Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PAYG question

• 28-05-2015 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hello,

A few weeks back I mailed customer support about my account. I am in arrears for about €400 right now and am trying to clear it, it was suggested I get a PAYG meter installed to help me clear this and thought it was a good idea.

I was then told to mail payg@electricireland.ie however I have not heard anything back after sending that mail.

I do not have a phone in my house so cannot ring either, can you please help me with ordering PAYG for my home?

I am the house owner so no landlord. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi salamanca22,

Thank you for your message and interest in Pay As You Go.

There are a couple of questions we have for you. Can you please clarify if you are referring to gas or electricity? Did you check your spam and trash folders for any responses?

The normal procedure, where a customer has arrears on their account and wants to get the meter to help bring this down, is that the relevant department would call you to discuss the terms and conditions. If you were eligible they would supply your contact number to the company that installs these meters for us and they would need to contact you to arrange the installation. We would also require a contact number just in case the technician has difficulty locating the property or is going to be late on the day of installation. We do not require a landline number but a mobile phone number would suffice.

If you would like us to check the situation on your particular account, please send us a private message with your name, account number, address and date of birth or email address. We can only deal directly with the account holder.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement