Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what races likely too happen

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

S_D wrote: »
    Vittoria was cancelled today. Looks like Barca will probably get the bullet too

Patiently waiting on the plug to be pulled on Weymouth though a combination of Wait-and-see Boris and the famously charitable Ironman mean it'll be the very last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Ironman have rearranged Vitoria to October 12th so can't see why Barcelona wouldn't happen in that case.

while this is a nice glass half full post i think with parts of catalonia in a lockdown this is more a wishful thinking post that a mass event will happen in catalonia. its naturally ironmans goal to stage the races but i would not use ironman as an indicator what race will happen i would look at the numbers in the region.
    i guess at this stage i would think estonia and austria still to happen and races in france seem to have a good chance at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Hardman waterville going ahead this sat. They were hit with the curve ball of having to reduce numbers to meet the 200 cap. Hard situation to dealth but seems to have addressed and race is going ahead. While there was no doubt some disappointed people but at least Alan made his best efforts to have a race.
    Limited numbers left for the bantry half and hardman full.

Estonia updated yesterday to say they still plan to hold race however may cap numbers and looking to restrict people travelling from countries where virus not under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Hardman waterville going ahead this sat. They were hit with the curve ball of having to reduce numbers to meet the 200 cap. Hard situation to dealth but seems to have addressed and race is going ahead. While there was no doubt some disappointed people but at least Alan made his best efforts to have a race.
    Limited numbers left for the bantry half and hardman full.

Estonia updated yesterday to say they still plan to hold race however may cap numbers and looking to restrict people travelling from countries where virus not under control.

Good to hear Waterville is going ahead. Fingers crossed for the rest of the series. Celtic Warrior still going ahead as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Estonia as in the race Ironman were trying to force people into when they cancelled the race they'd actually entered?
    peter kern wrote: »
    while this is a nice glass half full post i think with parts of catalonia in a lockdown this is more a wishful thinking post that a mass event will happen in catalonia. its naturally ironmans goal to stage the races but i would not use ironman as an indicator what race will happen i would look at the numbers in the region.
    i guess at this stage i would think estonia and austria still to happen and races in france seem to have a good chance at the moment

Yep and then they cancelled Vitoria two week later. Pity I didn't do the race before Ironman took it over.
    Ironman have tonight sent everyone entered for Vitoria a cancellation email where they appear to have charged them €580 for cancelling...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Estonia as in the race Ironman were trying to force people into when they cancelled the race they'd actually entered?
    Yep and then they cancelled Vitoria two week later. Pity I didn't do the race before Ironman took it over.
    Ironman have tonight sent everyone entered for Vitoria a cancellation email where they appear to have charged them €580 for cancelling...

Surely anyone entered into Vitoria will be offered and automatic entry into same event in 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

Have to say Alan did a great job with the hand he was dealt for hardman waterville.
    No frills or bells and whistles but great event.
    Ran off super smooth. Was talking to a TI offical after and he seemed happy how it was ran.
    It's a proper 70.3 course and nowhere to hide on that bike course. Would be better if I could actually decent but great day out.
    Rolling start for swim meant you could get into without a punch up and spread it out nicely.

Great to read about Waterville. Hopefully he gets a better hand dealt in Bantry.

For me it Celtic Warrior this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

while it is fair to say that overall the return to tri will be tricky as numbers in many countries in europe are rising.

great to see the first irish race happening , and hopefully once analysed proper it will show to be save.
    we saw what i believe the first nat champs since corona outbreak this weekend in austria with all the top austrians plus blummefeld and ideen and some upcoming talent form germany

i think it was smartly organiced with 10 sec gaps between each swimmer and timing chips adjusted to the gaps. over 2 days i think the had 650 people racing i think over 4 races.

few swim run races as well in poland switzerland.spread over the weekend which is something that looks like to really catch on in europe. and is just easeir to organice without the roads managment constrains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭griffin100

Have to say Alan did a great job with the hand he was dealt for hardman waterville.
    No frills or bells and whistles but great event.
    Ran off super smooth. Was talking to a TI offical after and he seemed happy how it was ran.
    It's a proper 70.3 course and nowhere to hide on that bike course. Would be better if I could actually decent but great day out.
    Rolling start for swim meant you could get into without a punch up and spread it out nicely.

Delighted to hear this went well. Alan’s being running these sorts of no frills just get on with it races for 10 years now and hopefully some of those forced into entering due to a lack of other races will come back next year.

Looking forward to my trip to Kerry next month :)

• Advertisement

Hardman races have been on my bucket list of a while. If all goes well 2022 or 2023.

Advertisement