Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cards, ban, restricted access on the Atheism and Agnostic forum

• 27-10-2020 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've received a series of infractions arising from a specific line of argumentation which the A&A forum mods consider as transgressing forum rules. I'd reject the idea that that approach is out of order, either in letter or in spirit.

Things progressed unto a banning. The forum mods have since decided to confine me to a single thread on that forum. Now, whatever I write in any thread on that forum, even if nothing to do with the offending line of argumentation, is to be dispatched to that thread or deleted.

Furthermore, one A&A mods has taken to sanctioning me in the Christianity forum (he/she is a mod there too). Part of the reason for the sanction in Christianity was my repeating something I'd written in the A&A forum. Whilst the item itself had nothing to do with the offending line of argumentation, the fact that everything I say in A&A ends up in the corralled thread precludes me from speaking it anywhere outside that corralled thread.

It appears that if I said the sky was blue in A&A, that comment would be shifted to the corralled thread. And if I then said the sky was blue in Politics, I could be sanctioned there, were there an A&A mod in Politics - the corralling in A&A being extended boards.ie wide.

1. I'd like to appeal the line of argumentation being sanctionable at all.

2. If found that line of argumentation sanctionable, I'd like non-related comments in A&A to be allowed remain where I post them.

I suppose 1. might be addressed first since it could resolve 2. by default.

Thanks

antiskeptic

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please confirm which card(s) and/or forum bans you are contesting. Please also confirm whether you have attempted to resolve these directly with the relevant mods via PM

This appeal will be limited to reviewing the relevant cards and/or forum bans. If you have a wider issue concerning moderation please take it to Help Desk once this appeal has been resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Beasty wrote: »
    Please confirm which card(s) and/or forum bans you are contesting. Please also confirm whether you have attempted to resolve these directly with the relevant mods via PM

This appeal will be limited to reviewing the relevant cards and/or forum bans. If you have a wider issue concerning moderation please take it to Help Desk once this appeal has been resolved

Hi Beasty,

A miscommunication amongst mods appears to have been the cause of the apparent mod overreach / over constraining. That situation has since been clarified and seemingly resolved.

Thanks..

Advertisement