Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Woohoo! Eventually got it!

• 24-08-2012 7:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the tips!

So what to get next ha ha?

BTW now I have realized the crap state of Dublin roads :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

PoleStar wrote: »
    Commute bike next. Then winter training bike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

BTW now I have realized the crap state of Dublin roads :(

People think the roads are bad when they're in cars. It's only when you get on a bike that you realise exactly how bad they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

(

Get rid of the pie plate and you need new pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MakeNine

Lovely bike. Got the Defy 2 myself not long ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

you goofed, always take the picture from the drive side :pac: congrats on the new bike and well wear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭kuro_man

you must have done at least 20k, time now to upgrade the wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

Ok, so in my innocence I had to look up "pie plate" (still wet behind the ears!). Anyway it's staying put for now.

I plan on getting pedals but I already went over budget so have to wait for approval from the accountant (read wife lol).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

you'll be needing a cage for the bidon, or you can carry it down your collar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭JMcL

People think the roads are bad when they're in cars. It's only when you get on a bike that you realise exactly how bad they are...

God be with the days in the late 90s/early noughties when the then corpo let any muppet that had access to a JCB dig up the roads willy nilly followed by dumping a big metal plate down over the resultant hole with the bizarre notion that that made for something resembling an acceptable road surface. Great fun when wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

quite surprised here. I expected to see one of these:
    x-poles.jpg

anyways, ride well!

• Advertisement

j@utis wrote: »
    x-poles.jpg

anyways, ride well!

Hmm perhaps you are in the wrong forum?

Anyway so I am thinking first purchase some cycle clothing. Next shoes and pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Get rid of the pie plate ...
    Ok, so in my innocence I had to look up "pie plate" (still wet behind the ears!). Anyway it's staying put for now. ..
    And quite rightly! As I said to bikesnobnyc a couple of years ago:
    "Excellent! Hadn't taken mine off my year-old road bike yet and had no idea how offensive it was. I will leave it to fester with pride."
    It's still there :cool:
    j@utis wrote: »
    pic of pole
    --I think [EMAIL="j@utis"]j@utis[/EMAIL] was just messing with your username :pac:

Enjoy the bike!

PS: bikesnob later relented on the Pie Plate Hate a bit, acknowledging the spiritual dangers of such, among other things

So I can keep my head high and leave the pie plate where it is yay!!

Advertisement