Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-11-2018, 19:37   #1
grimm2005

C&C/Red Alert Remastered

https://www.pcgamer.com/command-and-...er-candc-devs/

Original Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered by Petroglyph Games which is made up of ex-Westwood staff.

At the moment they are saying it's a remaster rather than a remake but hoping it'll be a bit more than just some upscaled textures and 4K support. Either way, great to see the original team involved and hopefully this will be the start of bringing back the series before EA destroyed it.
Advertisement
14-11-2018, 19:44   #2
Falthyron

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimm2005 View Post
https://www.pcgamer.com/command-and-...er-candc-devs/

Original Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered by Petroglyph Games which is made up of ex-Westwood staff.

At the moment they are saying it's a remaster rather than a remake but hoping it'll be a bit more than just some upscaled textures and 4K support. Either way, great to see the original team involved and hopefully this will be the start of bringing back the series before EA destroyed it.
Just give me Tiberian Sun, the definitive and undeniably best game of the series!

Hopefully, the remaster is treated with respect. Then again, it is EA, so I expect lootboxes containing skins for a mammoth tank...
Thanks from:
14-11-2018, 19:52   #3
TheValeyard

Hell March!!!!!! For the glory of a Continental Soviet Union.

Also....

"Rise my people. I have returned, never to leave your side again. GDI sought to destroy me, but they have only made me stronger. Today, we march forward into our future. A stronger people. A divined people, enhanced for the Tiberium world. The time has come, to claim this world as our own! The time has come, to destroy GDI ! One vision. One purpose! Peace through power!"
— Returned Kane (Tiberian Sun).
14-11-2018, 19:53   #4
rockatansky

Best opening sequence to a game ever!

Heet-ler is out ov de way.

14-11-2018, 20:04   #5
grimm2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falthyron View Post
Hopefully, the remaster is treated with respect. Then again, it is EA, so I expect lootboxes containing skins for a mammoth tank...
No micro-transactions confirmed!

https://www.pcgamer.com/ea-confirm-r...otransactions/
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-11-2018, 20:06   #6
pixelburp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falthyron View Post
Just give me Tiberian Sun, the definitive and undeniably best game of the series!

I recently replayed Tiberian Sun and it hasn't aged well; the pathfinding in the AI was abysmal.

Good news though and hot off the heels of that awful looking mobile game I wonder is this an emergency claw back of goodwill ...
(2) thanks from:
14-11-2018, 20:13   #7
pixelburp

Many folks play the 3d c&c games? C&C3 was pretty decent from what I recall, the alien faction working well; Red Alert 3 I only recall the cheesy FMVs that went way overboard, and those units that could swap function on a hotkey.
Thanks from:
14-11-2018, 20:17   #8
TheValeyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockatansky View Post
Best opening sequence to a game ever!

Heet-ler is out ov de way.

Assistant: Did you find him?
Einstein: Hitler is... out of the way.
Assistant: Congratulations, professor! With Hitler removed-
Einstein: Time will tell. Sooner or later... time will tell...
Thanks from:
14-11-2018, 20:18   #9
Sonics2k

Man, if you'd asked me what I thought about the constant remasters of games, I'd have said it was just awful and lazy.

But with this and Warcraft III: Reforged, I may not leave my house for a long time.
Advertisement
14-11-2018, 20:37   #10
degrassinoel
Assume the position

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelburp View Post
Many folks play the 3d c&c games? C&C3 was pretty decent from what I recall, the alien faction working well; Red Alert 3 I only recall the cheesy FMVs that went way overboard, and those units that could swap function on a hotkey.
Yeah, 3. That was the last decent C&C, Kane's Wrath expansion too.
14-11-2018, 20:41   #11
Kiith

Delighted to see some proper C&C news. Hopefully we'll see the 2nd remastered as well if this goes well. While the first is probably a better game, i absolutely adore 2. Hell March 2 is where it's really at

(3) thanks from:
14-11-2018, 20:48   #12
Cookie_Monster

Send a message via Skype™ to Cookie_Monster
Cool! I actually got back into play RA2 lest year for a while, the original with updated graphics would be even better.
14-11-2018, 21:14   #13
Vicxas

So excited for this. So much time invested into these games when i was younger.
14-11-2018, 21:51   #14
quarryman

Send a message via ICQ to quarryman Send a message via AIM to quarryman Send a message via MSN to quarryman Send a message via Yahoo to quarryman Send a message via Skype™ to quarryman
Hope they remaster RA2 when they are done with the original.
14-11-2018, 21:56   #15
pixelburp

The details are vague but it doesn't sound like it's going to be much of a remake; Petroglyph have a solid RTS engine they've used for a few games, but the article hints that the eventual game may just amount to an upscale of the graphics and other lowball modernising (support for modern resolutions etc) - so basically precisely what OpenRA does already ...

https://www.openra.net
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion