Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

College

• 07-07-2020 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

So i am really stressed out atm. I will be starting college in September and I have no summer job to earn money. i have been applying for jobs on indeed and handed CVs in everywhere but i have heard nothing back yet. i have about €8000 in savings and my parents said they would cover tuition and accommodation but i am just scared i will not have enough for food transport etc. how much would u usually spend every week in college approx?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭barbiegirl123

This is causing me really bad anxiety

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

This is causing me really bad anxiety

OP, you'll be more than fine. Really. Way back when I was in UL, I got the 6k council grant, and paid for my accommodation out of it as well. Not only was it enough, I'm pretty good with money so I had some left over by the end of the year. Unless you're really terrible with money, with your accommodation and fees paid for, 8k should last you 2 years or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭barbiegirl123

OP, you'll be more than fine. Really. Way back when I was in UL, I got the 6k council grant, and paid for my accommodation out of it as well. Not only was it enough, I'm pretty good with money so I had some left over by the end of the year. Unless you're really terrible with money, with your accommodation and fees paid for, 8k should last you 2 years or more.
    Well i only really have 2800 in my account that I can use as my parents are holding onto the rest of my money until i’m done college, i also have 800 in my account that i’m going to try and hold onto until college so hopefully i will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

You’ll be grand. I survived with 4,500 grand. Don’t sweat it. Best years of you’re life coming up.

Advertisement