Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW35+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Why is Alonso suddenly not playing lads?
    He is very bad at football. He has been blessed to have the run that he did in that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    He is very bad at football. He has been blessed to have the run that he did in that team.

Bugger. Just bought him as a little luxury transfer, exactly 2 weeks ago.

Bugger. Just bought him as a little luxury transfer, exactly 2 weeks ago.
    Maybe you will get the Norwich game out of him next week. Feels like the sort of game that is just destined for him to be marauding up that left wing with no regard for anything else going on around him. I think if I had a free hit in GW36 he would be in my team as long as I made sure I had a playing sub on my bench.

I'd wait til GW37 to do that transfer out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Maybe you will get the Norwich game out of him next week. Feels like the sort of game that is just destined for him to be marauding up that left wing with no regard for anything else going on around him. I think if I had a free hit in GW36 he would be in my team as long as I made sure I had a playing sub on my bench.

I'd wait til GW37 to do that transfer out.

Cheers. I ditched Doherty instead anyway. Meant I could afford Doherty to Digne and Jiminez to Vardy.

Cheers. I ditched Doherty instead anyway. Meant I could afford Doherty to Digne and Jiminez to Vardy.
    Best of luck. I still don't know what I will do. I have to wait for the Ramsdale/Aurier/Lascelles/KDB injury news tomorrow. If all in order, there is an outside chance that I may still go Jesus to Vardy but I really don't think I will now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Also he can only run in 1 direction and it's away from his own goal which isn't the best trait for a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I brought in Vardy already for Auba but now I really want Salah but it would take a -8

So am thinking I could get around that by FHing this week. Will I really want Vardy after this week? Not really SU, Spurs United. But I will want Ings.
    I also won't want Salah against Arsenal and Chelsea

So looking at a FH team of

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Cresswell v Norwich

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »
    I brought in Vardy already for Auba but now I really want Salah but it would take a -8

So am thinking I could get around that by FHing this week. Will I really want Vardy after this week? Not really SU, Spurs United. But I will want Ings.

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Cresswell v Norwich

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

Thoughts?

Think thats a great FH team. Not sure Id double up on WH defence the only issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Rashford/Saka to Vardy/4.4 worth a -4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Have ended up taking a -8 cos I did two free early transfers this week, Auba to Vardy Saka to Pulisic. Subsequent events have me doing Mahrez to Salah and Rashford to Greenwood. Didn't want to get rid of Mahrez but Salah > Mahrez and Greenwood is a no brainer. Hope he is cheap next season!

• Advertisement

Think thats a great FH team. Not sure Id double up on WH defence the only issue.

I'm 0.1 short to stretch to Justin of Leicester

I could do a risky Eric Garcia + Williams (United) + Lamptey (Brighton) and hope one of the first two plays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Hard to make much progress at the moment with a lot of people having quite similar teams. The obvious move is to get Vardy in for Kane but I imagine a lot of players will have a similar plan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Cresswell v Norwich

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

Thoughts?

Would you have enough for United defender + Martinez instead of double West Ham?

Would you have enough for United defender + Martinez instead of double West Ham?

I have Maguire and Martinez in my current team but I’d be betting against Ings and I don’t really fancy that

Based on comments

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Garcia v Brighton
    (Lamptey v City back up)

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

I have Maguire and Martinez in my current team but I’d be betting against Ings and I don’t really fancy that

Based on comments

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Garcia v Brighton
    (Lamptey v City back up)

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

Alternative

Fab v Norwich
    TAA v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT) or AWB v Southampton
    Justin v Bournemouth

Antonio v Norwich
    KDB v Brighton
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

I think I prefer the first team

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Alternative

Fab v Norwich
    TAA v Burnley
    Justin v Bournemouth

Antonio v Norwich
    KDB v Brighton
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

I prefer that team
    I’d go with PVA
    I am considering him as my actual transfer in
    Aston Villa look like they might never score again !

km79 wrote: »
    I prefer that team
    I’d go with PVA
    I am considering him as my actual transfer in
    Aston Villa look like they might never score again !

Would you not be worried about TAA and/or KDB being rotated?
    Robbo got his rest this week
    Mane and Sterling will defo start

Would you not be worried about TAA and/or KDB being rotated?
    Robbo got his rest this week
    Mane and Sterling will defo start

You are going to run into this problem every week for now
    What you have to be careful of is not picking players you normally would who have an excellent fixture just because they might not play
    TAA and kdb fall into that category

Listen out to pep on kdb later all the same .
    However free hit can set some traps.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

James Justin in for Alonso I think. He looks dangerous going forward and Aurier got a huge amount of time and space on the right flank last night so think there's a decent chance of an assist and a cleany. My team is in good shape and I have 2 transfers and Alonso has to go so I'm happy to bring in Justin even if it's possible I only play him this one match (prob will play him in 36 too though).

Then I'm in two minds between banking, and taking a punt on Iheanacho. Would mean benching Foden. Seems kind of unnecessary as a transfer and rolling a free into next week would give me more wiggle room, and it's not like Foden is a bad option at all even if he comes off the bench. But Iheanacho is getting into great positions, he has an XG90 of 0.60 and really good returns. Would possibly cover me a bit against those who have Vardy if Leicester trounce Bournmouth.

Leaning towards banking right now. Would also give the funds to upgrade Foden to D.Silva which I might want to do at some point, he's looking very involved and you expect might play a bit more coming to the end of his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Greenwood in for Rashford - frees up funds to load up team for the bench boost chip in GW38

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I need help, Salah killed me this week. I have this front 8:

KDB - Foden - Bruno - Martial - Pulisic
    DCL - Vardy - Jimenez

I also have De gea, so 3 united players. I have used my FT this week but now I’m having thoughts of getting rid of Jimenez and Martial for Greenwood and Salah/Mané for a -8.

I am about 8 points up on my main league but will get killed if Liverpool clean up again since our teams are so similar but I’m without Pool cover. Does this make sense or should I leave the team as is for this week? Also, why is Mané so unpopular? Thinking of getting him over Salah and captaining since he was rested this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy a certainty I’d say.

Less of a certainty now I've slept on it!

Mahrez and Kane to Salah and Ings for a -4 is tempting. It's probably a week early (yeah, about 20 weeks to late I know!) for Ings, but he will surely match Kanes 2 points :pac:

Will Salah outscore Mahrez by 4 points?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Easy.

I brought him in 2 weeks ago. Followed by Mendy last week

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Easy.

I brought him in 2 weeks ago. Followed by Mendy last week

:)

Can you bring in KDB this week?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have the funds for Jimi/DCL out for Vardy/Ings for a hit. Might just pull the trigger on it
    The irony is that I sold Vardy and Ings to get Kun for the DGW

Alternative

Fab v Norwich
    TAA v Burnley
    Justin v Bournemouth

Antonio v Norwich
    KDB v Brighton
    Salah v Burnley
    Bruno v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

Another slight tweak on the first team

Originally Posted by Green&Red View Post

Based on comments

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Justin v Bournemouth

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Martial v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

I know it shouldn’t make any difference but Martial is playing better at home, would allow me Justin

Which teams do we think are reliable defensively for the runin? I may need to replace Aurier depending on the press conference so I’m looking at someone 5.2 or below who I’ll be able to just plug and play for the last 4 weeks without wanting to make any more defensive transfers after this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He was directly at fault for the West Ham winner 2 weeks back, 88th minute, didn't make any attempt to track Yarmalenko back, leaving the West Ham box they were alongside each other, by the time they got to the Chelsea box there was 40 yards behind him. Would be surprised if he ever plays for Chelsea again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Which teams do we think are reliable defensively for the runin? I may need to replace Aurier depending on the press conference so I’m looking at someone 5.2 or below who I’ll be able to just plug and play for the last 4 weeks without wanting to make any more defensive transfers after this point.

What's up with Aurier?

Wolves despite their downturn still look solid at the back and have reasonable fixtures. Leicester have a nice next 2 at least. It might depend on whetehr you want to play them every game or rotate them in

• Advertisement

Another slight tweak on the first team

Originally Posted by Green&Red View Post

Based on comments

Fab v Norwich
    VVD v Burnley
    PVA v v Villa (FH PUNT)
    Justin v Bournemouth

Antonio v Norwich
    Mane v Burnley
    Salah v Burnley
    Martial v Southampton
    Sterling v Brighton

Greenwood v Southampton
    Vardy v Bournemouth

I know it shouldn’t make any difference but Martial is playing better at home, would allow me Justin

Kdb and Fernandes could ruin you
    Whatever about kdb there isn’t a single doubt Fernandes will start
    And will probably be involved in whatever goals united score
    Be wary of FH traps ......
    I would question the amount of money you have spent on double pool mids tbh

Advertisement