Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

While driving through Dublin today I noticed RetroNow is back on 102.5fm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

On air tonight :
    91.0 Hot FM
    94.1 Unid - over modulated
    99.5 Unid - Energy ?

Unable to confirm 102.5

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »
    On air tonight :
    91.0 Hot FM
    94.1 Unid - over modulated
    99.5 Unid - Energy ?

Unable to confirm 102.5

This is what I got earlier in Liffey valley

91.0 Hot FM
    94.1 Unid - dance music
    102.5 RetroNow
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.7 Coast FM (Same signal as Disco)

91.0 Hot FM
    94.1 Unid - dance music
    102.5 RetroNow
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    103.0 Energy is that new?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

castle2012 wrote: »
    That would be Energy 103 Ratoath. Never actually heard it myself, probably quite low power.

• Advertisement

91.0 Hot FM
    94.1 Unid - dance music
    102.5 RetroNow
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE

Very bleak in Dublin. Hot FM the only one with widespread coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »

Kiss FM were on earlier in the week on 102.5 around south Dublin.

Only bleak because all mountain site operators off as a precaution, All back soon I’d say

On air about 15 years now, About 100 watts from Ratoath, they seem to have done work on there aerial system lately it’s getting out better, The 103.0 is quite cluttered with Eastcoast on 102.9 & The FM 104 relay on 103.1 in north Dublin

On air about 15 years now, About 100 watts from Ratoath, they seem to have done work on there aerial system lately it’s getting out better, The 103.0 is quite cluttered with Eastcoast on 102.9 & The FM 104 relay on 103.1 in north Dublin

I would say I only heard about Energy on 103.0 in the last two or three years! So it can be picked up around the west of the City and, presumably, the area of Meath close to Rathoath as well. Where else?

• Advertisement

I would say I only heard about Energy on 103.0 in the last two or three years! So it can be picked up around the west of the City and, presumably, the area of Meath close to Rathoath as well. Where else?

You’d never get Energy in west Dublin a few weeks ago that’s why i reckon they have worked on the aerial system or got a new transmitter, Well worth a listen they play all oldies with the old Energy 103 jingles, it’s a pity their not online.

You’d never get Energy in west Dublin a few weeks ago that’s why i reckon they have worked on the aerial system or got a new transmitter, Well worth a listen they play all oldies with the old Energy 103 jingles, it’s a pity there not online.

I assumed it was a dance station! Of course, if they came in strong in Dublin, they would be a bit too close for comfort to Dublin City FM on 103.2.

I assumed it was a dance station!

No never a dance station, Always a low powered station playing oldies 24 hours a day from the 60s, 70s, 80s & the odd 90s

No never a dance station, Always a low powered station playing oldies from the 60s, 70s, 80s & the odd 90s

A bit confusing being called Energy then, even if it is from Rathoath, as Energy Power AM is also oldies-based!

You’d never get Energy in west Dublin a few weeks ago that’s why i reckon they have worked on the aerial system or got a new transmitter, Well worth a listen they play all oldies with the old Energy 103 jingles, it’s a pity there not online.

Their aerial system was rebuild after storm damage iirc.
    The signal is improved in West Dublin now - it was receivable in the past - see previous postings - but not as clear.

Continuous music on 99.5 - good signal with some processing

A bit confusing being called Energy then, even if it is from Rathoath, as Energy Power AM is also oldies-based!

Oh the Energy in Ratoath is on about 15 years

Their aerial system was rebuild after storm damage iirc.
    The signal is improved in West Dublin now - it was receivable in the past - see previous postings - but not as clear.

Continuous music on 99.5 - good signal with some processing

Any ideas who that might be?

Oh the Energy in Ratoath is on about 15 years

The other one has been around a year or two more than that!

Any ideas who that might be?

Well if it’s not Energy power AM testing this evening that transmitter comes on at the weekend

Nothing on 99.5 for me currently, although there was something testing/tweaking on it earlier this afternoon.

• Advertisement

Well if it’s not Energy power AM testing this evening that transmitter comes on at the weekend

Not doing a bandscan this evening, but very occasionally they have on a random evening. But, even if they were on, the relay/stream, most recently on 99.5, has only ever been on weekends as far as I know. That's one of the reasons I am curious about who is on 99.5. What kind of music is it playing?

You’d never get Energy in west Dublin a few weeks ago that’s why i reckon they have worked on the aerial system or got a new transmitter, Well worth a listen they play all oldies with the old Energy 103 jingles, it’s a pity their not online.

They have mentioned plans to stream but nothing yet unfortunately - they also include hits that would have been very popular on the original Energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,950 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Nothing on 99.5 for me currently, although there was something testing/tweaking on it earlier this afternoon.

Picked it up around 10PMish when some oldies going out for a time.

Energy AM is now on 99.5 FM as opposed to continuous music - testing streams ??

I heard Energy Power AM a short while ago on 1395 kh MW and 99.5 FM. It looks like that is what was on last night on 99.5 FM. I would imagine 1395 was on as well, if 99.5 is a stream of 1395kh: pity I could not check!

To the best of my knowledge, the stream on FM has not been on outside of Saturday/Sunday before....but I could be wrong!

The gap between the Energy AM output and FM output has been eliminated there used to be a considerable delay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Hot FM Rock’s stream also gone

Hot FM 91.0 is off air in Dublin this evening.

Hot FM 91.0 is off air in Dublin this evening.
    I wonder was it raided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

I wonder was it raided

Here's hoping

Advertisement