Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Examinations Superintendent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Qwerty2018 wrote: »
    Just a quick question!

I got placed in a school last minute today that is 98km away according to google maps but this takes me on ridiculous back roads! If I choose going by motorway it’s 1 minute longer and the distance is 104km. I am just wondering will I get overnight pay if I write down the motorway distance?

I do not want to start paying for a hotel if I will not be reimbursed for it!

Thanks

......had a similar issue myself calculating my mileage.....route planners send me the most direct route over mountains,single track boreens & “restricted roads”......I scoured the handbooks and found the phrase that a “safe & practicable” route should be taken.....I intend to attach evidence of such on my claim sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Still no advance payment. Finished since Tuesday! I called and they said its due to PAYE modernisation whatever that means. I've a feeling I won't be seeing it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

Still no advance payment. Finished since Tuesday! I called and they said its due to PAYE modernisation whatever that means. I've a feeling I won't be seeing it for a while.

Did you send the prsi form back to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Did you have to pay your attendant out of your own resources then?

Did you send the prsi form back to them?

I sent everything back yes, it is a problem on their end they told me.
    gaiscioch wrote:
    Did you have to pay your attendant out of your own resources then?

Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Yes!

That's a very, very big assumption for the SEC to make. I wonder what they'd do if the superintendent hadn't the money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

USed you get the advance payment taxed before. I seem to remember they give you the bulk amount and then you can pay the attendant, then they deduct the tax in the final payslip. Was that right?

Why doesn't the attendant just get it directly off the SEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

I just got my final payment information in the post this week, but I’ve noticed a mistake on it. It states that a €600 advance was deducted, however the advance that I was actually paid on 11th June was only €312. I’ve emailed them about it.

Did anyone come across anything similar?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

You were probably taxed on the 600

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

Aquals wrote: »
    I just got my final payment information in the post this week, but I’ve noticed a mistake on it. It states that a €600 advance was deducted, however the advance that I was actually paid on 11th June was only €312. I’ve emailed them about it.

Can I ask what date you sent in your finance form? I would imagine they have to deduct the 600 because that's what they paid you regardless of tax deduction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

star_123 wrote: »
    Can I ask what date you sent in your finance form? I would imagine they have to deduct the 600 because that's what they paid you regardless of tax deduction.

I posted my finance form on Tuesday 11th June. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Aquals wrote: »

The €600 was taxed

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

sandyxxx wrote: »
    ......had a similar issue myself calculating my mileage.....route planners send me the most direct route over mountains,single track boreens & “restricted roads”......I scoured the handbooks and found the phrase that a “safe & practicable” route should be taken.....I intend to attach evidence of such on my claim sheet

Hi Sandyxxx. My friend is having an issue with this. They are sending her on back roads from her school to Athlone as the shortest route. It is not a safe travel route. Could you tell me what handbook you found the safe& practicable route in. Thanks.

ccazza wrote: »

Hi Sandyxxx. My friend is having an issue with this. They are sending her on back roads from her school to Athlone as the shortest route. It is not a safe travel route. Could you tell me what handbook you found the safe& practicable route in. Thanks.

It was under the claiming your payment section in either the general instructions or handout that you send back in the stationary box to the SEC!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

It was under the claiming your payment section in either the general instructions or handout that you send back in the stationary box to the SEC!

You didn’t take a screen shot of it did you?

ccazza wrote: »

You didn’t take a screen shot of it did you?

No but if you google the phrase “shortest practicable” you will see it appear in circulars for public sector,HSE etc!

It might originate in this circular from 1982!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 star_123

Has anyone received payment for superintending yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

30 working days from receipt of expenses form.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

star_123 wrote: »
    Has anyone received payment for superintending yet?

Thanks for the reminder I totally forgot to fill it in.. must find it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    30 working days from receipt of expenses form.
    Do other posters really get paid in 30 working days? I'm looking at 50+ at the mo and could really do with it. Emailed and pay modernisation was mentioned........... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

It’s normally spot on 30 days but this year appears to be different. Even my examiner advance was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Paid today. Finished 14th of June and. 24 days . Delighted as I normally go over 30 days and have to ring them.

I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Maybe more. I sent the payment form away the day we finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Teach30 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reminder I totally forgot to fill it in.. must find it now!

Are you joking?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Trekky77

Anyone else receive their payments over the last few days? I finished up on the 19th. Saw someone finished on the 17th that got paid.

Trekky77 wrote: »
    Anyone else receive their payments over the last few days? I finished up on the 19th. Saw someone finished on the 17th that got paid.

Not paid yet. Finished 19th too.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Are you joking?

No why? I often leave things like this for a few weeks. If I don’t have it I can’t spend it and I’ve a few payments coming up so it works out for me. I had genuinely forgot about it though as I have been busy.

Trekky77 wrote: »

....ring finance with your centre no.,
    They will give you payment date,.....mine’s Friday🀞🀞

(finished 14th, received form 18th)

• Advertisement

Teach30 wrote: »
    No why? I often leave things like this for a few weeks. If I don’t have it I can’t spend it and I’ve a few payments coming up so it works out for me. I had genuinely forgot about it though as I have been busy.

It's just that anyone I know who does or has ever done the superintending does it because they need the money and would prefer to have it sooner rather than later.

But seriously though, send it in. I'm sure they can't refuse to pay you but I definitely read something about them wanting you to have the form in within 30days

Advertisement