Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage floor repair

• 11-07-2020 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

Parts of my garage concrete floor are in poor repair and crumbling away when brushed! There is no heavy load on the floor. Is there a product easily available which could be used to patch it up? I'd rather avoid resurfacing the whole floor for now.

1O2h6sH.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭vintcerf

would a self levelling compound not work here? that floor does not look like the himalayas so that product might be suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

Does self-leveling compound leave a hard enough finish to be a final floor? I haven't used it before, but came across it in a new build we had years ago which I was laying a floor on. It seemed quite soft. I could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

If you only want to reduce the crumbling form brushing you could put several coats of polybond on it, starting off with maybe 10% poly in water and work up to full strength for the last coat, letting each one dry

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

There’s a great site watco.ie that do concrete refinishing products. I’ve bought epoxy mortars from them before. Expensive and you have to factor in shipping from U.K. too, but might be an option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I think you'd be best off starting a new thread on this question. 👍️

• Advertisement
Advertisement