Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pushy Sales Person with Admitted Alcoholic

• 07-11-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

So I was in a shop (won't name) and his store had a promotion on alcohol free wine & gin.

Every customer ahead of me being given the hard sell from the cashier.

Gentlemen ahead of me is offered, he politely says no thanks, but the cashier keeps going. Gentlemen says to the cashier, no thanks, I'm a recovery alcoholic, so I don't think it's for me. Cashier not having that, but sure its alcohol free... gentlemen held is composure said no and paid and left...

I was absolutely in shock at the a pushynes especially after the customer told the cashier he had a problem with alcohol.

How is that allowed, It may be alcohol free(<.5%)...just curious to see how non drinkers feel about this. I have a friend who has a problem, if he starts on alcohol free, he generally moves to full alcohol fair sharpish. So now stays away altogether.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

The cashier probably doesn't understand the horror, depression or the absolute turmoil that alcohol can have on someone's(and their loved ones lives).... Fools pardon for that salesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

The cashier probably doesn't understand the horror, depression or the absolute turmoil that alcohol can have on someone's(and their loved ones lives).... Fools pardon for that salesman.

The salesperson was in their 40's/50's really should have known. But surely the company who own the store ought to be more responsible. It seems cashers in the companies other branches do it too. So very likely to be a company directive, probably a KPI for the store judging by the pushyness

Advertisement