Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Pissing rain it will make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭giveitholly

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Pissing rain it will make a difference.

Or snowing!!

Orange ball maybe give hawkeye a better view of it in hogans hand and not crossing the crossbar, seeing in pl that hawkeye can **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,650 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Winter hurling is all about dogs and kilkenny have plenty of them! Dogs and a excellent free taker will get you along way. I'd make them strong contenders.

I finding it hard to get excited about this year's hurling all seems very distant.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Winter hurling is all about dogs and kilkenny have plenty of them! Dogs and a excellent free taker will get you along way. I'd make them strong contenders.

I finding it hard to get excited about this year's hurling all seems very distant.

dogs will keep a game a close for 50 minutes after that its over, keep tj reid quiet and kilkenny are bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Am thinking the exact same on all points you raised here. i can see problems for these matches to even take place what if someone gets the virus? Fixing these games whack bang in the middle of the next flu season defies comprehension to me but i haven't heard many say the same surely these could have been started in September thats giving the clubs july and August i know there'll be time needed to prepare/train etc but anything is better than the way they are going with.

Re the hurling we (limerick) got the short stick plus Clare of course but would rather our draw than Tipps at least if we beat Clare we'll have a game under our belts but ahhh I can't get too excited yet cos I just fear unless they change dates this might not even happen. I hope to God it does though snow or no snow

dogs will keep a game a close for 50 minutes after that its over, keep tj reid quiet and kilkenny are bet.

Think you're being a little harsh they've plenty of ability to go with those dogs.
    Remember TJ didn't score from play in the semi final win over Limerick.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think you're being a little harsh they've plenty of ability to go with those dogs.
    Remember TJ didn't score from play in the semi final win over Limerick.

me harsh on kilkenny never ha, i truly would fear wexford more with there running game. Mullen will be very good but other than that i dont think im being at all harsh, they have very agricultural hurlers coming through, there u21s last year were well off the pace against cork in the semi.

Kk the masters of hard dogs for the road and with cody........ Tj though 33 later this yr and Tipp of course have a few at wrong side of 30 some will say winter hurling might suit old legs I disagree anyway as already said croker at any time will be close to ideal

lim4ev wrote: »
    Kk the masters of hard dogs for the road and with cody........ Tj though 33 later this yr and Tipp of course have a few at wrong side of 30 some will say winter hurling might suit old legs I disagree anyway as already said croker at any time will be close to ideal

kk havent won since 2015 and i dont see that changing anytime in next few years, the great kk team is gone and comparisons with the new crop cannot be justified. My point about winter hurling was the chances of it pissing down are likely and this will suit the more skillful hurlers irregardless of the pitch. Wet day will not suit limericks short running game where accuracy and first touch are key either.

• Advertisement

kk havent won since 2015 and i dont see that changing anytime in next few years, the great kk team is gone and comparisons with the new crop cannot be justified. My point about winter hurling was the chances of it pissing down are likely and this will suit the more skillful hurlers irregardless of the pitch. Wet day will not suit limericks short running game where accuracy and first touch are key either.

There's no doubt kk are nowhere near as good as they were but from a limerick point of view I think we're better (leaving last July aside) they're still formidable opposition for us especially in croke park would we have gotten over the line in 2018 had that qf been on in croke park instead of thurles? Im not so sure. I think we can alter our game for winter hurling we have size on our side plus twud be no harm to have a plan b the running game wasn't much good to us last yr v kk was it? I think this yrs winners will come from us Tipp and wexford I discount kk cos I don't see them beating Tipp and I think if you've to win it you'll have to beat them for us if we're to win it we'll have to beat ye possibly twice same for Tipp with us. Cork Galway Waterford and Clare can't be discounted either but if I was forced to pick 3 thats who I'd go for

There's no doubt kk are nowhere near as good as they were but from a limerick point of view I think we're better (leaving last July aside) they're still formidable opposition for us especially in croke park would we have gotten over the line in 2018 had that qf been on in croke park instead of thurles? Im not so sure. I think we can alter our game for winter hurling we have size on our side plus twud be no harm to have a plan b the running game wasn't much good to us last yr v kk was it? I think this yrs winners will come from us Tipp and wexford I discount kk cos I don't see them beating Tipp and I think if you've to win it you'll have to beat them for us if we're to win it we'll have to beat ye possibly twice same for Tipp with us. Cork Galway Waterford and Clare can't be discounted either but if I was forced to pick 3 thats who I'd go for

fair enough as i said earlier i think its us lim or galway, can see wexford going far but ultimately they dont have high scoring forwards when needed.

fair enough as i said earlier i think its us lim or galway, can see wexford going far but ultimately they dont have high scoring forwards when needed.

Would you think Galway have?

Would you think Galway have?

Conor whelan can be deadly and a guy called joe aint bad either, throw in young concannon and mannion and jason flynn, galway always trouble us so i would be wary of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

This winter hurling could suit our lads, best stick players in the country and should slow down some of the other teams as we are not blessed with pace, cork are screwed, limericks short running game could be difficult to pull off and wexford and kilkenny dont have the forwards to put up scores in difficult weather. between us lim and galway i reckon.
    time of year wouldnt really matter in croke park though will it. Ground will still be maintained by pro groundsmen and not really going to be that much of a factor.

that bit cliched no? Going on about dogs..
    Kilkenny would be strong contenders regardless.
    Am thinking the exact same on all points you raised here. i can see problems for these matches to even take place what if someone gets the virus? Fixing these games whack bang in the middle of the next flu season defies comprehension to me but i haven't heard many say the same surely these could have been started in September thats giving the clubs july and August i know there'll be time needed to prepare/train etc but anything is better than the way they are going with.

Re the hurling we (limerick) got the short stick plus Clare of course but would rather our draw than Tipps at least if we beat Clare we'll have a game under our belts but ahhh I can't get too excited yet cos I just fear unless they change dates this might not even happen. I hope to God it does though snow or no snow
    not really. If covid19 has dropped even more then what's the issue. It's not as if numbers from abroad attending games would be high.
    Clubs need more time than just two months and this will only be a short competition

Wet sliotars im talking about more so than the ground. Ball skidding off the ground in wet weather harder to control so will suit lads with better first touch.

Conor whelan can be deadly and a guy called joe aint bad either, throw in young concannon and mannion and jason flynn, galway always trouble us so i would be wary of them.

Yes I rate Whelan v highly and Joe no need to go on

Yes I rate Whelan v highly and Joe no need to go on

you asked i answered.

Only the all ireland final and semis will be Croker, all other games will be in Provincial grounds which can be affected by bad weather.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Only the all ireland final and semis will be Croker, all other games will be in Provincial grounds which can be affected by bad weather.
    all grounds are affected by weather but do these stadiums not have geoundsmen who manage the facility?
    It's not really a problem.

• Advertisement

dont know how people think rain and wind wont affect hurling, its the weather not the grounds im talking about. Tommy walsh was on about a while back how it will suit some teams.

you asked i answered.

I wasn't having a go earlier when I mentioned joe.

Seems donal og and Jackie tyrell both agree with your thinking about certain teams being more suited to winter hurling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭robbiezero

My feeling is that Limerick will bring more of a Plan B this year. While their running game in full flow is awesome, it can be quite one dimensional and can play into the hands of certain teams e.g. the likes of KK who will always bring the dogs of war and will relish a short game battle in the middle third, even in the first game against Cork when Cork packed the middle third a longer game might have yielded better results against a fairly weak Cork full back line.

Tipp don't have as effective a short game as Limerick and don't have the pace and power to execute it with the same impact as Limerick, but they mix it up a bit and are not afraid to cough up possession with long diagonal balls into their forwards which can be hugeful effective, as well as accurate long balls picking out their forwards in space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Any one know how to get tickets for club games this weekend if you don’t have a season ticket etc, supposed to be on the website but I can’t see where, just how to register for people who have a season ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stand em up

Great to see Tipperary GAA letting their season ticket holders watch the games online for free. Only wish my own county would do the same for their season ticket holders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

solerina wrote: »
    Any one know how to get tickets for club games this weekend if you don’t have a season ticket etc, supposed to be on the website but I can’t see where, just how to register for people who have a season ticket

I wouldn’t think there is any way. Won’t be any left over for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Some good games in the Senior A yesterday, the highlight was seeing Billy McCarthy score a point whilst on his knees. What a way to announce his return.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Some good games in the Senior A yesterday, the highlight was seeing Billy McCarthy score a point whilst on his knees. What a way to announce his return.

Delighted, great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shalclon

Could anyone tell me so I can tell my father, he needs to know, why during the nenagh v holycross game today did the commentator say the ball went left and wide when it was actually right and said right when it was left? Hope I'm making sense, I didn't see the game but my father has been on the phone to me asking me to find out!!??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

I noted that error myself.
    To be honest i think it was just a mistake and it was easier for the two lads commentating to carry on talking and not worry about back tracking.
    They had Cathal Barrett pass to Cathal Barrett at one stage, these mistakes happen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement