Welcome to the Waterford forum Nihat.

Definitely not him, as a friend of Nihats I can tell you he cant write that good in English :D

ps, he is right, as I said, Im a friend so you could call me biased but I have been going to him ever since he had the shop in John Street and have never had a reason to be unhappy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 waterfordboyo

A loyal customer is what I am. No harm in putting out a good word about a hard working man!
    my dad ( whos 85 and also enjoys his shave from nihat every week),, my sons, my brothers and I all go there!

Also like the guy above followed him from john street to lisduggan and now to the cork road!

Wouldn't even dream of trying anyone else.

Best service in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Whats the world comin to when a lad wont shave himself anymore.

Ahh im only coddin ya. Its a treat I'm sure to have a fella hold a blade to your chin

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

I parked outside the Turkish Barber in Cleaboy for a few minutes during the week (Atila's).
    He came out of the shop and started tackling litter / rubbish around the ground outside the door of the shop.
    Instead of binning it, he just kicked it around the car park, and brushed the remainder to the front of the neighbouring Chinese restaurant.
    Litter in the car park shouldn't be his remit, but dumping it on the neighbour isn't exactly civic minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

A loyal customer is what I am. No harm in putting out a good word about a hard working man!
    my dad ( whos 85 and also enjoys his shave from nihat every week),, my sons, my brothers and I all go there!

Also like the guy above followed him from john street to lisduggan and now to the cork road!

Wouldn't even dream of trying anyone else.

Best service in town!

Does he shave down below do you know?

I have very hairy toes you know.

Advertisement