Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Adidas veganize their classic trainers

Options
  • 16-06-2020 4:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

https://www.plantbasednews.org/lifestyle/-adidas-icons-go-vegan-classic-sneakers
    Adidas is launching vegan revamps of two of its classic sneaker designs.

The sportswear giant is launching its animal-free versions of the Samba and Continental 80 today (June 9) in the U.S., costing $80.

The shoes, which are part of Adidas' 'Our Icons Go Vegan' range, are made from a PU-coated recycled polyester upper.

Vegan Adidas Samba
    The vegan Samba comes in white with black stripes, and a grey T-toe. Describing the shoe, Adidas says: "A step in the right direction. The Adidas Samba shoes are no stranger to covering expansive ground.

"With the same look and feel as the original style, this version advocates for a better future with an entirely vegan design. The signature T-toe keeps them rooted in the soccer fields of the past."

Vegan Adidas Continental
    The vegan Continental comes in a classic white colorway with red stripe detailing. Adidas says: "The shoe that once found its rhythm in the packed fitness studios of the '80s makes some new moves today.

"These vegan Adidas shoes completely eliminates the use of animal products. So swap out the bold colors of the '80s and exchange them for a brighter future."

Some of their iconic shoes now in vegan:
    https://www.adidas.ie/search?q=vegan
    Your choices have an impact. They're part of your power. When it comes to the future, there's a lot to think about, but these adidas shoes help you keep stepping in the right direction. Made with vegan materials to advocate for a better future through the elimination of animal products. Look good. Feel good. Do good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

€99 euro for synthetic leather & only €60ish for the real leather version.

There’s other Adidas trainers with synthetic leather that go for €40-€50.

Stick the word “vegan” on it & up the price. I’ll pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

Yes, there is a premium for everything really that is marked 'Vegan'.

Hopefully that will change with time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    €99 euro for synthetic leather & only €60ish for the real leather version.

There’s other Adidas trainers with synthetic leather that go for €40-€50.

Stick the word “vegan” on it & up the price. I’ll pass.

I'm not sure I get you, the vegan and non vegan versions of the samba and superstar are the exact same price.

I'm not sure I get you, the vegan and non vegan versions of the samba and superstar are the exact same price.

Sorry, I was on about the continental 80 or whatever they’re called. They only ones I think are nice.

I should have stated that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah ok i didnt look at them cos i like the other ones :D Looking now they are the same price too, maybe there was a sale on one? They do sales a lot and often have sale codes on top of that. I have a 30 percent code atm for example if anybody wants, works on anything.

• Advertisement

Ah ok i didnt look at them cos i like the other ones :D Looking now they are the same price too, maybe there was a sale on one? They do sales a lot and often have sale codes on top of that. I have a 30 percent code atm for example if anybody wants, works on anything.

30% off?

I’d love that!!

Will PM you!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Jimi H

Oh I’d love this too

Jimi H wrote: »
    Oh I’d love this too

Sure!

They now have vegan Stan smiths.

• Advertisement

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    They now have vegan Stan smiths.

thanks id love these, and before they sold some for £250 (as they were a crossover with stella mccartney), good to see them available now at a more affordable price!

thanks id love these, and before they sold some for £250 (as they were a crossover with stella mccartney), good to see them available now at a more affordable price!

Yeah me too. I have a €30 one for all voucher I’ll put towards them.

You can use that with adidas site?! I have one too.

You can use that with adidas site?! I have one too.

No I doubt it. I was on about lifestyle or elverys. When they actually get them into stock.

Ah ok cool thanks

The vegan Stan smiths are down to €62 on the Schuh website. Down from €96

Here is a code to get it to €56 for the first person that wants. schuh133DB729-E69F-46E2
    I'd buy them but I have so many shoes waiting to be worn.

I had a problem with these after nearly a year (flamingos life) and they just gave me a new pair no problem. Great customer serice

ROSNIV_zapatillas_oblicua_2048x2048_1f9d8cf9-29e0-42c4-bf4b-5313895699aa_2400x.jpg?v=1562777706

Advertisement