Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding for PPC I - FE1 - SUSI

• 30-03-2020 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm nearly finished my FE1 and had planned on getting a grant through Susi to help pay for PPC I. I was looking through the criteria and spotted this "A student who already holds a masters degree at level 9 is ineligible for funding for the Professional Practice Course unless that masters degree is in law".

I'm gutted as I can forget about getting funding through Susi if that's the case. I don't fit the criteria.

I've put lots of work into doing these exams and not it appears for nothing. There's no way I'm taking out a loan to cover it, would cripple me financially.

Does anyone know : is there a way of overcoming this?

Any clarification appreciated.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

I'm confused as to why you think passing exams is a waste? Did you check the eligibility for Susi funding when you were making your plans?

Could you ask your employer for help? Change jobs, or get extra work during the summer to pay for the course?

Advertisement