Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-06-2019, 12:26   #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdanbreen View Post
So you think that it's not a culturaly rich nation steeped in history just because Gobshytes don't flock there to get a tan and wolf back cheap booze and mighty macs!
It's a great country. Where did i say otherwise? Doesn't mean America isn't a great country also.
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 12:30   #302
Sonny noggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
I didn't claim it was in their airspace, like within 12 miles or whatever the legal limit is. I gave my opinion stating that for all intents and purposes, if an Irani surface-to-air missile can hit a US drone, then it's effectively in Iran's airspace. I didn't make some grand legal argument regarding it. It's my opinion and I would imagine it would be the opinion of 330 million Americans if Irani planes and submarines were 15 miles of the coast of Miami.

The drone operator in his office deserved the shock of his screen going black. It should hopefully upset him enough that he can only eat half his Big Mac for lunch.
You are effectively saying that if Iran can hit something that is legally within a neighbouring countries airspace then you are saying they can shoot it down. Complete BS.
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 13:07   #303
Franz Von Peppercorn II

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheShadows View Post
Yeah an amazing country for sure. Must be the reason millions upon millions of people flock there every year on holiday

We've a leftie idiot of a woman as a parent in my kids school class. Always going on and on about Trump this, Trump that, America is a country of warmongers etc... the usual leftie sh1te and yet where has she took her family on holidays twice in the last 5 years, yes rights right Disneyland Florida.
Imagine if the US weren’t an empire. Florida would still be there. Lesson of the story is there’s no contradiction in what she is doing.
21-06-2019, 13:15   #304
Cheerful Spring2

New York Times claimed a US bombing of Iranian targets was to take place after 7pm US time on Thursday. Politicians and military were informed.

Destroyers were in position and planes were in the air ready to go. Trump called it off.

Reports now Trump has send a letter to Iran via Oman an attack is coming and he wants talks to prevent it.

It hard to tell if Trump bluffing Iran and trying to get them to negotiate.War could also be imminent and he trying his best to stop it?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...source=twitter
21-06-2019, 13:25   #305
Gatling

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurgen View Post
What if iran fly drones over the U.S? Would you have the same concerns vis a vis the U.S shooting it down?
Russia and China regularly do it , Russia fly's across the majority of European countries and here and nothing is shot down through various agreements ,if this drone was downed in international waters and airspace its by international law considered an act of aggression

Last edited by Gatling; 21-06-2019 at 17:27.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 13:27   #306
Cheerful Spring2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackboy View Post
They haven't been attacked. Iran are doing all the attacking (tankers, drones, Syria, Yemen etc). The US have been very restrained as they don't want an escalation. There is a limit though.
If you believe the news reports Trump has provided deadlines to Iran. Trump claiming an attack is imminent and demanding negotiations. Reminds me of the Bush deadline to Iraq.

We got very close to war last night if you believe the New York times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/w...-us-drone.html
21-06-2019, 13:36   #307
Hedgelayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatling View Post
Russia and China regularly do it , Russia fly's across the majority of European countries and here and nothing is show down through various agreements ,if this drone was downed in international waters and airspace its by international law considered an act of aggression
In a non provocative manners they may fly.

So you think the American drone was out researching the fish farms which are jointly owned by Eye Ran and Norway ?

You sound like a war monger yourself, with a name like Gatling I'm sure it's somefink to do with gun's....
21-06-2019, 13:38   #308
Say my name

So has the Saudi U.S. military attacked Iran yet?

Maybe when Iran is wiped off the face of the planet we can finally start the real war of Israel and Saudi Arabia against each other.
21-06-2019, 13:42   #309
Hedgelayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say my name View Post
So has the Saudi U.S. military attacked Iran yet?

Maybe when Iran is wiped off the face of the planet we can finally start the real war of Israel and Saudi Arabia against each other.
Sunni Vs Judaism.....

That's probably where it'll end.

My ten cents are on the Judasim side they're annihilate Saudi
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-06-2019, 13:48   #310
Alpha_zero

The drone shot down is high tech and designed to evade Surface to Air Missiles, and it was shot down by an Iranian produced system.

Limited strikes would seem ill advised as Iran would have to retaliate.
21-06-2019, 14:03   #311
Franz Von Peppercorn II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerful Spring2 View Post
If you believe the news reports Trump has provided deadlines to Iran. Trump claiming an attack is imminent and demanding negotiations. Reminds me of the Bush deadline to Iraq.

We got very close to war last night if you believe the New York times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/w...-us-drone.html
Art of the deal.
21-06-2019, 14:07   #312
Matt Barrett

What sickens me is it's all about money at the end of the day. Those pushing for this haven't freedom or democracy in mind. Israel wants to wipe out Iran, Trump and pals are interested in what deals they can get into if the region is opened up for their brand of business, meanwhile many Americans and Iranians will be slaughtered and likely we'll end up with another Iraq and possibly Israel stealing more surrounding lands for 'security' while everyone is distracted.
I think Trump hasn't the neck to start a war but can be persuaded, what with his fragile ego and greed. I can't see the Iranians bowing to U.S. aggression.
(3) thanks from:
21-06-2019, 14:13   #313
Outlaw Pete

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55383193804801
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...55392488374272
21-06-2019, 14:36   #314
Stacksofwacks

There seems to be an inevitability about this. You can go back to 1980 since the hostage crisis the Americans have been waiting for their chance to attack Iran. Now they've got a total lunatic in power where starting a war with a major nuclear power wouldnt be a surprise to people. The wars in Iraq, Syria, Yemen etc have just been precursors to the main attack
Thanks from:
21-06-2019, 14:39   #315
smurgen

The Americans should be mad that their drones cost 180 million.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion