Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[PSVR] Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Argos are selling Wipeout Omega Collection for €17.99 atm, which is handy considering the VR update today is free (and meant to be the best thing on PSVR so far).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TacoMan wrote: »
    Argos are selling Wipeout Omega Collection for €17.99 atm, which is handy considering the VR update today is free (and meant to be the best thing on PSVR so far).

Damn, get thee to a PSVR headset!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No one is mentioning the reduction in available ship types.
    Not the full game, in the way the Dirt Rally vr update was.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No one is mentioning the reduction in available ship types.
    Not the full game, in the way the Dirt Rally vr update was.

? Going by the review, the VR version has three extra ships.

https://uploadvr.com/wipeout-omega-collection-vr-review-psvrs-tour-de-force/

? Going by the review, the VR version has three extra ships.

https://uploadvr.com/wipeout-omega-collection-vr-review-psvrs-tour-de-force/

When I had the game set to normal the range of ship models, including my beloved 2097 type craft, were available for selection.
    Once I turned on the magic hat they vanished and only the same model was there, with different skins representing the various teams.
    But, of course, I might well be wrong, it has happened before.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    When I had the game set to normal the range of ship models, including my beloved 2097 type craft, were available for selection.
    Once I turned on the magic hat they vanished and only the same model was there, with different skins representing the various teams.
    But, of course, I might well be wrong, it has happened before.

Weird. Maybe they have to be unlocked or something?

Maybe so, but the normal screen mode has individual team ship models, VR mode only the stats and skin changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »
    Some sales on the Irish store now like Ultrawings for €15 and Brookhaven for €5

I love Brookhaven!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/21/big-fortnite-discounts-among-new-deals-going-live-on-playstation-store-today/

Polybius is on sale too. Fantastic trip!

psychonauts and batman also well reduced

sweetie wrote: »
    psychonauts and batman also well reduced

Batman @ 14.99 / 9.99 is still not low enough for me considering game length.

7.99 is absolute max I'd pay. Surprised it has held it's value for so long considering it was a launch title.

I don't have Plus so 14.99 is still too high for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Batman is one of the best PSVR games there is. Top 5 for sure. It's more than 2 hours, a lot more if you go for the Riddler's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Batman is one of the best PSVR games there is. Top 5 for sure. It's more than 2 hours, a lot more if you go for the Riddler's stuff.

I agree this game is expensive but when I played it I didn't feel ripped off. You can see where the money was spent. I wish there was alot more too it alright.
    But I loved it, I've jumped briefly back into it, might just sit and do it all again, get the riddler trophies!

coolisin wrote: »
    I agree this game is expensive but when I played it I didn't feel ripped off. You can see where the money was spent. I wish there was alot more too it alright.
    But I loved it, I've jumped briefly back into it, might just sit and do it all again, get the riddler trophies!

That part with Robin handing you stuff through the cage is a real mindbender.

Cold Iron is $7.99 on US store with PS Plus.

I signed on for the 2-day PS Plus trial to get it. It's great fun with the latest update patch (though I don't know what it was like before... apparently too blurry?)

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

mrcheez wrote: »

I bought it took about 20 mins to finish and played it through about 3 times
    Not sure it was even worth 8 euro for the amount of time i spent on it

I bought Inpatient for $12.79 on US store last week using my 20% off voucher.

I gotta say, I'm really liking it. It's slow paced, but intentionally so. Builds up tension, it's like a horror play as it's essentially a walking sim.

Definitely worth sale price.

Rez Infinite and Superhot are $15 on US store

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

50% off Gran Turismo Sport on the playstation store this week. Anybody tried the VR section on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

50% of Gran Turismo Sport on the playstation store this week. Anybody tried the VR section on it?

Yeah I got this with the VR bundle at christmas.
    The driving is limited in VR, its time trials and 1v1 in arcade mode.
    I like the VR mode as its a full body in the car, not floating hands

If you like driving games its good. In fairness they constantly add decent content and more cars to it.
    Made me go out and buy a cheap steering wheel with a stand to play properly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I held out on getting Surgeon Simulator for €19.99 and I'm glad I did, it's down to €5.99.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I held out on getting Surgeon Simulator for €19.99 and I'm glad I did, it's down to €5.99.

Blasters of the Universe is down to €8.99

Best wave shooter on PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'll have a look at that.

Yeah, Blasters is great fun.

DiRT Rally is down to €14.99 on PS Store + the VR add on at €12.99 and it's €27.98. Great price!

DiRT Rally is down to €14.99 on PS Store + the VR add on at €12.99 and it's €27.98. Great price!

hmm not the cheapest...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105453411&postcount=2397

Great game though, but that's a pretty steep price

Wow 17 quid is a great price for it! never knew it went that cheap, been tracking it since I got the PSVR and haven't seen it go below 60 quid for the base version alone.

Wow 17 quid is a great price for it! never knew it went that cheap, been tracking it since I got the PSVR and haven't seen it go below 60 quid for the base version alone.

The bundle seems to drop to €19.99 often. I reckon it's due a drop soon.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1202994/dirt-rallyr-plus-playstationrvr-bundle

• Advertisement

Might pick up Doom VFR and Superhot instead then and hope DiRT drops to 20 quid. Thanks.

Advertisement