Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Triathlon Ireland Zwift Time Trial League

• 30-04-2020 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Anybody else signing up for this?

On the registration page, I'm being asked for my Zwift Username. Is this my own name, my email address, or my Zwift user ID?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

zico10 wrote: »
    Anybody else signing up for this?

On the registration page, I'm being asked for my Zwift Username. Is this my own name, my email address, or my Zwift user ID?

Am in. Its Zwift user ID afaik - what I gave anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

Do you need to have a power meter to take part?
    I have a basic turbo trainer. Have speed and cadence sensors but dont have power meter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

niallo32 wrote: »
    Am in. Its Zwift user ID afaik - what I gave anyway.

Did you receive an email from TI confirming your registration. I was half expecting one, but nothing came. I thought I'd be automatically registered, but that wasn't the case either. I didn't find my name on the start list though and I'm just after signing up for the event myself. I just hope I'm entered into the TI league. I don't think there's any restrictions on what category you can register in, but there's only A and D left. If you're in the same boat, you should probably investigate.

YoTaro wrote: »
    I have a basic turbo trainer. Have speed and cadence sensors but dont have power meter

I'm pretty sure it's possible to use Zwift without a power meter. But on TI's site they say you need one to take part in the league. I don't know if that is indeed the case. Sorry I can't be of more use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭okane1

YoTaro wrote: »

As with all Zwift races, you can take part without a power meter but you will DQ in the results as your power outpower will be virtual. Results are posted on Zwift Power who are the watch-dog for Zwift racing. Your name will not be listed on the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Did you receive an email from TI confirming your registration. I was half expecting one, but nothing came. I thought I'd be automatically registered, but that wasn't the case either. I didn't find my name on the start list though and I'm just after signing up for the event myself. I just hope I'm entered into the TI league. I don't think there's any restrictions on what category you can register in, but there's only A and D left. If you're in the same boat, you should probably investigate.

Don't think so, pretty sure just an on-screen confirmation. Don't think the categories matter at all in individual TT's - enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Good start for me anyway :) Held all time power records for 10 and 20mins according to training peaks and 414W for the 22:21! Loving Zwift lately! Started out a bit hot and suffered a lot as a result. Tried to work the little climbs and only afterwards realsied id the trainer difficulty off!

Bambaata wrote: »
    Good start for me anyway :) Held all time power records for 10 and 20mins according to training peaks and 414W for the 22:21! Loving Zwift lately! Started out a bit hot and suffered a lot as a result. Tried to work the little climbs and only afterwards realsied id the trainer difficulty off!

You're being too modest. Going faster than BMC in any sort of TT is a very, very good day in my book. Fair play. Maybe we can agree to go straight into a 5k TT run after the next one? I'm still searching for my dignity after round 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

You're being too modest. Going faster than BMC in any sort of TT is a very, very good day in my book. Fair play. Maybe we can agree to go straight into a 5k TT run after the next one? I'm still searching for my dignity after round 1.

Does it matter so much how one races n January which is where we effectively are at the moment?

peter kern wrote: »
    Does it matter so much how one races n January which is where we effectively are at the moment?

Well, it was enough to impress me whatever time of year it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

My season was built to peak for Easter so I've been flying since. I dont expect any racing this year so happy to enjoy the form whilst I have it, even went for a run today!!

Herself is due with our first at the end of May so I wont be doing near as much training for a while after that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Bambaata wrote: »
    My season was built to peak for Easter so I've been flying since. I dont expect any racing this year so happy to enjoy the form whilst I have it, even went for a run today!!

Herself is due with our first at the end of May so I wont be doing near as much training for a while after that!

congrats!!

the first is fine, loads of time for training still

it's the second on that kill training

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Well, it was enough to impress me whatever time of year it might be.
    I was talking about your dignity .
    Or in other words like most athletes I usaly look at results and guess where would i have finished . I looked at this and could not bother.to even be bothered to speculate .

Advertisement