Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Carton Wood - Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭westsider

NM123 wrote: »
    We hadn't heard this yet...very disappointing...we have been in touch with developer recently as we received the deadline to submit changes, but there was no mention of another push out. we will also have to push bank for a mortgage extension too
    Yea it was when we were in contact about the changes that I asked the question about completion dates. We were becoming worried as the base isnt even down for our house yet so that's why I asked. It's very stressful to be honest, I hope they really do mean November now and not any later!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lexi77

My variation deadline was back in February!!And there was no mention then of any delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AshlingV123

Myhome.ie still says phase 2 is launching in May 2017. I was advised this has been pushed out until September. Has anyone heard anything different?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Quintis wrote: »
    How do people find Anthony Neville to deal with?

I haven't had dealings with Anthony Nevilles but I find Savilles hard to deal with. I have been to many show homes and find dng and Hooke and McDonald great. They don't want people queuing as it's bad publicity. I feel that Savilles want people queuing and like the media attention. They won't really give any information and seem quite secretive about dates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

[QUOTEI have been to many show homes and find dng and Hooke and McDonald great. They don't want people queuing as it's bad publicity.[/QUOTE]

do you have any better & fair solution other than queuing ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

Take the names of people who are interested and then once the houses become available ring up and book them. That's what all the other estate ages seem to be doing. The only article that was printed about people queuing was properties Savilles were selling. Friends of mine bought in beech park in lexilip last weekend and when they went to que on the Friday the estate agent took there details and sent them away and then gave them first preference when they arrived Saturday. Do you not think that's better than people camping in their cars??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 LeeC1990

Has anyone who bought in November been told when they can expect to get into their house? We were originally told March, then middle April, then end of May and now we've just been told its been delayed but there has been no mention of a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PDiddy87

LeeC1990 wrote: »
    Has anyone who bought in November been told when they can expect to get into their house? We were originally told March, then middle April, then end of May and now we've just been told its been delayed but there has been no mention of a date.

The last we were told is the building works should be finished mid-late June. And everything will depend on the work happening on the dunboyne road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ireland245

hi,
    we have now been told expected completion of our house will be late October, originally it was scheduled for completion in May/June.
    I have heard the developer is planning to release houses in Phase 1 in two seperate stages. Does anyone know what number houses will be released in Phase 1a?
    thanks

ireland245 wrote: »
    hi,
    we have now been told expected completion of our house will be late October, originally it was scheduled for completion in May/June.
    I have heard the developer is planning to release houses in Phase 1 in two seperate stages. Does anyone know what number houses will be released in Phase 1a?
    thanks

Did you buy house in November or February launch? That's a big delay any particular reason given for the delay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

[QUOTE=Phase 1a?
    [/QUOTE]

Phase 1a?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 NM123

Hi, has anyone who bought in the first phase received a concrete completion/snag date yet?

I was informed there would be a site meeting yesterday, friday so I could expect an update early next week. Looks like the pipework that seems to have caused the delays may be sorted. Drove along the dunboyne rd and it's been resurfaced..

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brd123

Was told today that should be ready for snag at the end of August/ start of September

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

Brd123 wrote: »
    Was told today that should be ready for snag at the end of August/ start of September

Just wondering if you bought in November or Feb launch? We've yet to receive a snag/completion date..

House was from November launch

When you purchased what month did they tell you it would be ready. I bought in the pre launch in Nov and was told April for my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 member2017

Fingers crossed the date doesn't change again!

Is your house currently built? Ours is up so just trying to get an idea on completion. Not getting a lot of information from Anthony Neville or Savills at the moment...

member2017 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the date doesn't change again!

Is your house currently built? Ours is up so just trying to get an idea on completion. Not getting a lot of information from Anthony Neville or Savills at the moment...

Yep house is built and looks pretty finished from the outside prob a bit to do on the inside

I was talking to the foreman on site the beginning of May. They were skimimg the walls then....electrician told me he was due to do 2nd fixing after Easter.. i understand the pipework delayed things but surely they should have continued on with the original schedule??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I would guess it was a case of diverting finances. Funds possibly being released in blocks by whoever was financing the development.

We have bought in Feb Phase and received an update last week that it has now been pushed to early Dec

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ireland245

We purchased in Feb and were told by Savills it be completed by June at the latest.
    Told by Anthony Neville it is projected to be completed late October and they will be releasing houses 1 by 1.
    Reading comments above, it doesnt look like the first houses will be released until September, so i anticipating our completion date will be pushed again. I would presume they would release in sections as to block off areas in the estate to ensure residents don't drive down to where constructing is ongoing?
    Has any encountered any problems from the Banks if you extended your mortgage offer??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 james214

Lexi77 wrote: »
    I was talking to the foreman on site the beginning of May. They were skimimg the walls then....electrician told me he was due to do 2nd fixing after Easter.. i understand the pipework delayed things but surely they should have continued on with the original schedule??

I'm in similar agreement with you. We purchased late Oct/early November and were told end of April/early May completion. Since there is was no blocking issues with the building of the house, the house should have been completed by then, regardless of any water surfacing/piping issues!

Can I ask how you got in contact with the foreman? We are not getting any straight answers from our contact at AnthonyNeville...

james214 wrote: »
    I'm in similar agreement with you. We purchased late Oct/early November and were told end of April/early May completion. Since there is was no blocking issues with the building of the house, the house should have been completed by then, regardless of any water surfacing/piping issues!

Can I ask how you got in contact with the foreman? We are not getting any straight answers from our contact at AnthonyNeville...

I just showed up on site.. never got the guys name tho

Any update on snagging dates etc for Phase 1. I presume they are closing for builders holidays soon?

We carried out our snag at the end of June and we got told on Friday out re-inspection won't be until around 18th August!

We carried out our snag at the end of June and we got told on Friday out re-inspection won't be until around 18th August!

That's some time to complete any fixes! Does this align with the completion/move date which you are currently working towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Same as, snagged on the 29th of June and was informed the house would be available to re-snag the 18th of August, a full 7 weeks later. The house was not ready to snag in June, the outside had not been finished and some final fixtures inside were still to be completed.

We were initially told the house would be available in May, it is not looking like early September, getting really frustrating at this stage, communication is simply awful

• Advertisement

Yep, we found the same thing so there were a lot of things on our snag.

We were originally told our house would be ready at the end of March! And now it's looking like September at some stage. We are frustrated too because we had an apartment to sell and can't delay the sale any further. If they had been honest at the start we could have timed the sale of the apartment a lot better.

Advertisement