Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Change Annual Leap Card Type...?

• 20-12-2018 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I've just (tax saver) ordered my first annual Leap Card as rail only. It's due to arrive tomorrow. However, I'm now thinking I probably should have ordered a rail and bus card.

I know the price would go up a little bit, but does anyone have any experience getting the type of their leap card changed like this, mid-year? I've searched around and can't get a clear answer anywhere.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

WetDaddy wrote: »
    I've just (tax saver) ordered my first annual Leap Card as rail only. It's due to arrive tomorrow. However, I'm now thinking I probably should have ordered a rail and bus card.

I know the price would go up a little bit, but does anyone have any experience getting the type of their leap card changed like this, mid-year? I've searched around and can't get a clear answer anywhere.

Thanks!
    You're not changing the leap card, so you may struggle to find information about doing specifically that. Rather you're looking to change the ticket loaded on it. Given that there are a few different means by which these can be bought you may be best to ask your employer/HR I'm afraid. I'm pretty sure in my place it would be a case of cancelling and getting a refund for the balance on the current ticket, and purchasing a new multi mode one for a future start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,239 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cython wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure in my place it would be a case of cancelling and getting a refund for the balance on the current ticket, and purchasing a new multi mode one for a future start date.
    Do this carefully. Perhaps ask about upgrading, as opposed to cancel & buy new.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Be aware that your leap card can still be loaded with travel credit for use on the bus. This may be useful if you only occasionally use the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Victor wrote: »
    Do this carefully. Perhaps ask about upgrading, as opposed to cancel & buy new.

To be fair, I wasn't suggesting the poster do this. Rather because my employer uses the same middleman for this as they do for bike to work, and since there is no HR or benefits presence in Ireland to actually have a face to face conversation with, or that might know someone in the vendor side, I personally wouldn't expect to get much satisfaction out of anything that might be seen as being outside the box, hence recommending that the OP contact the team in their own office. They may have a much superior setup, obviously (wouldn't be hard!)

Advertisement