Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considering switching to Eircom(when will Fibre be avaiable to me)

• 23-02-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Hey! I'm currently with vodafone, but due to their price increase I have an option to cancel the contract with I intend to do, the service has been poor anyway.

I'd like to know when I can get fibre in my house, it's available to a lot of homes in my area except mine. The only cabinet that isn't live in my area is CNE1_E01.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hey! I'm currently with vodafone, but due to their price increase I have an option to cancel the contract with I intend to do, the service has been poor anyway.

I'd like to know when I can get fibre in my house, it's available to a lot of homes in my area except mine. The only cabinet that isn't live in my area is CNE1_E01.
    Hi IrishGrimReaper

To check the most acurate information on this it would be great if you could PM me your land line number or specific address please?

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I have sent you a PM with the info. Thanks.

I have sent you a PM with the info. Thanks.
    Hi IrishGrimReaper

I'm really sorry to confirm that eircom will be unable to offer you efibre. Your line is not cabled through the VDSL cabinet, I've asked operations for reasons why and they have advised me that they will be unable to offer me the infrastructural reasons for this.

I asked efibre operations if it's likely you can be connected to CNE1_E01 however they have advised me that a speific request for such network ammendments will not be taken and until CNE1_E01 is actually live we will not have more news on this for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience, I really do wish I could offer you better news

Cheers
    Al

Wow, well that sucks..

Edit:Thanks for finding out for me though/

Wow, well that sucks..

Edit:Thanks for finding out for me though/
    No worries IrishGrimReaper

Really wish I could have offered you better news

AL

• Advertisement

Hey. It's been a few months now and I'v been with Eircom since a week after the original date on this thread. I'm looking if I can get a further follow up on this and check again. My next door neighbour who is physically on the same phone line/pole and should be 100% identical to our house have been getting fibre for a few weeks now.

Surely there has to be a way I can get it too.

Hey. It's been a few months now and I'v been with Eircom since a week after the original date on this thread. I'm looking if I can get a further follow up on this and check again. My next door neighbour who is physically on the same phone line/pole and should be 100% identical to our house have been getting fibre for a few weeks now.

Surely there has to be a way I can get it too.
    Hi IrishGrimReaper

I will look in to this again and get back to you as soon as I have more information

Thanks
    Al

Thanks, I look forward to you reply.

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

Sorry for butting in, but I'm looking to get connected too. Could you tell me what is available to me at my location? PM sent to eircom:Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Sorry for butting in, but I'm looking to get connected too. Could you tell me what is available to me at my location? PM sent to eircom:Alan
    Hi Creeping Death

Would you like to PM your full address or tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Creeping Death

Would you like to PM your full address or tele no & I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Tony
    PM sent, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Creeping Death

Thanks

Tony
    PM sent, thanks.
    Hi Creeping Death

I have just responded to your PM.

Thanks

Tony

Awesome!! I did the line checker today and it's enabled at my house now. Thanks a lot buddy! now how do I actually get it in?

ycemw67.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Did you try clicking "see all eircom bundles" and selecting what you want? BTW was there a link to tell you what your line speed would be?

jd wrote: »
    Did you try clicking "see all eircom bundles" and selecting what you want? BTW was there a link to tell you what your line speed would be?
    Every time I tried that, it said 
    [font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']"Sorry but we can't determine the broadband speed for this number"[/font]

It then gives a phone number to talk to one of their agents, so I figured I'd try here. Unfortunately, fibre isn't available to me yet, so I'll just rethink my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

You could try searching by your address as well.

Scary thread,  IrishGrimReaper meets Creeping Death :)

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']"Sorry but we can't determine the services available at this address"  [/font]
    I'm beginning to think I'm in a bad area :rolleyes:   I just checked my neighbours phone number there too, can't determine that either.  It's ok though, I'll just phone them maybe in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

I would stay away from Eircom on principal. There was a caller on Liveline recently who had a bill of €3,000 for mobile broadband. They and Meteor have had countless customers in similar situations with extortionate bills. They are a company who don't care about customers. 

I would imagine that since Eircom own the phone lines, another provider would be able to provide efibre too.

Awesome!! I did the line checker today and it's enabled at my house now. Thanks a lot buddy! now how do I actually get it in?

ycemw67.png
    Hi IrishGrimReaper

You can order it via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow - online at eircom.net or by calling our sales team on free phone 1800503303

Cheers

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement