Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Level 4: Run, run fast -- the after hours weather thread

• 28-12-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭

Just for fun, carry on with this, I will get it started. The idea is, post as somebody else and pretend like there's weather coming.

D. Plorable said:

There is every chance of every chance. I am starting this thread now because otherwise I would have to start it then. This is now, and no other time is. Be on your guard. Something is coming.

Not Actually said:

I hate it when this happens on a weekend.

Mod. note -- can we please get back on topic? Thanks. This is the last warning until the next one.

Seen Everything said:

This won't be anywhere near as bad as you're saying. I mean, as bad as you will be saying.

Underground Weatherman said:

How come I never get gusts? I am well exposed to the top by a shaft two thousand feet deep. I can even see the sky at noon on the summer solstice.

Dieter O'Connell PhB said:

In my vast experience, I have never seen anything quite like anything, nor would I wish to.

Bumphrey Hogart said:

We're ready down here in Mulligatawney Bay, bring it on.

Master of Deception said:

By my reckoning, this will all be over by Monday and then we can see who was right. In the meantime, assume I am.

Scared by Least Noise said:

I am scared by the least noise. Really, just when I typed this and heard the keyboard clicking, I was quite frightened.

All Day on Wetterzentrale said:

You won't believe what the 09z Estonian says about 192h.

Get Me A New One said:

(quote: "blah blah 192h")

Tell us, don't keep us in suspenders.

Ka'nt Typ eto Sav emyf 'inl Ife said:

In Glaway nwo, wtare a;wrdx comes. Over wall in 2 carp ark.

Won't Reveal Location said:

Windy as I've ever known it here. Pubs closed. No buses.

Nacho secundo said:

Get a grip on yerself, WRL, this is just a light breeze.

Frank Lee-Bored said:

This is no Hurricane Desmond. Now that was a storm. Came out of nowhere. Killed thousands. Back in 1972 it was, or 1894.

Uncertain of Actual Location said:

I blame MT for this, he said only the south, but I'm getting it and I am certainly not south, if anything, I'm southwest of south.

Mr. Eight Post Expert said:

I'm no expert but surely a 940 mb low two miles off the coast is no big deal?

Mr. Wind-Up said:

Where's the lull? I was outside and it wasn't lulling at all.

Maiden Voyage said:

Thanks for the warning, I have called my in-laws and told them not to set out.

Maiden Voyage's In-Laws said:

Thanks to Boards weather forum, we were hoping to catch a break.

:D carry on then :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Every single poster:

Is this gonna hit Cork? And at what time?

And:

Look at this cool earth wind / fire / raining frogs map that I, yes I found on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Lol at the poster called 'all day on wetterzentrale' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Oblivious to Irony said:

Only idiots post on the internet. You won't see me doing that.

Level 3.5 - flying trampoline alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Met eireann....
    Two feet of snow on the way for Tuesday 24th dec

Warning issued 25 th dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

Oblivious

Anyone else feel the earthquake at 4 this morning in West Cork?
    Nothing on Met Eireann about it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Funniest thing Ive seen on the weather forum in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Mayo john...
    snowim away here lads

Dulbin "meh"

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Baggage monkey said
    The Aer Arran willhave to divert to New York, the baggage milk float is sliding on black ice coming out of the baggage hall.

The Ethiad can't leave for Dubai, Health &Safety say it's too cold for the operator to go up in the bucket to deice it..

Santa is on his second attempt to land at the North Pole. Rudolph's Nose went off over Greenland, so the automatic sleigh landing system is unserviceable. If he can't make it this time he will have to divert to the South Pole, which will mean emergency in flight refuelling over Area 51.Residents near that area are to be given a level 5 red warning for even more sh★te than normal.

Co . Dublin is on a level 7 alert for a heatwave, the B*ll s**t shield has failed and too much hot air and hype has escaped

The mods are going into meltdown at the thought of having to issue infractions to over 1500 lurkers ffor not contributing to the fun

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

howye lads wat time wil de strm hit laois at lol???

• Advertisement

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    howye lads wat time wil de strm hit laois at lol???

what time would be best for you?

Jeju wrote: »
    Oblivious

you sure that wasn't de missus f**ting?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

GalwayStingFan1 :

Sting's jet has been diverted to Gort??? Wot does dis mean???

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Jeju

you sure that wasn't de missus f**ting?

Would be a grand fart; im in the spare room the last few nights!

Would be a grand fart; im in the spare room the last few nights!
    dat's wot you get for smokin in de bed:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Windyslacks: Ah lads, did you get the Isle of Man moved out of the way yet? I smell snow in the air and there is a TV licence inspector in Donegal forecasting a whiteout!

(Cue picture of map with giant middle finger pointed to IOM LOL)

I'm feelin suicidal. too much time....Too many keyboards. ......not enough weather.....

is there any hope of a cure?????....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Oblivious

ya we had a tsunami with 50m high waves in Cork this morning, but thankfully Roy Keane warned us 4 hours before it hit... gave us just enough time to build a 50m high flood wall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

Eric the believer said:

So do you have actual data supporting your assertion that last night recorded the deepest snow fall in your area this July?

its irrelevant that you are posting from your iphone while skiing down the M50 to pick the kids from summer camp.

My Opik said:

Can you tell me where Irish Steve has gone? I can't seem to locate any recent post of his. Thanks.

<mod snip>

• Advertisement

Otto Response said:

I know nobody can tell me, but what will the weather be like on February the twelfth of 2039? I might die then.

(edit) In Athlone, south a bit. Afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

When can I next expect some proper snow. Not just white but proper white. I promised my son I'd show him some real snow here in West Cork before the holidays are over. I'm sure the postman and the farmer Wheshht said it would come.

Heard Something Bang said:

Heard something bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

M.T. Cranium said:

The Cork snow shield is a myth.

Over the coming week, I forecast 3 feet of snow to fall on the city and county. It will start snowing at 10.23am exactly.

That Connacht Bee said:

I doubt it, three feet of snow could only start to fall in the afternoon surely?

Ken MacKillayuppee said:

Well I'm in Scotland and we regularly have three feet of snow every day and sometimes six, also we scoff at any wind less than 200 knots. And ye can quote me.

Ken MacKillayuppee said:

Well I'm in Scotland and we regularly have three feet of snow every day and sometimes six, also we scoff at any wind less than 200 knots. And ye can quote me.

Not Buying It said:

Okay, I quoted you. What's the next step? Don't say meet halfway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭Mech1

Doc Murphy said:
    MT must me on the happy pills this week,
    he;s gotta be joking about the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

That Connacht Bee said:

I doubt it, three feet of snow could only start to fall in the afternoon surely?

M.T. Cranium replies:

With the Cork snow shield myth being bust wide open, the gasp of relief from the Corkonians has added to the amount of atmospheric water vapour in the locality.

This increased atmospheric water vapour is rapidly ascending and cooling as it does so.

It will definitely fall as snow when the cooled water vapour adds to the water vapour alread present in the existing cloud cover.

Current conditions indicate that this will occur precisely at 10.23am exactly.

It can only start to fall at 10.23am as by afternoon the excess heat generated by all the computers in Cork (from persons asking "what time will it snow it Mayfield?" and "What time will it snow in Wilton?") would cause a shift in the critical conditions for snow to fall thereby causing vast levels of disappointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

ranDOMguy: My brother just got engaged to his girlfriend and they've already booked the Powerscourt Hotel for the reception. Can the experts here tell me what the weather will be like in Enniskerry the second week of June......2015??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement