Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Selling on Ebay

• 27-08-2018 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. I'm having a complete clear out of Clothes, Books etc. recently engaged and decided i cant hold on to stuff anymore.
    So i have added about 100 items on ebay. The issue im having is the postage. A lot of the products im selling im using national postage to Ireland only and not tracking the item.
    I'm using the handbook provided from the post office and weighting the items at home to get the cost of shipping.
    1: Should I provide tracking, if so some of the items will be crazy expensive and wont sell.
    2. Is there another alternative (cheaper) way of posting within Ireland, ie another company that's easy to use.
    3. If i don't provide tracking, can i display a message in the description that im not responsible if item gets lost/undelivered etc.
    4. Would you recommend I provide international shipping. Is there any complications that may arise if i don't track item, or should i for international shipping always track item.
    5. How do i get people to follow/like my shop

Thanks in advance, really appreciate any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

sugarman wrote: »
    I never sell without tracked postage.. all a buyer has to do is start a dispute to say they never received the item and they'll get the item and their money back as you have no proof of ever sending the item. PayPal/eBay almost always side with the buyer.

I'd also sell international, at least Ireland / UK.
    Is there much of a difference in pricing? Just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Are u near the Border?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭NOVA MCMXCIV

sugarman wrote: »
    Between registered and unregistered? Yeah a fair bit. Depends on the weight and size of each item but your talking probably 40-50% dearer.
    I suppose it's worth it, ultimately – negative feedback would be horrible to deal with. Plus I suppose, a good buyer would understand the need for tracking – I know I do. There are some ruthless b******'s out there, on eBay like. I started selling recently too – I've decided right now this minute, only registered from now on! So thanks to you – and the OP, for raising the issue...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 red dress

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Are u near the Border?

About 45mins away. Not really an option as it's only small items I'm selling. Wouldn't be worth the petrol money.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi red dress, welcome to Boards. The Online Buying & Auctions forum may be one of the better places for this particular query.

• Advertisement
Advertisement