Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43" 301.90e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭DopeTech

arrived this morn

took about 10mins to set up as it links via your phone so does ur wifi/ youtube account automatically. has netflix and amazon and took seconds to login in . it prompted me to install disney plus from app store straight away.

Pros: price very good for 43"
    colours look good and very little lag on google assistant button
    seems very amenable to sideloading stuff so ill play around with that
    great for games
    blutooth audio

cons:
    She has a fat arse, so if mounting on wall be aware of that
    Control is one like the firestick control, not my favourite
    playstore doesnt have virginmedia (missus insisted i dock it marks)

Overall as a telly for the bedroom its a great buy,

Virgin media play can be sideloaded but with that remote it's a bit clunky to use.

arrived this morn

took about 10mins to set up as it links via your phone so does ur wifi/ youtube account automatically. has netflix and amazon and took seconds to login in . it prompted me to install disney plus from app store straight away.

great for games
    blutooth audio

cons:

Virgin media play can be sideloaded but with that remote it's a bit clunky to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭podge3

Anyone manage to tune satellite on one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

Thanks for the reviews. Mine hopefully coming next Friday.

For those who already have it, do you experience an of the issues from the negative reviews podgeandrodge posted a couple of pages back?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

podge3 wrote: »
    Anyone manage to tune satellite on one of these?

i checked with an old pair of rabbits ears and it tuned in bog stations no bother, don;t have satellite so cant attest to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

arrived this morn

great for games
    blutooth audio

cons:

I have wifi problem with xiaomi mi box 4s. When I connect mi box and my xiaomi phone on wifi at the same time, wifi is disconnecting on mi box. And when I connect mi box and amzon fire tab on wifi at same time, everything is fine. I hope that tv does not have such issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

bondja80 wrote: »
    I have wifi problem with xiaomi mi box 4s. When I connect mi box and my xiaomi phone on wifi at the same time, wifi is disconnecting on mi box. And when I connect mi box and amzon fire tab on wifi at same time, everything is fine. I hope that tv does not have such issue.

Would it be anything to do with the WiFi channels? Your phone and the box might be on different channels. Switch both to 2.4Ghz and see do they connect

statto25 wrote: »
    Would it be anything to do with the WiFi channels? Your phone and the box might be on different channels. Switch both to 2.4Ghz and see do they connect
    My router is older model, and has only 2,4Ghz wifi, not 5Ghz. On old android box everything was fine.

Very cheap 55" xiaomi tv in Germany for 343.29e. but only in Germany, they don't send to Ireland.
    https://www.mydealz.de/deals/xiaomi-mi-smart-tv-4s-55-4k-uhd-triple-tuner-android-tv-90-fernbedienung-mit-mikrofon-prime-video-netflix-1580663

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My 32" warehouse Mi TV arrived this morning, ordered about a week ago. Supposed to have dead pixels but I can't see any. Total cost was €140.

Very impressed so far, system is very quick, remote good, pic good (haven't played with settings yet). Sound is really impressive from a small TV, best I've heard.

I haven't tuned it in yet to saorview or satellite but initial impressions are very good.

Just ordered one also for the bedroom, could you to me a favour please and check what the distance is between each "foot" on the bottom please as mine will be placed on a tallboy rather than wall mounted.

If the feet are wider apart than the width of the tallboy, I will have to consider wall mounting or else selling on at cost.

Cheers

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Just ordered one also for the bedroom, could you to me a favour please and check what the distance is between each "foot" on the bottom please as mine will be placed on a tallboy rather than wall mounted.

If the feet are wider apart than the width of the tallboy, I will have to consider wall mounting or else selling on at cost.

Cheers
    I have mine wall mounted so I'm not sure as the legs are at an angle when fitted.

Its 55 cm between the leg mounts so I reckon its probably 65ish cm to the outside of the legs.

I've had a good play with the TV now and have found the following.

Overall build quality seems good, although the TV is VERY light. I was a little concerned about Xiaomi's implementation of Android TV as their phones have little quirks but it is very good on the TV.

As previously stated, sound is very good and pic is also pretty OK (mine is 32" so only HD ready). Not really much info available on the best sound and pic settings but there is a guy on Youtube called "Techsingh" and he has a few vids on the best setup.

I have a few complaints, though. The first is the placement of the network connector. I think Xiaomi must have out-sourced the design of the TV to Stevie Wonder as the connector is directly under the VESA mount. My bracket would not fit at all without modification. It is the most ridiculous place to put it.

My other main complaint is the remote. It feels good in the hand and the buttons have a nice feel but there is a serious lack of features, particularly channel change. There is no direct channel change i.e. you use the "guide" to select channel. Similarly, I have found no easy way to change from antenna to satellite, you need to press numerous buttons to do so, very annoying. Also no pause, FF etc. While mine is the 32", the remote looks the same for all sizes.

I am quite happy with the TV for the bedroom and its well worth €140 but the remote would make it a deal-breaker as a main TV in the house.

I have mine wall mounted so I'm not sure as the legs are at an angle when fitted.

Its 55 cm between the leg mounts so I reckon its probably 65ish cm to the outside of the legs.

Thanks for that, measured the tallboy <510mm> across, so a bit short. I'll either do a manual readjustment of the feet myself (done this before, drill and small drill bit with a couple of self tappers) or I may place a sheet of acrylic/pvc on top of the tallboy which the TV could sit on.

Last option will be to wall mount, though my least preferred option.

Like you I also got a warehouse deal. €146 including the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Thanks for that, measured the tallboy <510mm> across, so a bit short. I'll either do a manual readjustment of the feet myself (done this before, drill and small drill bit with a couple of self tappers) or I may place a sheet of acrylic/pvc on top of the tallboy which the TV could sit on.

Last option will be to wall mount, though my least preferred option.

Like you I also got a warehouse deal. €146 including the delivery.

You could also get a stand that fits onto the wall mounting holes in the back of the tv to avoid wall mounting. similar to this one picked at random.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Universal-TVs-Height-Adjustable-Management-Holds-32-55-Height/dp/B075FN4GH5/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=vesa+stand&qid=1589285225&sr=8-8

brightkane wrote: »
    You could also get a stand that fits onto the wall mounting holes in the back of the tv to avoid wall mounting. similar to this one picked at random.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1home-Universal-TVs-Height-Adjustable-Management-Holds-32-55-Height/dp/B075FN4GH5/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=vesa+stand&qid=1589285225&sr=8-8

Brilliant idea, one I never would have thought of. Cheers BK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Brilliant idea, one I never would have thought of. Cheers BK

No worries, we got a 65" for the sitting room and didn't realize it didnt swivel on the stand like the previous tv.

Got one of these type stands and it works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Don't mean to change direction of the thread but quick question, When getting a TV of amazon DE/UK, Is it ok here to pickup freeview/Soarview tv

(Have both Freeview and Soarview on current TV but want to upgrade to larger and want to ensure it works like before)

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Don't mean to change direction of the thread but quick question, When getting a TV of amazon DE/UK, Is it ok here to pickup freeview/Soarview tv

(Have both Freeview and Soarview on current TV but want to upgrade to larger and want to ensure it works like before)

Not sure if this answers your question or not.
    i checked with an old pair of rabbits ears and it tuned in bog stations no bother, don;t have satellite so cant attest to that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Amazon UK has stopped shipping TVs to Ireland which is kind of sad coz they have some of the best prices to offer !

If it supports freeview, ideally it should support Soarview.

Amazon UK has stopped shipping TVs to Ireland which is kind of sad coz they have some of the best prices to offer !

If it supports freeview, ideally it should support Soarview.

I had no problems adding TVs to my basket and choosing Ireland as the delivery destination?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,914 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I had no problems adding TVs to my basket and choosing Ireland as the delivery destination?

Try to check out :):)...it would allow some of them smaller models but not all which are available for delivery in UK. E.g. there was a cracking 55 inch LG TV deal but got below even though item is sold by amazon !

Important Message
    There was a problem with some of the items in your order (see below for more information):
    LG 55UM7100PLB 55 Inch UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview Play - Ceramic Black (2019 Model) Amazon exclusive, with Alexa built-in

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

EDIT :- Looks like issue is only for few models...works fine for others !

Try to check out :):)...it would allow some of them smaller models but not all which are available for delivery in UK. E.g. there was a cracking 55 inch LG TV deal but got below even though item is sold by amazon !

Important Message
    There was a problem with some of the items in your order (see below for more information):
    LG 55UM7100PLB 55 Inch UHD 4K HDR Smart LED TV with Freeview Play - Ceramic Black (2019 Model) Amazon exclusive, with Alexa built-in

Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address. Learn more. You may either change the delivery address or delete the item from your order.

EDIT :- Looks like issue is only for few models...works fine for others !

Fwiw the ones I tried were sold via Amazon themselves.

There's another 32" model available for a bedroom etc on the warehouse deal atm if anyone fancied it.

€127 plus the delivery.

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07X35S11S/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_.XSUEbSAQNT2W

There's another 32" model available for a bedroom etc on the warehouse deal atm if anyone fancied it.

€127 plus the delivery.

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07X35S11S/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_.XSUEbSAQNT2W

Thanks, got the last one! Will do nicely in the bedroom!

DopeTech wrote: »
    Thanks, got the last one! Will do nicely in the bedroom!

Same as - I got the last one this morning, then this one came online too.

I originally had ordered yesterday at the full price but when I noticed the warehouse one this morning, plus my full price hadn't been dispatched I quickly ordered and cancelled respectively.

Something else I noticed, when I cancelled with amazon.de the funds were returned to my revolut card instantly, while having been debited yesterday.

I've cancelled stuff from Amazon UK before and it's taken a week for the money to come back to my revolut. Not sure why the delay on the UK side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

kennyt wrote: »
    I ordered this one too.
    Delivery date of 15 may though

Looks like these are shipping today finally... (55' from powerplanet)
    I have ordered 2 by mistake, thought the first one had cancelled and re-ordered.
    I had moved my credit card to new bank so transactions looked a bit different and didnt cop the original hold put on first purchase.

Looking forward to getting the tv now though...

Looking at the online reviews one guy seems to suggest that you may have to download an English language apk from gearbest or banggood to get an English language menu on the TV.

Anyone know if this is still the case or have you guys not had to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

I've had a good play with the TV now and have found the following.

Overall build quality seems good, although the TV is VERY light. I was a little concerned about Xiaomi's implementation of Android TV as their phones have little quirks but it is very good on the TV.

As previously stated, sound is very good and pic is also pretty OK (mine is 32" so only HD ready). Not really much info available on the best sound and pic settings but there is a guy on Youtube called "Techsingh" and he has a few vids on the best setup.

I have a few complaints, though. The first is the placement of the network connector. I think Xiaomi must have out-sourced the design of the TV to Stevie Wonder as the connector is directly under the VESA mount. My bracket would not fit at all without modification. It is the most ridiculous place to put it.

My other main complaint is the remote. It feels good in the hand and the buttons have a nice feel but there is a serious lack of features, particularly channel change. There is no direct channel change i.e. you use the "guide" to select channel. Similarly, I have found no easy way to change from antenna to satellite, you need to press numerous buttons to do so, very annoying. Also no pause, FF etc. While mine is the 32", the remote looks the same for all sizes.

I am quite happy with the TV for the bedroom and its well worth €140 but the remote would make it a deal-breaker as a main TV in the house.

I'm prevaricating over getting the 32", but it not being 1080p is giving me pause for thought, the TV it would be replacing is also 32" 720p, and the difference between that and a proper 1080p, let alone 4k, panel is marked. The issue is that the 43" is twice the price, and size might be a problem.

Does anyone know if Xaoimi might be doing a refresh or their telly's at any point actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Looking at the online reviews one guy seems to suggest that you may have to download an English language apk from gearbest or banggood to get an English language menu on the TV.

Anyone know if this is still the case or have you guys not had to do this?

My 43" arrived on Wednesday and i set it up in English no problem. TV seems great for the money.

Only thing i cant figure out is scanning the satellite channels, you cant seem to select Ireland or UK as a region and so it defaults to the wrong satellite, im sure its resolvable but haven't figured it out yet. Saorview setup was a breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

My 43" arrived on Wednesday and i set it up in English no problem. TV seems great for the money.

Only thing i cant figure out is scanning the satellite channels, you cant seem to select Ireland or UK as a region and so it defaults to the wrong satellite, im sure its resolvable but haven't figured it out yet. Saorview setup was a breeze.
    Did it have Netflix preinstalled and available on the home menu?

Advertisement