Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Releases 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i'm enjoying your old droog 'transportation ' some nice beats and samples, 2nd album of the year too

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Benny The Butcher - The Plugs I Met

This is incredible. Absolutely incredible. Hard as f*ck.
    Amazing guest verse from Black Thought.
    Amazing guest spot from 38 Spesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Chicken George

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up!
    Now I have to check out all his previous sh¡t...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

One of my fav hard rap albums (on first listen) since Push dropped Daytona. Will definitely dig into the back catalogue of this guy a little.

Thought the intro skit was a little weird, it's a direct lift of a story/skit from a Dead Prez album albeit with a different voice. Wonder what the thinking behind that was.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you like Benny, you'll need to listen to all the Griselda stuff. So that's Benny, Conway The Machine and Westside Gunn.

Some excellent stuff from them. Hard as nails and will make you want to fight everybody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

5 to 50, what a song. Incredible EP!!

Not sure if anyone is into the spoken word side of things, but Kate Tempest released a new album called The Book of Traps and Lessons and it's really good.

I'm not normally a fan of it, but the way that Kate drifts over tracks works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I remember posting about Benny on here 2 years ago, glad he's starting to blow up

New Mach Hommy EP is dope as well, he's a long running feud with Griselda, drops a 7 track EP the same day as Benny, coincidence maybe

Bandana on Friday then Big KRIT 2 weeks after, happy days!

Not sure if anyone is into the spoken word side of things, but Kate Tempest released a new album called The Book of Traps and Lessons and it's really good.

I'm not normally a fan of it, but the way that Kate drifts over tracks works for me.

Nope. That sh¡t hurt my ears...

Different strokes for different folks 'n all that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭waynescales1

This Benny the Butcher gentleman should have been in the Boot Camp Clik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BlackRonaldo

If you haven’t listened to “Dave - Pyscodrama” you should. Best UK artist at the moment for me.

If you haven’t listened to “Dave - Pyscodrama” you should. Best UK artist at the moment for me.

agreed

Marlon Croft - Funhouse Mirror
    Check this out, seriously, check this out. Very very very good.

New Sheddars track
    https://soundcloud.com/shredddders/ayeyayaya

Joell Ortiz f/ Big KRIT
    https://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/album/monday

New Atmosphere video:

A reminder that Freddie Gibbs and Madlib Bandana is out today and you should drop everything and listen to it because holy f*ck it's seriously good.

Had a couple of listens to the Mike album , really good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

'Cataracts' on Bandana.

Good holy Lord

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Loving Bandana

Think im 1 of the few people that prefers Shadow of a Doubt and Fred's older stuff over Pinata, Freddie and Madlib knocked this out the park though, flows better beginning to end than any album I've heard in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,639 ✭✭✭buried

Madlib is total funking genius lads. This is where the main sample for Cataracts hits, the 1 minute 38 mark.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

Nas releasing the lost tapes 2 in 2 weeks!

here's the track list

01 No Bad Energy [prod. Swizz Beatz]
    02 Vernon Family [prod. Pharrell Williams]
    03 Jarreau of Rap (Skatt Attack) [ft. Al Jarreau and Keyon Harrold, prod. Eddie Cole]
    04 Lost Freestyle [prod. Statik Selektah]
    05 Tanasia [prod. RZA]
    06 Royalty [ft. RaVaughn, prod. Hit-Boy]
    07 Who Are You [ft. David Ranier, prod. Eric Hudson]
    08 Adult Film [ft. and prod. Swizz Beatz]
    09 War Against Love [prod. DJ Dahi and DJ Khalil]
    10 The Art of It [ft. J. Myers, prod. Pete Rock]
    11 Highly Favored [prod. RZA]
    12 Queens Woolf [prod. DJ Toomp]
    13 It Never Ends [prod. The Alchemist]
    14 You Mean the World to Me [prod. Kanye West]
    15 Queens Bridge Politics [prod. Pete Rock]
    16 Beautiful Life [ft. RaVaughn, prod. No I.D.]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭weemcd

Nas released a bit of one track that sounds very like the Life is Good album, think it's the Statik one.

Very excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭VW 1

I see J.Cole has released his Dreamville album, shall be giving it a spin on my run home this evening.

A reminder that Freddie Gibbs and Madlib Bandana is out today and you should drop everything and listen to it because holy f*ck it's seriously good.

I'd argue it's the bet album of the year so far

Nearly every track on this album is gold
    Loving this collab with Run the Jewels

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭melted_face

T. Hanks^ wrote: »

Nearly every track on this album is gold
    Loving this collab with Run the Jewels

"Maxine Waters , f**k your poison , keep your vaccines off us"

freddie gibbs is anti vax lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Madlib is just a beast, reminds me a little of RZA in his prime. The Wu should have one more go at an album and have Madlib produce the whole thing.

Grieves released an EP last Friday called "The Collections of Mr. Nice Guy", it's real nice.

Crescent Moon is in Big Trouble also recorded 3 of their live songs and have them available now as well
    https://crescentmoonisinbigtrouble.bandcamp.com/album/high-hopes?fbclid=IwAR2jRNjZnzZ653tHg9GJ-npUTyFv3RRR_Z1fpt6nfCkLKDGY5LBvXnAK2WI

MrMutha****in eXquire released his self titled debut as well, ain't listened yet, but high hopes for this one

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    I see J.Cole has released his Dreamville album, shall be giving it a spin on my run home this evening.

Loving this. I think I've blown all the speakers in my car :)

Advertisement