Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare while completing the PME in Hibernia

• 04-11-2019 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am currently planning on completing the PME in Hibernia college next April and I was just wondering if anyone would have any knowledge on whether you are able to claim any benefits while on the course as I believe it is intense and that you would not be able to work while doing so.

Can you claim any job seekers or rent allowance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahdylan

kealau2019 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently planning on completing the PME in Hibernia college next April and I was just wondering if anyone would have any knowledge on whether you are able to claim any benefits while on the course as I believe it is intense and that you would not be able to work while doing so.

Can you claim any job seekers or rent allowance?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It’s very difficult to say without knowing your situation, if you have children you would get some form of social welfare (depending on your partners income if you have one) the rent supplement has been replaced by the HAP Housing Assistance payment and is based purely on income, whether or not you are doing a course would not be included in decision making

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Hi I was on the dole for a few months , was planning on doing Hibernia but don't think I could have drawn down back to bed allowance while doing it. You could draw the normal jobseekers as far as I know but youll get hassle after a while eg being put on turas nua, cause they don't see it as a full time course so technically you're available for work.

I have got a job since so if I decide to go do Hibernia I'm gonna stay working and do the masters on the side, I hear it's hard but doable if you put in the effort.

Advertisement