Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Presumably they won't fine him the 30k per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Cjs21

Presumably they won't fine him the 30k per day?

If they did I can't see him coming back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You could argue that the Seahawks gave him nothing, or you could argue that they gave him an extra $2m, depending on how you want to look at it...
    Specifically, the team turned $500,000 in per-game roster bonuses and $500,000 in incentives (for rushing for 1,500 yards or more) for this season into guaranteed money, increasing his base salary for the 2014 season from $5 million to $6 million. The Seahawks also took $500,000 he was guaranteed for 2015 and agreed to pay it to him now.

Lynch also may not have to pay almost $500,000 in fines he accumulated during his holdout. More...

He seems to be quids in to do this again next season, seeing as he has a chunk of money now that wasn't due to him until 2015. This will almost certainly be his last season with the Seahawks, I'd wager.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep definitely seems that way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Pete Carroll makes the rules or will adapt to the rules? In any case, we are looking for another great Seattle Seahawks season.

• Advertisement

Anyone watch the game last night?

Has to be said we probably have the strongest squad for QB's.

Pryor could actually start with a number of teams, especially in the AFC.

Was a very laid back affair, exciting to have football back.

Cjs21 wrote: »
    Anyone watch the game last night?

Has to be said we probably have the strongest squad for QB's.

Pryor could actually start with a number of teams, especially in the AFC.

Was a very laid back affair, exciting to have football back.

Only saw highlights so can't really say too much. What about Pryor did you like?

Most important thing I'll be looking out for in the OS is Michael. A lot of buzz that he can make the step up this season and with Lynch likely leaving at the end of the year it's make or break for him.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Only saw highlights so can't really say too much. What about Pryor did you like?

Most important thing I'll be looking out for in the OS is Michael. A lot of buzz that he can make the step up this season and with Lynch likely leaving at the end of the year it's make or break for him.

His rushing was superb, there was 1 or 2 shaky snaps but he recovered them well, one of them ended up being a 28 yard gain as far as I remember. Excited for this season ahead

Fair to say that Wilson is keeping some very decent statisitcal company going into his third professional season

GS TD INT QB Rating Yds Comp Att Comp% Superbowls Pro-Bowls
    Manning 32 52 43 80.6 7874 657 1108 59.3 0 1
    Brady 14 18 12 86.1 2849 265 416 63.7 1 1
    Favre 13 18 15 82.8 3227 302 475 63.6 0 1
    Marino 27 68 23 104.5 7294 535 860 62.2 0 2

Wilson 32 52 19 100.6 6475 509 800 63.6 1 2

Be very interesting to see how things fair up at the end of the season when you can compare years 2 and 3 for all of the above, seeing as Brady and Favre weren't starters in their first season.

But obviously I'll hate him regardless. Sap.

ANyone see the full game against the Chargers? O-Line is being singled out for praise in many quarters, Carpenter in particular. Michael fumbles again... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Great opening day game for Seattle so far.

29-10 over the packers with about 9 minutes left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

SEAHAWKS WIN! Start 2014 in win column defeating Packers 36-16.

The city is going nuts right now. Packers are one of a few teams who are a serious threat this season so we're off to a great start.

Call me crazy, but I think this team could go undefeated this season, including Playoffs. If they keep up their concentration it's a huge possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have it recorded and looking forward to watching it tonight. Early momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Have it recorded and looking forward to watching it tonight. Early momentum.

You'll watch knowing the result?

I try my best to avoid knowing the score of games I watch delayed.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    You'll watch knowing the result?

I try my best to avoid knowing the score of games I watch delayed.

I'd already checked the result before I knew there were highlights on the next morning. But if I had known, I think I would have checked thr result anyway. I'd have to know!

Wow, I really jinxed us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Great game lads.... See u in Phoenix in 2015!!.

Well, that was disappointing, especially after the performance in the first game. The defence just seemed to lack some oomph, although I only saw the plays shown on Redzone. Hopefully things pick up for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Go Hawks!

• Advertisement

Indeed. We're on Sky Sunday night. Looking forward to seeing them live for the first time this season (the other games were late; very very late)

Indeed. We're on Sky Sunday night. Looking forward to seeing them live for the first time this season (the other games were late; very very late)

thats really the problem with west coast teams, hawks are my second team but watch their late games is impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Well that was bloody awful

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

thats really the problem with west coast teams, hawks are my second team but watch their late games is impossible

West coast teams don't have any more late games than east coast teams. The only difference is more 9pm games and less 6pm games.

Really? Always seems they are on later than the Titans

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Well that was bloody awful

It certainly made for difficult watching. We seemed to have no ideas on offence and poor Russell was hounded all over the field. If not for a couple of silly mistakes by the Cowboys it could have been over much sooner. Hopefully things pick up soon because the division is looking pretty tight.

Fair play to Dallas, though. They looked good in all departments, except special teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Really? Always seems they are on later than the Titans

I think teams can have a max of 5 prime time games and obviously if a team is doing well they will be selected for all 5.

So Harvin's gone (he must have been REALLY disruptive), leaving Russell to do all the work himself!

At least there were signs of a recovery tonight, unlike last week.

Well, maybe now we can say things have turned around, with the defence and running game (surprise, surprise) to the fore. Passing options appear even more limited than last year, and all the talk about Lynch leaving can't be a help, but hopefully the Falcons do us a favour tonight and things will be in our hands, despite a difficult few games coming up.

• Advertisement

Looking at the last few games for all NFC West Teams it's anyones game, but you have to have the Hawks in prime position.

Sundays game against the Eagles is going to be what decides it.

Unlikely to get home advantage throughout the playoffs but it would be nice to beat the eagles and more than likely have a rest for the 1st week of the playoffs.

Predicted this at the start of the season.

Between Seahawks and Packers for NFC and Patriots will win the AFC.

Advertisement