Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

double room and single room sizes

• 15-01-2019 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

hi ,

can anyone tell me what the size a standard decent single room and double room would be for Dublin house ( a range)

viewing numerous houses and some houses saying a single room is a double room room.... without wardrobes fitted etc...

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The only rules I am aware of:
    * If it is a new property, the local council will have design standards in their development plan on minimum floor areas for single / twin / double rooms.
    * The Housing Acts specify room volume (not area) at which point a room becomes overcrowded.
    * For hotel, guest house, etc. rooms, there are specific detailed rules, e.g. you have to be able to get into a double bed on either side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinob50

Have been renting in Dublin for a few years now. Not sure on 'standards' but seems if they can squeeze a double bed into a room its classed as a double if not then single

• Registered Users Posts: 8,347 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

I would class it as the ability to walk around 3 sides of a bed for a double room.

There are no standards set but traditionally in Ireland if the bed fits then it is a double but that applies to everyone not just rentals. It is a bit optimistic to have rental properties above the standard of the actual housing stock in the country.

If you want to make the housing crisis worse bring in such legislation to define everything and up the standards.

Advertisement