Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is a cycle lane a cycle lane

• 26-11-2018 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

If there are no signs for it?

Solid white line and little man painted on the ground but no RUS signs.

Some bits shared with road and cars always parked in it.
    Some bits shared with footpath and people always walking in it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭buffalo

I don't think there's any such thing as a cycle lane for a start. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Is one third of the bus lane a cycle lane? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

^^^

Yep. The middle third for preference...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,263 ✭✭✭Macy0161

They all sound "perfectly good" to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭LennoxR

Parking in cycle lanes is an increasing problem in Dublin, that's all I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

from what i have found, both the sign and the marking must be present for it to be a valid cycle track

Where traffic sign numbers RUS 009 or RUS 009A and either RRM 022 or RRM 023 [cycle track] are provided, the part of road to which they relate shall be a cycle track.

RRM022 on its own (solid white line) means nothing and cars can drive/park in it all they want?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Let Victor know about this thread, he'll clarify.

Advertisement