Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2009 Regular Season Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Gas stuff..we can't hit a reliever making his first start then get 3 off one of the best closers in the game.

If arod ever juiced in this park he'd hit a gazillion homers to right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

What a masterclass in mediocrity the Blue Jays turned into overnight.

God this is torturous.

Ugh warning track shot there from Ortiz with bases loaded gave me a scare!

Has mlb.com been terribly slow for anyone else over the past few days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Was a bit hoppy for me last night now I have to say, but it may have been my Internet connection. I'll keep tabs.

It actually turned out to be a virus on my desktop. Sorted now!

Nice performance last night by the Jays showing they're not done yet. Bizarre 7th inning from Doc though!?

Anyone else infuriated by the new ultrashort condensed games?

Hehe...offence helped Roy's run at the Cy Young last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Outstanding performance from Jon Lester tonight who recorded a complete game and retired the first 19 batters, as the Red Sox beat the Rangers 8-1.

Lester was perfect through 6 innings, with 10 strikeouts. With one out in the seventh, Michael Young hit a double to break up the perfect game. Lester walked a batter in the seventh and another in the ninth, before Young got his second hit of the night. Andruw Jones hit a sac-fly to centrefield to score Elvis Andrus, before Lester got Nelson Cruz to fly-out to end the game.

Lester threw 107 pitches tonight, with 72 strikes and 35 balls, with 2 hits, 2 walks, and 11 strikeouts. A great performance as the Red Sox go clear on top of the AL East as the Rays scored 4 runs off Mariano Rivera in the top of the ninth to beat the Yankees 9-7.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Doc was inspiring today. Why can't he pitch every day? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭juvenal

Great win for Boston tonight, shutting out the Yankees in a rainy Fenway, with Beckett pitching through six giving up one hit and striking out 8.

Burnett had a rough time, only last 2.2 innings before being pulled.

Ortiz hit a two-run shot in the second, and Nick Green added a solo shot in th 7th. Young Daniel Bard came out in the ninth and started throwing serious heat, retiring Teixeira, A-Rod and Cano in order to close out the game, with two pitches clocked at 99mph and another pair clocked at 100mph.:eek:

Blue Jays are also having a good night as they lead the Rangers 9-0 in the bottom of the 8th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mcowhey

Big game tonight for the sox to try make it 8 - 0 over the yanks which would be simply lovely. Sabathia on the hill should be interesting haven't seen him with the yankees yet.

Be very nice to see papi blaze one over the wall early in this game, i'd even take a sloppy single anything to try bring the mans confidence up. Either way gonna enjoy this one

Lets go Red Sox

• Registered Users Posts: 37,448 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And a homer for Big Papi makes it 1-0 as we speak heading into th bottom of the 3rd.

It's just getting annoying now at this stage :D

Have to say though if papi continues to think he needs a curtain call after each homer he'll find himself getting beaned very quickly.

Ugh Halladay out with an injury in the 4th..I hope its a day to day thing
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

LOL at the Mets.

Sea Devils wrote: »
    LOL at the Mets.

No LOL at the cubs. Check out bradley in these two plays

The second is a dinger

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5021327
    http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=5021327

Red Sox 8-2 over the Marlins. Ortiz had a two RBI single and a homer as well. Thats four HRs for him in his last nine games.

Daisuke:(

What is going on with him? Its gotten serious at this stage.

haven't a clue man he's on the DL now from what i gather, also heard last night during the braves game that he hasn't eon at Fenway since september i know he's prob only played four or 5 since then at Fenway but still

• Advertisement

That had to have been the most widely predicted DL trip ever. Think I read about a month ago that he'd be on the DL this week....*IF* smoltz were to fall apart I suspect he'll find the medicine water.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Tampa Bay getting absolutely brutalised.
    Mets game stopped for a bit due to rain back on now though, losing thank ****.

A huge win for the Sox against the Nationals last night.

On the pitching situation I think Smoltz is ready because I was expecting them to bring Clay Buckholz back up. He has been in seriously good form for the pawsox with an era of 1.93 in 12 starts.

Going to Boston next Friday for one night to watch Sox and Mariners. First class all the way. Pilot mates ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭Hynzie

Santana looked alot better for the Mets today against the Cards. Hopefully hes coming out of that little slump.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Going to Boston next Friday for one night to watch Sox and Mariners. First class all the way. Pilot mates ftw!

can i be the first to say jammy git

mcowhey wrote: »
    can i be the first to say jammy git

Have tickets for the infield grandstand...Halladay jersey and Jays' cap will be worn with defiance! Looks like it's Wake vs Felix. I'll settle for that!

Howd you get the ticks zuu?

Been tryin to get tickets to A's @ Sox for the end of july but cant use stubhub outside us

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Howd you get the ticks zuu?

Been tryin to get tickets to A's @ Sox for the end of july but cant use stubhub outside us

Not sure...my mate just told me he had two...unfortunately they're 2 seats apart, but hopefully we can shuffle some people around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

The All-Star Starting line-ups:

American League
    C Joe Mauer, Minnesota
    1B Mark Teixeira, NY Yankees
    2B Dustin Pedroia, Boston
    3B Evan Longoria, Tampa Bay
    SS Derek Jeter, NY Yankees
    OF Jason Bay, Boston
    OF Ichiro Suzuki, Seattle
    OF Josh Hamilton, Texas

National League
    C Yadier Molina, St. Louis
    1B Albert Pujols, St. Louis
    2B Chase Utley, Philadelphia
    3B David Wright, NY Mets
    SS Hanley Ramirez, Florida
    OF Ryan Braun, Milwaukee
    OF Raul Ibanez, Philadelphia
    OF Carlos Beltran, NY Mets

The Cards have a few hometown starters in there.:)

Advertisement