Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-03-2015, 12:20   #1501
MrPudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Nope, he's protected because (a) Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, and (b) the California Constitution gives citizens the right to bring forward ballot proposals. The Courts may squash the proposal if it's repugnant to the Constitution, but you can't be sanctioned for bringing it forward.
Yeah, and all that stuff too.

MrP
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-03-2015, 01:29   #1502
Peregrinus

Pesky political correctness!
(2) thanks from:
03-04-2015, 18:07   #1503
bnt

"Half-Baked" would be an improvement:

I think the voiceover is from his speech at "Liberty University" last week. You know the place - where students do not have the liberty to not attend a Ted Cruz speech.

edit: apparently, "religious liberty" is high on Cruz's agenda. The cognitive dissonance ... it burns.

Last edited by bnt; 03-04-2015 at 18:13.
Thanks from:
03-04-2015, 18:09   #1504
PopePalpatine

Eh...still not worse than Rick Perry's infamous effort.
Thanks from:
05-04-2015, 19:38   #1505

Ted Cruz I don't trust. To me, this Tea Party is just the KKK dressed up and made to look better. I never thought I'd say it, but I'd prefer a Bush to win than him.
Advertisement
06-04-2015, 00:43   #1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuilderPlumber View Post
Ted Cruz I don't trust. To me, this Tea Party is just the KKK dressed up and made to look better. I never thought I'd say it, but I'd prefer a Bush to win than him.
Cruz hasn't a chance. He's just the clown sent out by the GOP to keep the mouth breathing, dribbling, inbred religious right happy while they sort out which Bush they want to coup in and which muslim country they'll invade after the coup.
(2) thanks from:
06-04-2015, 11:52   #1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shanahan View Post
Cruz hasn't a chance. He's just the clown sent out by the GOP to keep the mouth breathing, dribbling, inbred religious right happy while they sort out which Bush they want to coup in and which muslim country they'll invade after the coup.
It's worked out before, so why change now?
06-04-2015, 18:26   #1508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodin View Post
It's worked out before, so why change now?
It all depends on how many ballots they can stuff; Blacks, Latinos, Natives Jews and women they can disenfranchise; and how many of their own people they can get to count the remaining "proper" ballots.
06-04-2015, 20:43   #1509

It has to be said that I don't like the idea of Hilary Clinton as the CIC much. There's a steely edge there that I wouldn't like to see given a free run, particularily in the middle east. Opposed to the 'Bomb Iran/Ban Abortion/I speak to Jesus' crew, she's obviously the sane option, but still.
Advertisement
07-04-2015, 10:31   #1510
robindch

Oops.

Republican ‘Abstinence-Only’ Crusader’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07...r-is-pregnant/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicting Info
A Republican lawmaker who promoted legislation to teach “abstinence-only” sex education in schools announced that his own unmarried high school-aged daughter has gotten pregnant. Bill Cassidy, a state Senator from Louisiana released a statement to NOLA.com announcing that he was to be a grandfather and expressing his support for his daughter during this “challenging” time:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cassidy
“Earlier this year, Laura and I learned we will become grandparents this summer. Our children have been the greatest blessing of our lives and we welcome our grandchild as a joyous addition to our family. Our daughter now faces a more challenging future than her peers. She has our unconditional love and support.”
Cassidy has made a name for himself as somewhat of a “abstinence-only” crusader. Last year, he co-sponsored the Abstinence-Only Reallocation Act, which would award grants and special funding to public and private schools which stuck to teaching only abstinence instead of a more comprehensive lesson plan on sexual behavior. The bill, authored by perennial bad ideas machine Sen. Lindsay Graham (R-SC), has been tabled in Congress, but Louisiana teens aren’t in the clear.

Despite efforts by some legislators to address this problem, Louisiana is one of the leading abstinence-only promoters in the country. In roughly one-third of all schools in the state, students are taught exclusively abstinence. No safe sex. No birth control. Nothing but “Don’t do it.” And you know how good kids are at listening to adults when they tell them not to do something…

It might explain why Louisiana currently has the 6th highest teen pregnancy rate in the nation. And while most of the country has been seeing major declines in teen births, Louisiana’s has hardly changed. Now, it appears Cassidy’s own daughter contributes to those statistics.
Good to hear that his daughter has his unconditional support, but one wonders whether his views on the uselessness of abstinence-only will change.
(3) thanks from:
07-04-2015, 15:46   #1511
robindch

And here's number two - Ron Paul, son of Rand Paul.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32197054
07-04-2015, 16:01   #1512

Quote:
Originally Posted by robindch View Post
And here's number two - Ron Paul, son of Rand Paul.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32197054
Rand is the son of Ron, who begat etc. etc. - they are a couple of wingnuts though.
(4) thanks from:
07-04-2015, 17:11   #1513
robindch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoShedsJackson View Post
Rand is the son of Ron, who begat etc. etc. - they are a couple of wingnuts though.
Damn. My fingers lost interest as soon as they hit the keyboard. Can't think why.
07-04-2015, 17:24   #1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by robindch View Post
Oops.

Republican ‘Abstinence-Only’ Crusader’s 17-Year-Old Daughter Is Pregnant

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07...r-is-pregnant/

Good to hear that his daughter has his unconditional support, but one wonders whether his views on the uselessness of abstinence-only will change.
This shows the hypocrites these types are. The whole 'conservative' thing smacks of hypocrisy as it is always about pretending to be something whiter than white when they actually have a huge amount of baggage. Mrs Brown would be more conservative than any of them actually!!!
07-04-2015, 17:46   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoShedsJackson View Post
Ron "I am not against but not precisely for the gays" Paul.....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion