Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Sites and Deals for buying Darts & accessories

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Just made a decent purchase from 501 darts last night. I looked at your site and it was still down.

will let ye all know how i get on with 501darts.

Any idea how long shipment takes from them iff all items are in stock

Shipping is from Dublin, should be same/next day posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

I assume 74.95 for the Sigma Ones is an error.

Also, anyone here know where i can get Pentathlon pear shape black (snake eye ones)?
    Yes I am a fussy fukker before anyone asks.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

bought flights and shafts from Pure Darts in England lst week. Post was a bit slow. Took about 8 days to arrive. 20 sets of dimplex flights and 10 sets of shafts landing on your front door for 17 euro (postage of 6 sterling INCLUDED). Nothing wrong with that. Will see me through 2010.

Good to see ppl supporting irish businesses.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

bought flights and shafts from Pure Darts in England lst week. Post was a bit slow. Took about 8 days to arrive. 20 sets of dimplex flights and 10 sets of shafts landing on your front door for 17 euro (postage of 6 sterling INCLUDED). Nothing wrong with that. Will see me through 2010.

We could have done them for around €19.50 delivered ... I know it aint a better price but delivery would have been a lot quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Hello Jim, did you get the pm I sent you regarding flights and shafts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

greened wrote: »

17 euro is good for 10 sets of shafts and 20 sets of flights? :eek:

I've just bought 10 sets of shafts and 10 sets of flights and paid under £6(inc delivery), flights are 30p per set....hardly think the site I used would charge an extra £6/7 for delivery to the south.

Dunno exactly what the exchange rate is, but couldn't be much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Devastator wrote: »

I've just bought 10 sets of shafts and 10 sets of flights and paid under £6(inc delivery), flights are 30p per set....hardly think the site I used would charge an extra £6/7 for delivery to the south.

Dunno exactly what the exchange rate is, but couldn't be much?
    Where did you pay 6 pound (inc delivery) for all that stuff?

Try email the irish sites for a chance to compete against the UK quotes.
    prodarts@live.ie is contact for www.prodarts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PRODARTS

Fellow darts inthusiast, as a new irish darts company i can understand your comments about sterling prices and shipping costs. it frustrates me that a uk company can ship a 3kg dartd board to anywhere in the uk for jst £1.00 when in ireland it would cost €9.00 or €13.00 registered and thats before we pay for shipping to ireland first. unfortunatly as a small fish in the big pond this is way out of my controll, hence the reason i dont have my dart boards up on the site just yet.

where possible and within reason i will personaly deliver to your club for free on orders over €30.00 (dublin only) or if you have an inhouse compition we can come and set up shop with special offers and spot prizes, simply have your team captian or secretary contact us at prodatrs@live.ie . deliveries outside of dublin will be charged acordingly or you can collect, throw before you buy!!!

the aim of prodarts is simple, to generate an income that can help support any good irish thrower and get them onto the big stage. i personaly think irish players dont get this chance as the game is still known as a "pub game". since setting up just one month ago we have sponsored 6 players into singles tournaments and one team in the kildare league. for sponsorship details email us at prodarts@live.ie

practise practise practise... this is the secret to a top thrower, and you can never practise too much, tho sometimes i feel like my own darts and board should be thrown out of the window, there is just something about hitting that double that keeps me going. we can help to organise practise sessions or friendly matches with other clubs, email us at prodarts or use the contact page on www.prodarts.ie .

thank you to all for your support, if you have any comments, queries or complaints (not about my spelling :o) please reply or use the contact page on the website.

merry christmas and a happy new year to all

prodarts.ie

the player makes the game!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Where did you pay 6 pound (inc delivery) for all that stuff?

I wasn't entirely sure if I could post which site yesterday (hence the reason I didn't), but now have realised its on the 1st page of this thread anyway!

I order from http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/ I'm sure if you e-mail them with basically what you are ordering (# shafts, # flights etc) they will give you a postage price.

My total was £6.22. use "newsletter1109" when ordering to get a discount

Edit (added Wednesday) ;- btw, I made my order at some stage over the weekend and it had arrived when I got home from work today. Thats pretty speedy service imo

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

I wasn't entirely sure if I could post which site yesterday (hence the reason I didn't), but now have realised its on the 1st page of this thread anyway!

I order from http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/ I'm sure if you e-mail them with basically what you are ordering (# shafts, # flights etc) they will give you a postage price.

My total was £6.22. use "newsletter1109" when ordering to get a discount

Edit (added Wednesday) ;- btw, I made my order at some stage over the weekend and it had arrived when I got home from work today. Thats pretty speedy service imo

I have used these before and always found them good. Must try the code the next time. i ahve foud their site down recently.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Solberg2005

PRODARTS wrote: »
    Fellow darts inthusiast, as a new irish darts company i can understand your comments about sterling prices and shipping costs. it frustrates me that a uk company can ship a 3kg dartd board to anywhere in the uk for jst £1.00 when in ireland it would cost €9.00 or €13.00 registered and thats before we pay for shipping to ireland first. unfortunatly as a small fish in the big pond this is way out of my controll, hence the reason i dont have my dart boards up on the site just yet.

where possible and within reason i will personaly deliver to your club for free on orders over €30.00 (dublin only) or if you have an inhouse compition we can come and set up shop with special offers and spot prizes, simply have your team captian or secretary contact us at prodatrs@live.ie . deliveries outside of dublin will be charged acordingly or you can collect, throw before you buy!!!

the aim of prodarts is simple, to generate an income that can help support any good irish thrower and get them onto the big stage. i personaly think irish players dont get this chance as the game is still known as a "pub game". since setting up just one month ago we have sponsored 6 players into singles tournaments and one team in the kildare league. for sponsorship details email us at prodarts@live.ie

practise practise practise... this is the secret to a top thrower, and you can never practise too much, tho sometimes i feel like my own darts and board should be thrown out of the window, there is just something about hitting that double that keeps me going. we can help to organise practise sessions or friendly matches with other clubs, email us at prodarts or use the contact page on www.prodarts.ie .

thank you to all for your support, if you have any comments, queries or complaints (not about my spelling :o) please reply or use the contact page on the website.

merry christmas and a happy new year to all

prodarts.ie

the player makes the game!

Just wondering do you stock dartboard surrounds and if so what type and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I would highly recommend this guy....

http://myworld.ebay.ie/steves_darts/

I bought a set of darts from him recently and he even apologised in advance for the fact that the delivery would take a while because of the weather. They still made it here very fast but had they not, it would not have been his fault so fair play to him.

He was a good bit cheaper than dartscorner also, on both the darts and postage too.

What I recommend anyone here to do when buying darts is look for them on darts corner and if you see something you like, then search for them on ebay. I saved well over a tenner by doing that ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Niall_76

I've used dartscorner and 6 quid is about the min you'll pay for delivery to ireland so you need to order a fair bit.it says that's for orders up to 1.5 lbs or something but i ordered a 3 sets of darts at one stage and the postage went way up even though they wouldnt have gone over the weight.

I posted a set of darts back from manchester last week for 1.30. Granted this wasnt registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

I recently started using Irish Darts Store as they are based in kildare
    they are still fairly new i think.

www.irishdartsstore.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

on Ebay, I really recommend Susanandclive for accessories. I got 10 sets of pear flights for €4.95 delivered.

I've also ordered a set of darts from Fishingcucumberman, I'll let you know if I receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

is there any irish store that sells long stems, not medium which most ppl confuse for long, the really long ones.

Larkin91 wrote: »
    on Ebay, I really recommend Susanandclive for accessories. I got 10 sets of pear flights for €4.95 delivered.

I've also ordered a set of darts from Fishingcucumberman, I'll let you know if I receive them.

Just to say that the darts arrived in perfect condition this morning, so yeah, Fishingcucumberman is a good and cheap seller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

I've used this ebay seller a few times and found them pretty good, since they are in Ireland I normally recieve my items the following day or the day after.
    http://shop.ebay.ie/irishsportsstores/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Dessiemc27

If any of you guys are up north shopping a Winmau Blade III board is £16.99 sterling In argos until june 20th..... Bargain. Normally £29.99 and the Blade IV is about to hit the shops this autumn.

Just ordered an Eclipse Pro Trainer from dartscorner.co.uk considering they are a very reputable site.

It was €42 but delivery and discounts brought that up to €53 unfortunately. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

padr81 wrote: »
    is there any irish store that sells long stems, not medium which most ppl confuse for long, the really long ones.

Long stems as in 55mm??

I have them in stock in black only.

chevron wrote: »
    Long stems as in 55mm??

they are mediums mate, long are 65-70mm, at least the ones i have.

501darts wrote: »
    I have them in stock in black only.

can't find them on the site mate.

padr81 wrote: »
    can't find them on the site mate.

Iv sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭tonmachine

I placed an order with 501darts.ie last Friday. I ordered darts, flights and stems. The order was delivered to my door on Tuesday morning. I also had the flights punctured with the flight puncture and i have to say i have been practicing all week and not once have i had to put a flight back on my darts. They just seem to be stuck on. You can see a demo of this on irldarts.com. As for the order itself I have to say I am absolutely delighted with the products. The efficiency is next to none and the cost is very very reasonable when you consider P&P. I would definitely rate this site (501darts.ie) as a 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Just want to let everyone know, ordered from prodarts.ie wednesday, everything arrived this morning. Excellent service and prices work out about the same compared to dartscorner and other UK based sites, as they charge around £6 to £8 for delivery compared to around €2 from prodarts. I'd recommend them to everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Ordered from prodarts.ie last Friday. Got an email very shortly afterwards saying my item was out of stock & would I like to wait or pick an alternative. Picked an alternative & it was shipped same day & I received it on Tuesday.

Excellent service would definitely recommend them

Advertisement