Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-09-2019, 17:17   #1
Alkers

Send a message via MSN to Alkers
U Value for existing windows

We are looking at getting some retrofit work done via an SEAI scheme.
We bought the house two 1/2 years ago and the rear of the house was extended in 2012. The extension has a window and french doors, both of which are triple glazed.
The SEAI are saying that unless we can produce U-value certificates for these windows, that we would have to replace them in order to avail of any grants for window replacement for the rest of the house. We have no contact with the previous owners and don't know who installed the windows. I've identified the glass manufacturer via some barely legible frosting on the internal pane but they weren't able to match the numbers I gave them to any of their records (it's possible that I missed a few digits as it's extremely hard to read).
Any advice as to what I can do in this situation? Is it possible to determine the U-value of a window once installed?
Advertisement
10-09-2019, 17:26   #2
sydthebeat
Subscriber

Ultimately no its not.

You need the order number from the window, and then to match that order number from the manufacturer, and for them to then supply the cert.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion