Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin neighbouring towns - where would you buy

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭jim-mcdee

Unshelved wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is thinking of moving to Skerries it has NEVER been a 30 minute minute commute by train to Dublin. In fact, with the introduction of the new train timetable in December what was once a 40 minute journey is now closer to 50 minutes. Factor in overcrowded trains and a 50-50 chance of getting a seat at peak time it makes a door to door commute of at least an hour (depending on getting to the station at both ends - it could be a lot more) and not a comfortable one either!

Still a nice place to live though!

50/50 chance of getting a seat on a train at peak times? I would say its more like .1 out of 100 if your talking coming from town. going in maybe 50/50 if your willing to trample the elderly and disable pregnant lady in front of you as so many do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

jim-mcdee wrote: »
    50/50 chance of getting a seat on a train at peak times? I would say its more like .1 out of 100 if your talking coming from town. going in maybe 50/50 if your willing to trample the elderly and disable pregnant lady in front of you as so many do

Depends where in town, I get on at Pearse and get seat 80% of the time, and not by pushing, just knowing where to go.
    From Connolly there are a few trains start there where you would definitely get a seat, otherwise not a hope.

Going in from rush/lusk (I think thats where talking about) I'd say rare enough, maybe a bit during summer. I get it from balbriggan and get seat most of time but and most do but by skerries a lot don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

It would be more the problem of trying find a house for less than 310k in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The train from Donabate would be even worse: getting a seat in the morning would be a 1/100 shot (though it's only half an hour or so to stand so I don't mind it too much).

Advertisement