Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-08-2019, 23:40   #361
trashcan

I've thrown in the towel on the machine. Just couldn't cope with it. Two seperate goes of about three months each time. Just couldn't take any more.
Advertisement
14-08-2019, 23:45   #362
tnegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey 2005 View Post
If the dos scheme were not reimbursing me I would certainly but a machine, but for now I'm not considering it.

Do you have €124 of other expenses or how is the DPS covering this for you? When I lost my medical card, I was told DPS wouldn't cover it so bought outright that's nearly 9 years ago now though.
14-08-2019, 23:52   #363
Redsoxfan

Just wondering if anyone has a humidifier with their CPAP machine?

If so, what kind of water do you use with it? Anyone bother with distilled water to avoid limescale?
14-08-2019, 23:52   #364
corwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashcan View Post
I've thrown in the towel on the machine. Just couldn't cope with it. Two seperate goes of about three months each time. Just couldn't take any more.
That's a real shame. Did you have a particular issue with it? When I started first, I couldn't cope with the nasal mask, it was only when I went to a full-face mask that it clicked for me.
14-08-2019, 23:53   #365
corwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxfan View Post
Just wondering if anyone has a humidifier with their CPAP machine?

If so, what kind of water do you use with it? Anyone bother with distilled water to avoid limescale?
I just go with the tap, life is too short! Although I might feel differently if I was in a hard water area, to be fair.
Advertisement
14-08-2019, 23:58   #366
Glebee

I never bother with the humififer, whats the benifits??
15-08-2019, 00:02   #367
corwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
I never bother with the humififer, whats the benifits??
Stops my mouth, throat and nose from drying out, and my nose from getting congested.
15-08-2019, 05:28   #368
Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwill View Post
That's a real shame. Did you have a particular issue with it? When I started first, I couldn't cope with the nasal mask, it was only when I went to a full-face mask that it clicked for me.
What does a full face mask look like??? I have a nasal mask and I get a lot of leakage as I move about on the pillow until I settle down.
15-08-2019, 06:15   #369
Glebee

Full mask covers mouth and nose.
Advertisement
15-08-2019, 08:36   #370
corwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebee View Post
Full mask covers mouth and nose.
Exactly, like this one - https://www.resmed.com/us/en/healthc...irfit-f20.html

I found with the nasal mask that I'd open my mouth during the night and air would come rushing out, which woke me up. I can get a bit congested during the night also, so breathing exclusively through the nose made the nasal mask hard going.

If your problem with CPAP is a feeling of claustrophobia, though, I'd say the full face mask might be worse. But it works well for me.
15-08-2019, 08:37   #371
Odyssey 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnegun View Post
Do you have €124 of other expenses or how is the DPS covering this for you? When I lost my medical card, I was told DPS wouldn't cover it so bought outright that's nearly 9 years ago now though.
Yes I do. I pay the €124,then the €96 for the machine and reclaim the €96 on the dps
Thanks from:
15-08-2019, 13:11   #372
tnegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwill View Post
Same here the nasal just didn't work for me, the full face took a little getting used to but once on it I've never looked back.
Thanks from:
15-08-2019, 13:26   #373
tnegun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetGeek View Post
Not sure how legit it is but it works for me. You need the following:
Get a UK VPN (easiest is to add an extension to chrome Hola use the following https://www.google.ie/search?client=...71.w1Y_z-1AWcE
)
Setup parcel motel with UK address in Newtownards and forward to your home address. Go to the following with VPN activated. Shop to your hearts content. Using Parcel Motel address. Doesn’t matter that your Credit Card address is outside UK. Always select for the no VAT option as it is a medical requirement. Best value and no problem with returning for any parts.
https://mysleep.resmed.com/GB/en/

Just to highlight there is an extra 10% off until August 19th plus 5% for signing up to resmed rewards - its just a check box - and Sterling is so weak right now its a great time to buy any accessories.
15-08-2019, 13:43   #374
Drumpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnegun View Post
Same here the nasal just didn't work for me, the full face took a little getting used to but once on it I've never looked back.
Is it a dentist who does the full face ? I heard about this but don't know where to start. I spoke with my dentist the other day and they said that they can help get some sort of mould (I grind teeth) that also helps sleep apnea suffers and opens the airways at night. I cant remember the name so don't know if its the same as what you are mentioning above.

I had the sleep Apnea machine a few years ago and when I asked if I will ever get used to it (after 6 weeks), I got a twat of a consultant who just took it back from me. I think I just wanted re-assurance that its possible to get used to the machine but he actually said "you should be in here thanking me for how this machine has changed your life" or something to that effect.

Ive been unable to get back to the sleep apnea crowd since then so I really don't know where I stand or who to ask questions to.
15-08-2019, 13:59   #375
tnegun

My face mask is for use with the machine, I've seen the ones for use without but never went there as I'm happy with the machine. I just used an online sizing guide to fit mine and it worked. Some will allow you return if it doesn't work out so check that out too.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion